Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Richard Speight Jr..from the t.v show Supernatural, I met them at a Supernatural Convention :) ....and that's it for now :)

I am so jealous!!! That is totally my favorite show right now and those guys.... :love:
  • Kalypso22
    Options
    Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Richard Speight Jr..from the t.v show Supernatural, I met them at a Supernatural Convention :) ....and that's it for now :)

I am so jealous!!! That is totally my favorite show right now and those guys.... :love:

Haha, That's my favourite show too, can't get enough of it :) They are all sweethearts, and as soon as I was within touching distance of Misha I started crying because I was so unbelievably happy, I even scored a hug from him, just thinking about it gives me chills lol
  • DiaryofaFitMommy
    Options
    I wish!
  • ronmonkey
    ronmonkey Posts: 316
    Options
    I met Curt Schilling in the off season at Chase Field back in 2003, 2 months later he was traded to Boston, I wasnt a happy camper.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes! I once had a long phone conversation with a young comic who was playing a local comedy club and got my number out of the phone book. He was looking for a high school buddy with the same unique last name.

I didn't know the guy he was looking for, but we chatted anyway, for about an hour. He was very nice and down to earth. This would have been back in the late eighties early nineties. He and I are the same age and his name is Kevin James, aka Paul Blart, Mall Cop.

SO. JEALOUS.
  • NKfanKelli
    Options
    I just met the New Kids On The Block for the first time last month. They're AMAZING people! Love them all!!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've met a fair amount of authors, but my favorite was Clive Barker. We had a lovely conversation on the use of handcuffs as a marital aid. Very sweet man.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I met Weird Al in a bar... he was awesome and let us braid his hair!!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Haha, That's my favourite show too, can't get enough of it :) They are all sweethearts, and as soon as I was within touching distance of Misha I started crying because I was so unbelievably happy, I even scored a hug from him, just thinking about it gives me chills lol

Oh boy... I am so jealous too!! 2 months and 1 day until the Season 9 premier!!!
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I met Hunter Hayes about 2 years ago (before he was well-known). He was having a small, free, concert in the city, and we saw him on the sidewalk where his tour bus was parked and went to see him. He's super down to earth and kind and we just chatted with him for a few minutes and it was wonderful.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I met Michael Ian Black. He was full of Awesomeness.

I also met the Kids in the Hall. They were cool.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I met Adam Richman (Man vs Food) at the Renaissance Fair in Texas a few months ago. He was very quiet, and seemed irritated at all the attention he was getting.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I met Telly Savalas at Universal Studios when I was a kid. He was really sweet and offered me a lollypop. I also met Lucille Ball on that trip, she was not so nice in person. Met Melissa Etheridge after her Christmas concert right before her first was born, she was absolutely amazing and friendly! Met K.D. Lang in April of the next year, she was very rude to everyone. Lived down the street from Alice Cooper growing up, he was always so cool and his mom is amazing! Met Kenny Rogers, really nice man but drives like a crazy person. Mr. **** Van *kitten* was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Oh, and when I was in 8th grade I got to talk to Elvis Presley on the phone. He was sweet and patient with my giggly self. My best friends mom knew him, she even had a Cadillac he bought her, it had a solid gold plate on the dashboard that said 'To Neva with love, Elvis'. So amazing to talk to him on the phone, that was the year he passed.
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I went to the same secondary school as Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) for two years. He was in sixth form when I was in 1st/2nd year. I sat next to him on the bus a few times when there was no other space (1st years don't sit next to sixth form haha). He was lovely and signed my copy of Order of the Phoenix for me.
    I also met Ben Swift (pro cyclist) and Kimberley Walsh at a SkyRide event, didn't get much chance to talk to them though.
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would love to meet him:)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have met 2 famous people.. Both in Yellowstone (I worked there 2 summers). I had no idea who either were when I was yapping away with them.

Both in 1996, First Scott Weiland, I had a ice cream cone with him while my friend Mike was working behind the counter freaking out. After he walked away Mike told me who it was. That was kind of cool.

Later in the summer I met P-nut bass player for 311. We talked about how he traveled a lot and picked up bags of garbage everywhere he went. That if he didn't have his "currant gig" he would be a garbage man for sure. We sat on the boardwalk and watched castle geyser erupt for hours. very cool.

in 1998 i Saw Ani DiFranco, she and I didn't speak but we exchanged a knowing look. I knew who she was and didn't want to be a fangirl.
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I met Ronald McDonald at a birthday party once. I was giddy (that could have been the half of a cake I ate though). He was a sweet guy. Made me a balloon giraffe.

Love it. And if you'd met Chuck E. Cheese too, I bet your head would have exploded! Good one.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've met five U.S. Supreme Court Justices. Not exactly celebrities to most people but they are in my world. Justices O'Connor and Sotomayor are awe-inspiring. They look like unassuming women and then they begin to talk, and you hang on their every word. They are such smart, accomplished women.

I am so jealous.

I've met Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. They both seem like nice, down to earth people.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Most all of them(bands ect...) were pretty cool. Except, Axel is a fugin azz hat ....

My mom used to be a black jack dealer in Vegas and had to deal for him.
    She said he was so drunk he could hardly stay on his chair, he was greasy as all get out and she could smell him from across the table. haha
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I used to work for a luxury yacht manufacturer and they built a boat for Jimmy Dean (of breakfast sausage fame ... he also had a one hit wonder country song, "Big Bad John" which is what he named his boat.) He was very friendly.