Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I also saw Daunte Culpepper, also of said Vikings, in the airport in Mpls. He was a very BIG presence in the corridor, and dressed in a snazzy white suit, lots of bling.

I met Daunte also at a Cub foods in St. Louis Park, MN. I was behind him in line to use the customer service counter and he was using western union to send money to his adopted mom.

I have also met Prince at an after party at Paisley Park, tiny tiny guy and very quiet.
    I just missed meeting Michael Jordan last weekend at a club in Charlotte, my friends meet him but I had decided to stay home that night.
    I have meet most the guys on the Nascar Cup circuit as I gave out an award to Marcos Ambros before a race in MI.
    I haven't met him but my friend has served Cam Newton mulitple times and says he is one of the biggest a-holes to servers.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Johnny. Lee Miller and he gave me a kiss on the cheek and I nearly died!! He was staying in a hotel I worked in and was drinking at the bar and I spilled a vodka over his leg and tried to clean him without looking up then I noticed who it was and I just stood there gawkingat him like a total loser he laughed , kissed me on the cheek and told me to have a good day and left a £20 tip for me lol
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Ron Jeremy.

He is a nasty, disgusting, little troll.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    oh and i forgot i met drew brees back in feb at Pf changs in san diego. :)
  • Dark_Knight7096
    Dark_Knight7096 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Several
    Eli Manning - I regret meeting him, he's either a complete jerk, was drunk, or was incredibly tired when i met him.

Michael Biehn - really nice guy, very personable, very gracious

Norman Reedus - incredibly friendly, very gracious, went out of his way to do things for kids that were fans

Sean Patrick Flannery - super nice, BSed with him about fitness for about 5 minutes

Adam Baldwin - Very friendly, super smiley, seemed very appreciative of his fans, BSed with him about cigars for about 30 minutes

Dan Akroyd - very funny guy, didn't have much experience with him, but found out it was my wife's birthday, stopped what he was doing and posed for a picture with her

Chevy Chase - seemed very angry that people recognized him, didn't talk to anyone, and just walked away (in all fairness though my wife was acting kinda ridiculous around him)

probably a bunch more that i can't remember right now
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Met many of them in my life. Worked for several years as a bodyguard/chauffeer.

But the one interesting one was in 1973. Was hitchhiking and got picked up by Jackie Coogan. Drove me all the way from the Palm Desert to Burbank. Very nice person.

I know that most of you don't know who that is. Google him.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Several
    Eli Manning - I regret meeting him, he's either a complete jerk, was drunk, or was incredibly tired when i met him.

Norman Reedus - incredibly friendly, very gracious, went out of his way to do things for kids that were fans

Sean Patrick Flannery - super nice, BSed with him about fitness for about 5 minutes

Adam Baldwin - Very friendly, super smiley, seemed very appreciative of his fans, BSed with him about cigars for about 30 minutes

Dan Akroyd - very funny guy, didn't have much experience with him, but found out it was my wife's birthday, stopped what he was doing and posed for a picture with her

Chevy Chase - seemed very angry that people recognized him, didn't talk to anyone, and just walked away (in all fairness though my wife was acting kinda ridiculous around him)

Us in San Diego believe you when you say Eli is a dcik!
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I dated Kris Koloff :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI796Evt78w
  • Dark_Knight7096
    Dark_Knight7096 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Several

Us in San Diego believe you when you say Eli is a dcik!

It's worse for me because I'm a HUGE Giants fan, ever since I was a kid. I've met quite a few players and he was just so blah. Made me a little angry. Especially cause it was at an autograph signing, and I just handed him $500 to sign a jersey and a ball that I already owned...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Terence Mckenna-The guy was like a trippy stick insect alien.

HELL YES!!!