Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options
debbash68
debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
Hi, I met Ewan McGregor once, before he was really all that famous, just as trainspotting was coming out. He was gorgeous, smiley and really friendly, just wondering if anyone else has met anyone because I'm very nosey and would like to hear about it!

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Met a lot. I worked for one. The one I worked for was really nice. I thought he was a D-Bag before I met him. lol
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've met many famous people. Met Ryan Seacrest just this past weekend at American Idol auditions lol
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I've met Ido Drent (Famous in New Zealand), and Julie McNiven :)
    Both of them were really nice and I got photos n.n
  • tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I worked as a photographer and had t take pictures of Frank Rijkaard, a famous soccerplayer. He was a nice guy, very professional.

The strange thing: because he was as old as I am, I had the feeling I knew him personally. I knew how he talked, laughed, walked, and his expressions on his face. This was because from the moment his carreer started, he was on tv. He played in the Dutch soccerteam, so he was a lot on tv.

I knew him, but he didn't know me. The temptation to talk on a familiar way to him, was really big.

I talked with him about that feeling, and he said that strange people treated hem with big enthousiasm, like he was an old friend.
    Sometimes he got tired of it, most of the times he could handle the screaming people, when he walked on the street.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Quite a few times, the best one was Dwayne Johnson, very personable and down to earth.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I've met a few famous South African celebrities and they were all very down to earth and friendly!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Several. They were surprisingly like people.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Quite a few actually...mostly bands

David Draimen (Disturbed)
    Coby D!ck (Papa Roach)
    All the guys from linkin park several times
    Guys from Slipknot
    Jimmy Buffet
    Tim McGraw
    Jason Aldean
    Luke Bryan

Actors from The Walking Dead

Norman Reedus
    Andrew Lincoln
    Stephen Yuen
    Melissa McBride
    Daniel Thomas May

So far I have not met one that wasn't nice.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Met a lot while working at a restaurant in Atlanta

Xzibit- you are a piece of crap. Thanks for 10% on $150 because I wouldn't cut up your son's steak

Favs--
    Chris Tucker- awesome thanks for 150% tip
    8-ball- you are awesome, love your music
    lil jon- keep blazing
    Jazze Pha- always a joy. He had on a sweater that said HNIC the first time I met him and I asked if that means what I think it means and he said "ya, playa." I waited on him almost every time he came in after that
    Hank Aaron- thanks for the autograph
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    A long time ago when the Chicago Bulls were in town I was behind Dennis Rodman (and a couple of guys who I assume were his "entourage") at an espresso stand. He got his drink and walked away without paying for it.

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was almost hit by DragonForce riding a golf cart at the first Mayhem Festival
    I asked for the I.D. of a member of Cheap Trick (without realizing who it was) when I was working security at a concert.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I met MC Hammer at a Wendy's in Pittsburgh. He bought everyone a burger.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I met Joe Torre when he was manager of the Yankees in a cigar shop one morning in Toronto. The man could not have been nicer. Talked to us for a few minutes just a nice guy. Also met Bernie Williams that night on the street outside of our Hotel - same thing - could not have been nicer stood there and talked to us for a few minutes very friendly.
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Donnie Whalberg, He is so kind and humble. He loves to interact with the fans.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Met a lot while working at a restaurant in Atlanta

Xzibit- you are a piece of crap. Thanks for 10% on $150 because I wouldn't cut up your son's steak

Favs--
    Chris Tucker- awesome thanks for 150% tip
    8-ball- you are awesome, love your music
    lil jon- keep blazing
    Jazze Pha- always a joy. He had on a sweater that said HNIC the first time I met him and I asked if that means what I think it means and he said "ya, playa." I waited on him almost every time he came in after that
    Hank Aaron- thanks for the autograph

Oh how I miss Atlanta! I met Jazze Pha too before he was famous.
    I also met Ludacris when he was "Cris Lova Lova" as a radio DJ, and again years later at a college concert. When he was a radio DJ, he cussed out my best friend for playing on the phone, but he was nice to me.
    I met Ciara when she first came out with "Goodies". She performed it at my high school, and gave our cheerleading team a visit. She was a sweet person.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Kinda, when I was a teenager I worked for a AAA baseball team. Met lots of guys who went on to successful careers and some guy sent down for Rehab. Daryl Strawberry & Doc Gooden played rehab games and were nice fellows. Met Jeter who signed a 1/2 dozen cards for me then and was really cool as well. Manny Ramierez was nice but he could hardly speak english at least at that time. Also met some future major leagues who were *kitten* as well.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    David Foster -Singer/Song writer
    Nathan Morris -Singer
    Sonny Turner -Singer
    Rafael Bittencourt -Guitarist
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ive met alot from the spanish networks, i dont even know their real names just there characters from the novelas lol
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    A long time ago when the Chicago Bulls were in town I was behind Dennis Rodman (and a couple of guys who I assume were his "entourage") at an espresso stand. He got his drink and walked away without paying for it.

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.

I would have slapped him back! That's upsetting.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Yes! I once had a long phone conversation with a young comic who was playing a local comedy club and got my number out of the phone book. He was looking for a high school buddy with the same unique last name.

I didn't know the guy he was looking for, but we chatted anyway, for about an hour. He was very nice and down to earth. This would have been back in the late eighties early nineties. He and I are the same age and his name is Kevin James, aka Paul Blart, Mall Cop.