Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Bob Denver aka Gilligan.
    Randy "Machoman" Savage and Andre the Giant of wrestling fame.
    All wonderfully nice men, the last two big cuddly teddy bears.

The rest were brief encounters and nothing negative to them.
    Vince Price
    David McCallum
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Jud Nelson (right at the release of the Breakfast Club)
    Robert Stigwood
    Tristan Rogers

Probably others I can't think of

I envy the Bob Denver and Vincent Price meetings. Both gone now! :sad:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

But there was one he met that caused a regret to this day he couldn't have accepted the offer. When he was younger he was offered the chance to design the costumes for a tour of a relatively new and unknown rock group on their first big tour. He got to meet them. But he had other obligations and had to decline. Little did he know how big Freddie Mercury and Queen would become.

OMG! :love:

I love reading everyone's stories!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    The very nicest was Chubby Checker.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have met numerous "celebrities". One friend I will mention because he is kind of related to the subject of this forum. Subway Jared is a friend of mine. He is a super great guy and we have had some memorable moments in the past. He really thinks we look like brothers. I am kind of holding off on seeing him until I lose some more weight. It will be interesting to see his reaction.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    - Michael Cera he was nice and awkward and took a group picture.
    - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were super nice. I met them while working a show they were headlining and they were so down to earth they even ate in the employee lunchroom, we usually take the singers their food and they stay in their trailer until its time to go to the stage, but they were so cool and they weren't bothered when asked to take pictures even though they were eating lunch.
    I have met others but these were my favorite encounters.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is semi-famous. He's on reality tv anyway. His show "Black Gold" airs on TruTV... Well, did... but my brother has met & jammed with tons of famous musicians & Rob Zombie was trying 2 purchase my brother's door (from the chainsaw massacre house) but he's a cheap *kitten*!!!
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

This is not one I witnessed, but a friend of mine was walking her dog (a Greyhound) and Gerard Butler was walking his dog...they passed in the street and her dog went over for a friendly sniff of his dog as they like to do, and he SLAPPED her dog HARD right across the face, said some choice cuss words and just walked away. I've never been able to look at him the same.

This is such a weird story I used to like him too :sad:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes a couple of Australian singers. Michael Hutchence twice but very breifly, he was nice and another called James Reyne from Australian Crawl. I ripped up his autograph, stuck up thing.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was a singer/songwriter so got to know quite a few singers/musicians. No stories.

Adam Ant
    Michael Jackson
    The Cars
    Sheena Easton
    Prince
    ELO
    Donna Summer
    Bruce Springsteen
    Elton John
    Chaka Kahn
    Bob Segar
    Steve Perry
    Billy Idol
    The Ramones
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ironed glen campbells trousers, also met paul daniels, and debbie mcgee..such cool people, met kenny rogers, brielfy, and went to brian conley's wedding....all those years ago...must say, met bradley walsh was there, soooo funny..love his comedy....
    um joe pasquale, leslie grantham, gloria hunniford, mike read,...bruce welsh(the shadows)...
    wasnt i the gad about!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I tried to speak with Glenn Danzig at a Tower Records event once back in the early 1990's. He founded a punk band called the Misfits but was know to most people fpr a minor hit he had in the 90's with his band Danzig called Mother. He is probably not really considered a celebrity but I've invested this much into the post so far, so I am going for it.

We had no idea he was going to be there when we went to buy Rusted Root's new cd. We were pretty normal short haired guys surrounding by many pasty black-clad goth types.

So, Glenn jumps off the tour bus and immediately disappears behind the crowd. On TV he appears big and brawny, but in person he was tiny. Cute, even. Like a toddler in a vampire costume. Google says he is 5'4" but I seriously doubt it. He had some gigantic platform shoes. 5'1" at best.

He made his way toward the store right past us and I shoved out my hand and say "Dude!" He gave me an EXTRA evil look and stared me down as he passed. I suspect he was great to his fans but I apparently was a bit too square.

As not to strike too much fear into everyone, here is a picture of him doing more mundane things like buying cat litter. I presume it is to soak up blood and sweat when the Ouija seance takes an unfortunate turn.

Glenn+Danzig+Glenn+Danzig+Albuquerque+iL7icLiYogcl.jpg
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I also met Two Foot Fred of Big and Rich fame. He had a bar in Seymour, Indiana called the Funky Monkey. Nice guy.
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nope, never met a famous person.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Yes, Stephen Colbert was my favorite. He was adorably funny, as seen on TV.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My family has this long-running unofficial game - the farther out you're connection with a famous person the more 'points' you get. So far I'm the winner - my colleague's daughter's ex-roommate's best friend's father is Jim Belushi.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I have met most of the 80's hair and metal bands back in the day. Got to party with Scatterbrain and Ugly Kidd Joe twice. Partied with Dime once in Philly .....got to meet and hang with Metallica once. Most all of them(bands ect...) were pretty cool. Except, Axel is a fugin azz hat ..... Was into the whole band scene back then, all my friends were in bands, ect... I built a couple guitars for a few guitarists, ect ... did the whole Limelight, Hammer Jacks, Bonnies Roxx, The Galaxy, ect ... It was a very good time ....
  • TStevens78405
    Options
    My family rented the villa of Steve Harris every year for 13 years. He's the bassist of Iron Maiden, and he owned two villas at the top of a hill in portugal. Every year, when we rented the main villa (which he actually lived in), he would move out of it for two weeks and down the road into the smaller one! One year he came up the road to finally meet us as we'd rented his house so many times and i ended up playing tennis with him as he had his own court! SUCH a nice, friendly and down to earth guy. Would never imagine such a crazy rock star would be so nice! :)
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've met a few and all were really nice...Blake Shelton, Liza Minelli, Betsy Johnson, Collin Powell, many Presidents, Finola Hughes, Howard Stern's wife, one of Billy Joel's ex-wife, Stacy London, Justin Timberlake, and Billy Bush.