Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My mom met Billy Burke (Bella's Dad from Twilight) and he gave me an autograph that said "Hey Robyn! You're mom is freaking awesome"

and I have met Travie McCoy. I was at a concert with my friends and he came into the front row sang right to us and made hearts at my group the entire time. He was a total sweetie.
  • romanticRECK
    Options
    I grew up with Michael and Maurkice Pouncy :)
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.

I've heard he's a pretty big douche. And very full of himself.
    I hope your friend let him have it.

What an A-HOLE! Who hits any dog across the face let alone the sweetest dogs on the planet... Greyhounds? I would have had to do something and probably end up in jail but I wouldn't care... SCHMUCK!
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My mom met Pierce Brosnan in a Harris Teeter when I was a baby. She said he was super funny and cool. (esp. cause my mom was 600 pounds, he must have been kind in order to not act like she was weird because not many people are nice to severely obese people.)
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I have met Eddie Money and Mr. Las Vegas himself, Wayne Newton. I think I have a pic somewhere... They were both very pleasant.
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went to a really fancy wedding this summer where the daughter was an heiress to some billionaire- he's not super famous, but he knew a lot of famous people. Like, Colbie Caillat played a song as a favor to him and the couple at the reception. One of the Olsen twins was there, I couldn't tell which, and Tobey Maguire. I didn't talk to the Olsen, but Maguire seemed nice. He was a lot shorter than I thought he would be... There were a lot of famous people, but I'm kinda out of the pop-culture loop and didn't know them.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Bob Denver aka Gilligan.
    Randy "Machoman" Savage and Andre the Giant of wrestling fame.
    All wonderfully nice men, the last two big cuddly teddy bears.

The rest were brief encounters and nothing negative to them.
    Vince Price
    David McCallum
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Jud Nelson (right at the release of the Breakfast Club)
    Robert Stigwood
    Tristan Rogers

Probably others I can't think of
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    A few.

In my younger days, I worked Pro-Bowl security. I met a number of the players including Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Troy Polamalu, etc.. Peyton and Troy were especially nice. At one of the practices, Peyton asked if I wanted a drink (pretty hot in Hawaii) and threw me a bottle of water. Troy held the door open for me as I was carrying some gear into one of the hotels. Nice guys. Ray was cool too. He gave me a pair of gloves to give to my brother.

Helped organize a fundraiser for Mitt Romney. Super nice guy/family. He sent me a letter of congratulations when I finished law school.

Ran into Nicholas Cage at a motorcycle parts shop in Hawaii. We talked bikes briefly before he left. Cool dude.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Quite a few actually...mostly bands

David Draimen (Disturbed)
    Coby D!ck (Papa Roach)
    All the guys from linkin park several times
    Guys from Slipknot
    Jimmy Buffet
    Tim McGraw
    Jason Aldean
    Luke Bryan

Actors from The Walking Dead

Norman Reedus
    Andrew Lincoln
    Stephen Yuen
    Melissa McBride
    Daniel Thomas May

So far I have not met one that wasn't nice.

How did you meet Jimmy Buffet? My dad loves him!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lots. Most of them were nice, and I am not going to tell any stories except to say that Meg Ryan is horrible.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I met John Cusack!

The movie Pushing Tin was filmed parts on my street (his house in the movie) and I live in the house across from the one they filmed in.

He came right up to my driveway and met my whole family! He was pretty nice, but his assistant or whoever she was kept shooing us off (on our own property...). So rude, but at least John Cusack was nice about it!

I also met the director, Mike Newell. He was actually the nicest one we met when they were filming. I was only 7 years old! (Don't mind the awkward 90s clothes!)

16h9t14.jpg

2ag97ie.jpg

154auxs.jpg

Once in a lifetime experience, thats for sure!

OMG

I am so jealous!

I seroiusy :heart: john Cusack!

As weird as it sounds, he was my first celebrity crush! LOL I used to love the movie Better Off Dead, and him in it. He will always be my favorite actor, well right after Timothy Olyphant. If I ever met either ofthem, I would freak out!! LMAO
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Got to meet and speak with Crispin Glover twice. If you're a fan, you have to go see his shows if he comes near you, he's so friendly and nice and intelligent... I wanna marry him. *faints*
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.

I've heard he's a pretty big douche. And very full of himself.
    I hope your friend let him have it.

What an A-HOLE! Who hits any dog across the face let alone the sweetest dogs on the planet... Greyhounds? I would have had to do something and probably end up in jail but I wouldn't care... SCHMUCK!

I can only assume that he was protecting his dog from the big scary Greyhound, but obviously it was a total overreaction. And a high level of douchebaggery as well.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have met many famous people.
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bret Michaels - he was so humble and genuine - he was really nice :)
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Dustin Hoffman; he was a total *kitten*
    Billy Idol; he was nice enough but not real friendly
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I met Bo Diddley when I was around 10 years old. He played guitar and sang for my mom and I. Down to earth doesn't even begin to describe that man!! I'll never, ever forget that.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    In 1997 my DH and I were in a parade in Tulsa. We saw Gary Busey (who graduated from the same high school we went to) and went over to say hi. He was a total ****.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I met John Cusack!

The movie Pushing Tin was filmed parts on my street (his house in the movie) and I live in the house across from the one they filmed in.

He came right up to my driveway and met my whole family! He was pretty nice, but his assistant or whoever she was kept shooing us off (on our own property...). So rude, but at least John Cusack was nice about it!

I also met the director, Mike Newell. He was actually the nicest one we met when they were filming. I was only 7 years old! (Don't mind the awkward 90s clothes!)
    John Cusack and his sister seem like they would be a nice people but you never can tell. I like his movies

16h9t14.jpg

2ag97ie.jpg

154auxs.jpg

Once in a lifetime experience, thats for sure!

OMG

I am so jealous!

I seroiusy :heart: john Cusack!

As weird as it sounds, he was my first celebrity crush! LOL I used to love the movie Better Off Dead, and him in it. He will always be my favorite actor, well right after Timothy Olyphant. If I ever met either ofthem, I would freak out!! LMAO
  • smartseagull
    Options
    Sara Bareilles: super nice. Bumped into her at a local restaurant and talked for a bit.

Also, kissed the drummer from Of Monsters and Men.