Does anyone have any weight loss tips and fat loss tips for me please?

Options
124»

Replies

• ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    What kind of tips are you looking for? You've already lost a great deal of weight so its seems you're doing things right. I'd suggest continue what you're doing. As you get closer to your goal weight progress will slow down, in which case you will need to pay extra attention to your logging (use a scale if you dont already) and be patient. Congratulations on your loss thus far! :)
    Any tips you’d like to share. This weight loss journey of mine is taking a very long time. I lost 20 kg in three years from 2015 then I really started trying hard to lose weight last year 2018 and I lost 19 kg since the beginning of last year up until now. I’m still overweight but nowhere near as big as I was. I’m 9 kg away from a healthy bmi and 28 kg away from where I’d love to be at the lowest healthy bmi that’s recommended for me. But I did let myself get massive so it’s understandable that it’s taking so long to lose it all. I didn’t gain the weight overnight it took years. I’m Trying to get back to 57 kg like I was from 20- 24 but it seems impossible. I’ve just started logging what I eat on my fitness pal after joining three days ago and I’ve actually been under the daily kilojoules each day what’s recommended for me to eat and drink. Do you know If I eat the recommended kilojoules my fitness pal recommends will I lose weight from following what I should be eating each day by diet alone? And also with eating the recommended kilojoules each day and doing from 270 - 630 minutes of walking each week will that help me lose weight quicker? You are right I have to be patient and my fiancé also has told me to have patience. Thank you for your kind comment I appreciate it

OP, I realized I got distracted by some of the incorrect comments on your thread and didn't pay enough attention to your story. :) You are quite amazing! If I've done the math right, you've lost a total of 85 lbs over 3 years and now are 20 lbs away from a healthy BMI (I have to frame it in pounds to understand it ;) ). Whatever strategies you used to achieve this, you have done an outstanding job in a lasting, sustainable way. Really- congratulations!

So now you've come to MFP and seem to be getting a little confused by the science behind what you've already been achieving in practice. Most would say the last 20 lbs is the hardest because it's slower and it requires more diligence. MFP is a good tool for that, because it helps you to accurately target the deficit you need to get the job done, but you don't want it to become a distraction from what has, up until now, been a good approach for you. I would look over some of the "most helpful" posts that discuss how MFP works and how to accurately log:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

Apparently you have still been losing or maintaining before coming to MFP. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to continue to eat the way you've been eating during this time for a couple of weeks while you get the hang of logging accurately. Doing so will help educate you as to how many calories you have been eating, and help you see where further (small) changes can be made to meet your new calorie allowance.

As we've already clarified, the calories MFP gives you does not include your purposeful exercise, only your normal day-to-day activities as represented by your activity level. So it's intended that you eat at least a portion of those back (calorie burn estimates are often inflated, so you may just want to do 50% for several weeks until you see how it affects your real-life results). Remember- MFP gives you estimates, but you are in possession of 3 years' worth of real-life experience, so draw on that as you make choices & draw conclusions.

Would love to hear how this goes for you, OP, so I hope you'll come back and update us. And absolutely keep asking questions :)
    Thank you very much. I’m now down to 81.9kg. I’m still walking and eating less and more healthier and I’m a bit down on myself because the way my stomach looks. I’m trying my best and I should be proud of myself but I’m trying to better myself by doing better. My doctors are impressed and one of them said he should take a picture to show people it can be done. Helps that I lost my license and was asked by one of my doctors to try and lose some weight. Best thing my doctor said to me well one of the best things. I’ve really got my son and doctor and my fiancé to thank for helping me and my two dogs. Without them I’d be bigger. Thank god I lost my drivers license