has anyone drank apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    whyskysix wrote: »
    I drink it every day with turmeric and ginger.
    It works for me.
    Makes me feel great.
    I can tell when I've went a few days without it or when I'm taking it.
    I wake up feeling great.
    I'm not sure what it does lol. But I know its doi g sonething.

Placebo effect is a powerful thing.

Especially when something tastes as nasty as ACV does. I call it the Mea Culpa Syndrome - people choke it down and then think, "Wow! I just did something good for my body!" Atonement for their previous (and usually current) dietary 'sins.'

If it tastes like crap, it *has* to be doing good stuff, right? LOL

I know I'm weird, but I actually like the stuff. ;)

Still on the side of "does nothing magical for weight loss", though.

Yes, you *are* weird about that, but it's your only flaw so... <3

I *did* try it a few years ago when all of the hubbub about it first surfaced.

Happened to have a bottle in the fridge (it's one of the ingredients for a fabulous flank steak marinade I make, but I digress) so I poured myself a bit and downed it. Thought I was gonna die. To me, it tasted like pure bile in a shot glass. :D

The good news is I was on the verge of puking for the next few hours, so likely lost weight because I skipped lunch. o:)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Good apple cider vinegar does taste nice to me, but I was brought up using a shot glass worth of it per individual chip. Taste-wise, I could definitely drink a small glassful. For UK readers, I recommend Aspalls apple cider vinegar.

Malt vinegar, as in the cheap stuff at the counter at your local chip shop, would be a hella no, though.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yikes... it blows my mind people think this kind of thing will actually give you results...
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It works for me.
    Makes me feel great.
    I wake up feeling great.

Especially when something tastes as nasty as ACV does. I call it the Mea Culpa Syndrome - people choke it down and then think, "Wow! I just did something good for my body!" Atonement for their previous (and usually current) dietary 'sins.'

Happened to have a bottle in the fridge (it's one of the ingredients for a fabulous flank steak marinade I make, but I digress) so I poured myself a bit and downed it. Thought I was gonna die. To me, it tasted like pure bile in a shot glass. :D

The good news is I was on the verge of puking for the next few hours, so likely lost weight because I skipped lunch. o:)

I need this recipe, please! @snickerscharlie

• snickerscharlie
    edited February 2019
    Options
    It works for me.
    Makes me feel great.
    I wake up feeling great.

Here you go:

1/3 cup olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup honey
    1/2 t freshly ground black pepper

The sweet and savory combination is yummy. I let it marinade at least 12 hours. :)

Edited to add: I use a roasted garlic olive oil, so I only use 1 clove of minced fresh garlic instead of 2.

You can also substitute red wine or balsamic vinegar for the ACV.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It works for me.
    Makes me feel great.
    I wake up feeling great.

Here you go:

1/3 cup olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup honey

The sweet and savory combination is yummy. I let it marinade at least 12 hours. :)

Edited to add: I use a roasted garlic olive oil, so I only use 1 clove of minced fresh garlic instead of 2.

Thank you. I normally make the Betty Crocker cookbook recipe with lemon juice, garlic and assorted herbs, but this sounds great. Yay, ACV!
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    It works for me.
    Makes me feel great.
    I wake up feeling great.

Here you go:

1/3 cup olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup honey

Thank you. I normally make the Betty Crocker cookbook recipe with lemon juice, garlic and assorted herbs, but this sounds great. Yay, ACV!

I had to use up the bottle I had somehow! :D