Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    (((((Heather))))) hugs for you and your dear friend.💗
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Heather, thinking of you and so sorry your friend is so ill.
    Sharon, shingles. Just so sorry you have to go through shingles. Hope it will be a mild case.
    Barbi, love the field, what a great place to walk the dogs.

Wonderful that Aubrey is coming home. So much happening on our site. I read everyday and follow all the news but must get better at responding. Stay safe everyone in this odd Pacific NW weather. Looks like more snow is coming Friday and the weekend. Wishing everyone well,
    Betsy in NW Washington
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :) The roads in my neighborhood finally dried up enough so I could take Sasha on a walk somewhere other than in the big field. She much prefers the roads. Also my friend and I can finally get to and from each other's houses so we'll be able to walk together tomorrow. The dogs have missed her and so have I. Then the snow will return on Friday and the story will start again.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Kayla: Great news about the little one. Sorry to hear about your aunt. It's such a worry when families are spread far and wide.
    Machka: Glad to know the MRI is over. Now to wait for the results.
    Allie: That's a lot of stress. Hope Mary hold herself in check.
    Barrie: What a great place to exercise your dog. She's beautiful.
    Carol: i ❤️ pickles. Must try that next time I feel the snackies biting.
    Lisa: Good to know you are up and about after op.
    RoR I: Enjoy the 'new' car. I'm enjoying my 'new' iPhone, courtesy of my DYD, who updates her's often!

Hanging in here. Taking a few minutes before we go dancing to read and comment on a few. Sorry if I miss you out.

☘️ Irish Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So the news is ... my bones are not broken!

My tendons, in the area, are however rather messed up, and I've got a little tear in the hip joint cartilage. A hip labral tear, I think.

So I have an appointment with my PT on Wednesday to start looking at treatment options.

Machka in Oz

It's the ligaments right in here ...

rth9cwktsges.png

Machka: Glad to know the MRI is over. Now to wait for the results.

I actually don't mind MRIs at all. I've heard some people don't, but I sleep through them. It's a rare chance for "nap time" in the middle of the day. :smiley:

That was my 3rd MRI in 2 months.

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK- Hugs to you. Losing a friend is hard. I hope she spends her days peacefully.

Machka- Great news that now broken though sometimes that is easier to fix.....please continue to take care of that!

LisaAR- Welcome home! You know what to do. You will be up and about in no time at all.

Sharon- Shingles? OH NO! Please take care.

Grace- I rarely eat less than 1200 a day. When I do, it means I am either sick or so busy that I don't think about eating. I don't have "cheat" days. There are days when I will max out my calories, life happens, events happen, but this is a learning curve on life's journey. Oh do I plateau! Sometimes just a week, other times for a month or more. Sometimes I lose and gain the same darn 2 pounds over and over! Some of the ladies are intermittent fasting. My blood sugar prevents that for me. I need to eat, so just have to make the best choice I can when confronted with choices. I have been on this journey for a while. It is learning your body, your mind, and what works for you. I plan on living with mindful eating, so dieting is not in my vocabulary. Even my snacking is generally mindful. I read this a couple of years ago, so will share again. Your body is like your car. Neither run on empty! You must fuel both with quality fuel or they don't run well. If you overfill your car, it spills over. So does your body. So too low of calories, could stall you out. We have been brain washed into thinking starving is better. Well, it doesn't work that way. Just some food for thought. As we get closer to our weight goals it gets slower to lose as the body is fighting to keep what it has. Try not to get too discouraged. Come here and visit us. Hugs! PS: my favorite snack these days is quality dark chocolate. Good for me and enough sweet for the sweet tooth.

doiesmh60cxl.jpg
    First car trip. She is happy to be home!

So my Aunt was intubated again yesterday due to severe swelling in her throat. ENT was suppose to evaluate her last night. They are talking ventilator. My brother went to see her yesterday. The nurses tried to rouse her from her sedation, my brother told them no. He said she knows we are here. Don't make her uncomfortable on our account. While he did give the nurses both mine and our sister's names, I see no reason to make calls since he is keeping us updated. I figure the nurses in critical care have enough to do without answering the phones, when someone is willing to keep us posted. Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Dentist this morning for cleaning and crown prep. Ugh! This will be my first experience with this dentist for anything other than cleaning. Then off to work. More rain today. Roads are flooded everywhere. Fog again today.

Hugs to those in need or want!
    Healing thoughts and prayers to those injured or ill!
    Happy thoughts for everyone!
    Safety nets for those dealing with snow and ice!

Wise choices today!
    <3
    Kylia
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Morning all,

Machka - so pleased that there are no broken bones in the hip area! Muscle tears aren't any fun either, I know.

Heather - I'm so sorry about you friend, but so glad she has you in her life! So many people just disappear when someone is struggling with your friends' issues, because they can't bear the pain.

I'm moving better already this morning, got more bend in the knee before the pain kicks in, just hard to move, as it feels like my leg is a massive dead weight. I said I wouldn't take pain pills, but did, and was glad of it. Got more than seven hours sleep last night, which I desperately needed, as I didn't sleep the night before the surgery, and slept very little in the hospital last night. I used zip ties to put a basket on the front of the walker, so that I can carry things (like coffee!) that need to move from one room to the next.

Got a storm through here last night about 3 a.m., and there was one lightning strike quite close, woke us both up, and blew the electricity. It was back on by the time Corey got up for work at 4:30, though.

Don't think it will be a problem to go back to work (in my home office) on Monday, as I'm sure I'll continue to feel better through these next couple of days. Thanks for all the good wishes my friends...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    doiesmh60cxl.jpg
    First car trip. She is happy to be home!

Cute hair!
    kymarai wrote: »
    So my Aunt was intubated again yesterday due to severe swelling in her throat. ENT was suppose to evaluate her last night. They are talking ventilator. My brother went to see her yesterday. The nurses tried to rouse her from her sedation, my brother told them no. He said she knows we are here. Don't make her uncomfortable on our account. While he did give the nurses both mine and our sister's names, I see no reason to make calls since he is keeping us updated. I figure the nurses in critical care have enough to do without answering the phones, when someone is willing to keep us posted. Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear this. :(

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Wessecg- Cute puppy!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I bought more organising stuff today.

I'm debating what I want to file (in file folders) and what I want to put into binders ... and what I want to keep.

I'm actually doing the hardest part ... the recent stuff. The older stuff doesn't have quite as strong emotional triggers.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and had my tea.. down another few ounces to 14 lbs down now...which makes me feel good...
    i turned off my alarm and slept for another hour.. guess I needed it... going to do my regular stuff this morning, and then home to work on some cleaning..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sharon - Oh no! I’m so sorry about the shingles!! My grandmother had them and while I don’t remember the actual shingles, I do remember periods where she would wear sundresses which was totally out of the norm for my VERY modest grandmother. My Mom told me a couple of years ago when hubs and I got the shingles vaccine that Grandma had them and that’s when she would wear the sundresses so nothing touched her.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Sharon ~ I had shingles last year. It sort of made a circle around my shoulder joint and down my side. It was very uncomfortable and I feel for you. Healing prayers for you.

Lisa ~ Up and about so soon! Hoping that every day shows improvement in pain and mobility.

Kylia ~ Such a cute tuft of red hair on Aubrey.

Machka ~ Hoping your sprained hip will be helped by the PT.

Wesseg ~ What a cute pup. My son got a Rottweiler/Lab mix. She is sweet but boy has she torn up a lot of things in their house.

It will be almost 80* here today. Last week it was in the 20's. Hard to believe.

Carol in GA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Wessecg - Oh my gosh! That puppy is adorable. I want to pick her up and snuggle with her. I’m feeling a need for an animal fix. I think I’ll go down to the neighbors and give their horses a mint today.

Rori - I agree, yeah for butt warmers!!

Machka - Great news! I hope PT can come up with helpful exercise and you can stay low key long enough for it to heal. I’m guessing your already antsy to get back to running and cycling?

Lisa - Glad you are moving and bending! Great job. I’m glad you took the pain pill. I had to convince my hub to take them for 24 hours after he had an easy surgery. The nurse told me to make him, that if he got past the first 24 hours and wanted Aleve that was fine but the rest that the pain pills would help with at first was very important.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - Great news! I hope PT can come up with helpful exercise and you can stay low key long enough for it to heal. I’m guessing your already antsy to get back to running and cycling?

I am!!

So I'm planning to do a bit of cycling this weekend ... short, slow, and non-strenuous. Hopefully.