Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Okay...

So, I casually dated a college football player while I was in college, named Andy. (I was actually PISSED at my friend for giving him my number, I thought he was a **** at the bar when we met....thought the same during and after the dating)....turns out he ended up playing pro for a while....now longer does and was arrested earlier this year.

I've met Dan Marino (my FAV football player) while working at the Norfolk Int'l Airport. (Pic with him too). Got to take him and his son/son's best friend to a hotel, so we talked for a bit. Their plane had an issue and had to make an unscheduled stop. Best night at work EVER!

Met Richard Petty at the same job. That day I was doing car rentals, he was here for a meeting. I asked to see his DL, because it's standard procedure. His pilot was being ****ish about it, and Mr. Petty told him to go away, because I was doing my job. (Btw, he was wearing the glasses, but not the hat. NC wouldn't let him keep the hat on! Yes, I asked. LOL)

Also met Tiger Woods...he was a jerk. Um...John Travolta, who flies himself everywhere (and is rather nice to the ground crew. I fueled up his plane).

Plexico Burress went to high school and was very good friends with a LTR ex-bf. He (Plex) used to lay on the floor and play cars/trains with my son. Cutest **** ever.

Oh...met George W before he was president. Not the brightest crayon in the box. Not at all.

Worst of all was meeting Strom Thurmond. Horrible person. He literally asked for a male to give him the specs on the plane he was viewing because I was a female and wouldn't know anything about it. (I was a jet engine mechanic in the AF, and I can tell you what kind of plane is flying over by the sound of it's engines...yea, I kinda know a little bit about them).
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    When I lived around Dallas....Met quite a few Dallas Cowboys. Used to hang out at Cowboys Sports bar some which was owned at the time partially by Tony Dorsett. Met him, Emmit Smith....Sat next to Charles Haley and his wife at a movie once. After the movie he asked me if I knew who he was...I said I sure do Mr Haley. I guess he was impressed that I didn't bother him during the movie so, he got my mailing address and in two weeks I had a pair of Game tickets in the mailbox. Also on a cowboys note, never met Michael Irvin but, saw him several times sneaking into a Flight Attendants apartment in my apartment complex (yes, he was married..lol)

Also went to Matthew McConaughey's birthday party in 1998. My next door neighbors went to High School with him and invited me and my wife (at the time) He was actually kind of an odd guy to me. Talked a lot but, was just a bit spacey
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I met Adam Richman (Man vs Food) at the Renaissance Fair in Texas a few months ago. He was very quiet, and seemed irritated at all the attention he was getting.

Haha. Nice. I was at my cousin's wedding in Hawaii when the Man v Food show stopped by and asked if they could eat some food and film. We kept trying to get Adam to armwrestle us by telling him it was part of a local food custom. He didn't buy it. But he was still pretty nice. (though pretty focused on getting good footage) :)
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Met Alex Baldwin in church in East Hampton. I sat behind him. He's got a huge head. Literally; not figuratively. I couldn't see past him. I also saw him on the street a few days later. I'd say he was nice but very short with me.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I met John Cusack!

The movie Pushing Tin was filmed parts on my street (his house in the movie) and I live in the house across from the one they filmed in.

He came right up to my driveway and met my whole family! He was pretty nice, but his assistant or whoever she was kept shooing us off (on our own property...). So rude, but at least John Cusack was nice about it!

I also met the director, Mike Newell. He was actually the nicest one we met when they were filming. I was only 7 years old! (Don't mind the awkward 90s clothes!)

16h9t14.jpg

2ag97ie.jpg

154auxs.jpg

Once in a lifetime experience, thats for sure!

I am so insanely jealous! I have the hugest crush on him, I was only 2 when "Say Anything" came out but I've loved him since I did see it, I still swoon over the boom box scene, he was/is so adorable!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've met a decent number of people as I've been to so many concerts and sporting events... Memorable ones were Fred Durst and Martina McBride (both happened when I worked retail), an uncomfortable close encounter with Steven Tyler (I was pushed up against his legs as he was standing on a ramp at a concert and he was singing a foot from my face) but my fave has to be meeting Brooke Shields and her entire family at a restaurant... I was on a business trip and having dinner with colleagues while they were dining with family right next to us. I ended up playing with her daughter and chatting with everyone. She looked amazing - great people...
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I went to a very small boarding school with Paris Hilton. She obviously wasn't famous (infamous) at that point (we were 16/17 years old) but she was still just as awful as you would imagine. Luckily she didn't like the school and her parents pulled her out.

yeah, her dad definitely should have pulled out.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I met Kevin Hart, I said hey what up Kev...Kev said my Name is Kevin you MITCH.....True story
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I met Jay K from Jamiroquai @ Manumission in Ibiza, this was during my raver days mid 90's...:smokin: He was so gorgeous in real life with very sexy eyes :blushing: but what i remember most was that he was really short and i'm 5,3! he was obvs getting loads of attention but was really gracious with everyone - his massive bouncer wasnt though...
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I went to a very small boarding school with Paris Hilton. She obviously wasn't famous (infamous) at that point (we were 16/17 years old) but she was still just as awful as you would imagine. Luckily she didn't like the school and her parents pulled her out.

yeah, her dad definitely should have pulled out.
    Hahahaha love it !
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I met Jay K from Jamiroquai @ Manumission in Ibiza, this was during my raver days mid 90's...:smokin: He was so gorgeous in real life with very sexy eyes :blushing: but what i remember most was that he was really short and i'm 5,3! he was obvs getting loads of attention but was really gracious with everyone - his massive bouncer wasnt though...
    That man is sooooo sexy, women love him , men not so much
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i met damian, julian, and stephen marley once. they were super high. so was i. i have pictures, somewhere. this was like 10 or so years ago i think.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I met Martin Sheen when I was at a hotel for an interview. He was so nice! Everyone keep calling him Mr. President.

Edit: I forgot to mention that met Al Sharpton at a church once. I never realized how short he really is.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Met Jennifer Garner at a fundraiser for my local theater group she used to be a member of. She would have just gotten pregnant with her third kid at that point, she probably didn't even know at the time. Really sweet and pretty funny, too.

Also ran into Jon Stewart at Epcot once, but I didn't talk to him. I just smiled and nodded. He was carrying one of his kids on his shoulders.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to talk with him, but I went to a Straight No Chaser concert last winter, where I saw Nick Lachey.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The last celebrity I met was with my kid. We were at the theater to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid and met the 'wimpy kid', lol. He was soo nice and charming. Maybe because I'm a mom, I don't know, I just love those little movies. I thought it was going to be lame, but the kid really impressed me. I made my little girl dress up for him, haha. He's famous to us because we've seen those movies a zillion times. smh.

IMG_20120803_160457.jpg
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've met the really handsome wairwolf Alciede from trueblood. (I can't remember how to spell his name) He is soooo tall. I wanted to pick me up which I'm sure would be effortless for him. There is a pic of us together on my profile if anyone is interested. Ill be meeting the actress that plays Pam at the end of the month. So excited! !!!
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I met Shawn Michaels last year :heart:
    He was really sweet and when he handed me the photo he signed for me he said "here you go, my dear" :blushing:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I tried to speak with Glenn Danzig at a Tower Records event once back in the early 1990's. He founded a punk band called the Misfits but was know to most people fpr a minor hit he had in the 90's with his band Danzig called Mother. He is probably not really considered a celebrity but I've invested this much into the post so far, so I am going for it.

We had no idea he was going to be there when we went to buy Rusted Root's new cd. We were pretty normal short haired guys surrounding by many pasty black-clad goth types.

So, Glenn jumps off the tour bus and immediately disappears behind the crowd. On TV he appears big and brawny, but in person he was tiny. Cute, even. Like a toddler in a vampire costume. Google says he is 5'4" but I seriously doubt it. He had some gigantic platform shoes. 5'1" at best.\

I know who he is.. mawahahahaa The "toddler in a vampire costume" remark seriously got me laughing.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My family has this long-running unofficial game - the farther out you're connection with a famous person the more 'points' you get. So far I'm the winner - my colleague's daughter's ex-roommate's best friend's father is Jim Belushi.

I can sort of do that. A close friend of mine went to high school with someone who is good friends with Jeff Dunham.

I hope the Kevin Bacon thing doesn't start here. This thread will go on for decades. :wink: