Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I went to Haiti with a Mexican Rescue team and a Emergency Relief group within two days after the quake. During the first week I met Sean Penn. I did not think much of him due to some of the gossip I had heard. I also thought that he, just like most other stars blew on the island for a few hours, had a photo-op, would make lots of promises to then disappear.
    I could not have been more wrong ! He was hands-on, dedicated, well informed, hard working and committed to his cause and he still is now years later...one of less then a handful of famous people who made those promises and kept them, when the people in Haiti really needed help. Needles to say, I completely changed my opinion about him.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love reading these!

I met Peyton Manning in high school, though I didn't know who he was. I lived in Knoxville and it was when he was at UT. I worked at the mall at a pizza place and he ordered food from me. He was very nice. He had a lot of people with him and a bunch following him around and I was wondering what was going on--when he walked away my manager said, don't you know who that was??? Lol

This summer I met Harry Connick Jr., whom I LOVE. His concert was over 2 hours of AMAZING-ness. I was so pumped we got to meet him afterward! He looked so tired (but still handsome lol) and I can only imagine--his concert was super high energy. He was so very sweet. He seemed to genuinely appreciate my compliments on his amazing concert and thought it was very cool that my husband and I were music teachers. It was so nice of him to come out and meet a big line of fans after such a long show. He said my name and I had a bit of a teeny-bopper moment heehee, love love love his voice!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I met Bill Clinton and Ted Danson at the same event. Bill Clinton was understandably preoccupied (though very friendly) but Ted Danson was sweet and engaging.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    John Lithgow at Disneyland, my daughter thought he was the Dad in Harry and the Hendersons and asked him where his 'real' family was.

Michael Landon and his family at Disneyland, we rode in the front of the monorail together, than he invited us to an after hours private party in the park!! SO much fun!

Amy Grant, got to sing with her once.

Demi Lovato, what a beautiful young woman.

Blink 182, when my daughter worked at Tower Records.

Peter Graves, but you have to be old like me to know who he is.

Jennifer Love Hewitt, when I took care of her Grandmother in the hospital. Just as beautiful in person as she is on television.

I know there are more, just can't think of them right now.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

do you know who his brother was? his brother was also a famous actor.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    It was winter of 1975. I was walking out of the Wadsworth Athaneum in Hartford Connecticut after a showing of the french film Cousin, Cousine. My roomie in college was a foreign film buff. When I turned and looked behind me. And about 5 paces behind me was Angela Lansbury. I had just seen her in Gypsy the summer before that. Obviously this was years before Murder She Wrote but long after she was a Broadway Star, long after the Manchurian Candidate and other Hollywood hits. So I stopped and asked for her autograph and talked about Gypsy for a couple of minutes. She was as warm and gracious and considerate as you could possibly imagine. I still have that autograph -- on the program they gave out for Cousin, Cousine. A truly wonderful lady. And a brilliant actress.
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Now my partner has worked with quite a few. Miss Piggy. Kermit. Bert and Ernie. Big Bird. Yup, he used to work for Jim Henson.

And he used to wait on tables at a coffee house in college when a young singer was making the rounds of coffee houses in her home town of Richmond: Pat Benatar.

But there was one he met that caused a regret to this day he couldn't have accepted the offer. When he was younger he was offered the chance to design the costumes for a tour of a relatively new and unknown rock group on their first big tour. He got to meet them. But he had other obligations and had to decline. Little did he know how big Freddie Mercury and Queen would become.
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My sons are friends with a boy at school who's dad is the bass guitarist for a well known Aussie band and he is a top guy. My two high school friends (twin girls) were teen models and they both turned out to be a pair of yuppy *****es.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've known Sidney Crosby since he was about 13...we went to school together and he still trains with my brother when he comes home during the summer :) Nice kid, was always pretty quiet (especially for an athlete!).
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I met Ronald McDonald at a birthday party once. I was giddy (that could have been the half of a cake I ate though). He was a sweet guy. Made me a balloon giraffe.

LOL
  • leebesstoad
    Options

do you know who his brother was? his brother was also a famous actor.

Peter Graves was, of course, Mr. Phelps, on Mission Impossible.

And his brother was even more famous. James Arness of Gunsmoke.
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    I met myself and I'm a fukin beast
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Met John Denver when I was 13 and we became friends; through him I met Harry Chapin and Jimmy Buffett; I spoke with John 5 hours before he died in his new plane :( I miss him so to this day.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Roy Schieder (from Jaws) and when I was a waitress and also Felicia from general hospital (can't remember the actress's name)
    and Renee zellweger when I worked in a gift shop. All were very nice.

also had a couple of almost mets: Chuck Norris walked by me once and I didn't stop him because that would have been rude. Also I went to a coffee shop one time. It was empty inside and the man who waited on seemed very jittery. Finally he said "you LITERALLY just missed Ben affleck...like he was JUST here!." so I guess I'm good at almost meeting people.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    In 1997 my DH and I were in a parade in Tulsa. We saw Gary Busey (who graduated from the same high school we went to) and went over to say hi. He was a total ****.

In all fairness the man is batsh!t crazy. Maybe he thought you were a figment of his imagination and not even real.

I've never met anyone famous but I'm jelly of those who met Norman Reedus, Bruce Campbell and Kyle Gass...
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A long time ago when the Chicago Bulls were in town I was behind Dennis Rodman (and a couple of guys who I assume were his "entourage") at an espresso stand. He got his drink and walked away without paying for it.

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.

I would have slapped him back! That's upsetting.

That's when you scream "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!"

.and then kick him
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Chloë Agnew and Lynn Hillary of Celtic Woman - both were very sweet, friendly and funny, but, Chloë was an absolute doll!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    All musicians:
    Volbeat

All were nice!

Cool. I've got tickets to see Volbeat next month. Hope I can meet em. :smile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    I worked at the Arizona Biltmore and met quite a few. They were mostly cool with a few that were kinda pretencious.

Details!!!! :bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    My mom met Billy Burke (Bella's Dad from Twilight) and he gave me an autograph that said "Hey Robyn! You're mom is freaking awesome"

A couple friends of mine have douche stories about him. Which makes me sad. I like his performances.