JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 68

Options

Replies

• SarahG626
    SarahG626 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @FarmerCarla I have totally fallen in love with them. Aldi sells a package that you can just throw in the microwave and steam them. I split the whole bag by 3 or 4 and serve them up with either my steak or pork chops. Drizzle some blue cheese dressing on them. OMG YUMMY!
  • SarahG626
    Options
    @FarmerCarla Are your Red Hat Ladies part of the bigger Red Hat Society that I've read about or are you just a group of long-time friends who get together? I looked up the Red Hat Society website and it's the real deal. Never knew that. Also, I totally hear you about the running thing. I was NEVER able to run when I was heavier. Then when I started trying C25K, my left knee got REALLY painful. Unfortunately, all my years of being over 300 lbs had finally caught up with me and I've got some pretty bad osteoarthritis in BOTH knees. (Twisted my right knee in a freak horse "accident" a couple years ago. Haven't been the same since.) I am almost AFRAID to try to ever run again. :(:(
  • SarahG626
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham - what series did you start? I am addicted to reading (or listening to) mysteries. I am currently in the middle of "Triptych" by Karin Slaughter (Will Trent series) but I love any mystery series with cats involved (Mrs Murphy by Rita Mae Brown started it all). I'm alternating listening to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and James Patterson's Private series. (I am in my car A LOT.) lol
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SarahG626 wrote: »
    @FarmerCarla Are your Red Hat Ladies part of the bigger Red Hat Society that I've read about or are you just a group of long-time friends who get together? I looked up the Red Hat Society website and it's the real deal. Never knew that. Also, I totally hear you about the running thing. I was NEVER able to run when I was heavier. Then when I started trying C25K, my left knee got REALLY painful. Unfortunately, all my years of being over 300 lbs had finally caught up with me and I've got some pretty bad osteoarthritis in BOTH knees. (Twisted my right knee in a freak horse "accident" a couple years ago. Haven't been the same since.) I am almost AFRAID to try to ever run again. :(:(

I joined the local Red Hat group a few months ago, and it's a chartered group. It's strictly social and for fun. Most of us are also members of charity groups, but Red Hat get-togethers are relaxing.
    There are plenty of good exercises besides running, it's just something I enjoyed, and I'd like to run again. The last time I started running, just before I turned 60, was 6 months after I tore a tendon and fractured a bone in my knee from a fall. I did rehab and strengthening exercises for my knees before I started running again. I stopped running when I tore a tendon in my ankle in a fall while working in the yard, and I became too busy with other activities to rehab and exercise regularly. I just read an interesting article recommended by @eminater which, basically, recommends old ladies not run more than 1.5 miles. I may take that advice and just incorporate the shorter runs into my walks.

@eminater Thank you for the running article. It's interesting. I still want to run, but I may rethink the long-distance running.
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    jemtred wrote: »
    @puttyputty Thanks for the inspiration.. That is a huge number of push ups! I started and managed 11! And 35 squats. But the sit ups defeated me.

@puttyputty got me started on those challenges, too. I'm struggling with the pushups, haven't started the squats yet, but sit-ups (and they only want crunches) have always been easier for me. I love these challenges, and I'm getting better!