3 Day No-Sugar Challenge

Options

Replies

• Stormtrooper101
    Stormtrooper101 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Going for 8 days.

3/24❌ pumpkin bread (155.2)
    3/25✅Perfect food day, finally—not just sugar. Hunger gone again! What I eat does affect my hunger!
    3/26✅Finally, I’m on a roll again! Banana bread (153.6)
    3/27✅It’s working! Muffin (152.6)
    3/28✅pleased/relieved. Day by day.
    3/29 ❌ had 1/2?dessert, but gonna get right back on track tomorrow- time to learn how to do that!
    3/30✅perfect day. Major accomplishment after 3/29!
    3/31✅ great day! Even with a food event - no sugar
    4/1✅ Perfect
    4/2❌ banana bread, vanilla yogurt, noodle dish (ate out)
    4/3 ❌a WHOLE dessert AND 1/2 dessert
    4/4❌ banana bread, vanilla yogurt, 2 cookies (brought by friend)

Starting over!
    4/5 ❌dessert
    4/6✅ getting back on track
    4/7✅perfect
    4/8 ❌ 2 tartlets, 1/2 slice sweet bread, 3 cookies. Compensated to hit deficit.

The Plan:
    Up to 1 oz dark choc at meals only.
    Up to 53g Kashi Flax cereal
    Up to one sweet pastry per day if weight is under 155.
    Do not eat out until you weigh 153 again.
    If hunger continues to be a problem, cut pastry. Then cereal....

Note to self:
    Even a little can seem fine, but repeatedly you’ve found it mushrooms until you’re eating out & the scale keeps climbing. Admit it to yourself. NO SUGAR. Go. Back to your prior way of eating. You were never hungry & you never had this fear of regaining & negating all of your hard work
    Keep pushing! You’re 2 and 2, which is really good! Just keep reminding yourself, not sugar! I find that chewing gum really helps when the cravings come out. Do you have any tricks for when the same happens to you?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Started the week long yesterday, already messed up, but that’s okay. I just got hit with late night cravings and things took over from there, and this showed me that I have to be more mentally strong.

4/8: ❌ 4 oreos and 4 chips ahoy cookies

You’ve got this, @Stormtrooper101
    Never Give Up!
    I eat a little unsalted nuts, berries, nonfat Greek yogurt when & if late night hits, but I find big breakfasts curb those cravings for me (along with 60-90 mins of walking/hiking around 5 pm) for me. And water, decaf tea, decaf coffee.
  • monicareyesdaanoy
    monicareyesdaanoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yakitti wrote: »
    Just eat normal food first don't let yourself to get hungry then it's going to be easy folks <3 I'm on ketodiet since 2 weeks and
    also not eating sweets since feb 1st. Im also sweets addict im trying to get through addiction. I couldnt imagine 1 day without sweets but i made it so you can ! Xoxo

Wow! I hope I can do the same.
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    So I haven’t been doing well during this round, so I’m going to completely start over the 7 days. Starting today!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    So I haven’t been doing well during this round, so I’m going to completely start over the 7 days. Starting today!

@Stormtrooper101
    Go for it!!! We’re never giving up!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Going for 8 days.

3/24❌ pumpkin bread (155.2)
    3/25✅Perfect food day, finally—not just sugar. Hunger gone again! What I eat does affect my hunger!
    3/26✅Finally, I’m on a roll again! Banana bread (153.6)
    3/27✅It’s working! Muffin (152.6)
    3/28✅pleased/relieved. Day by day.
    3/29 ❌ had 1/2?dessert, but gonna get right back on track tomorrow- time to learn how to do that!
    3/30✅perfect day. Major accomplishment after 3/29!
    3/31✅ great day! Even with a food event - no sugar
    4/1✅ Perfect
    4/2❌ banana bread, vanilla yogurt, noodle dish (ate out)
    4/3 ❌a WHOLE dessert AND 1/2 dessert
    4/4❌ banana bread, vanilla yogurt, 2 cookies (brought by friend)

Starting over!
    4/5 ❌dessert
    4/6✅ getting back on track
    4/7✅perfect
    4/8 ❌ 2 tartlets, 1/2 slice sweet bread, 3 cookies. Compensated to hit deficit.

Apparently, I started over again! LOL
    4/9 ✅✅ no sugar, no restaurant meals
    4/10 ✅✅ no sugar, no restaurant meals

The Plan:
    Up to 1 oz dark choc at meals only.
    Up to 53g Kashi Flax cereal

Note to self:
    Even a little can seem fine, but repeatedly you’ve found it mushrooms until you’re eating out & the scale keeps climbing. Admit it to yourself. NO SUGAR. Go. Back to your prior way of eating. You were never hungry & you never had this fear of regaining & negating all of your hard work

Keep pushing! You’re 2 and 2, which is really good! Just keep reminding yourself, not sugar! I find that chewing gum really helps when the cravings come out. Do you have any tricks for when the same happens to you?

@Stormtrooper101 Thank you for your support!
    My tricks:
    Distraction
    Reminding myself it has no nutritional value
    Water Tea tea Decaf Coffee water ++
    Exercise
    Protein
    Not letting myself get too hungry
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Currently at about 1.5 days.
  • hixa30
    Options
    3 days achieved. I'll carry on.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited April 2019
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    3 days achieved. I'll carry on.

Terrific @hixa30 ! How do you feel?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ✅4/9 79g sugars. Largest: 21g Fuji Apple. 1/2 oz 82% dark choc, 53 g Kashi flax cereal

✅4/10 91g sugars. Largest: 21g Fuji Apple 1/2 oz dark choc. 1 packet sugar, 1/2 oz choc, 39g Kashi flax

✅4/11 94g sugars. Largest: 32g carrot cake 1/2 oz dark choc. Sweetened whipped cream

✅4/12 80g sugars Largest: 32g carrot cake 1/2 oz dark choc. Sweetened whipped cream

✅4/13 86g sugars Largest: 22g Fuji Apple, slice carrot bread, 1/2 oz dark choc

✅4/14 79 g, Largest: 21 g Fuji Apple, cheesecake slice, sweetened whipped cream

✅4/15 119g. 29g from Starbucks Choc chip cookie, 1/2 oz dark choc. 10 servings of berries & veg
  • hixa30
    Options
    So I have developed a habit of going to cafes to have drink and something high in sugar, it's something that I really want to curtail. But I really crave it, perhaps more than the sugar laden treat itself. Because of that, I'm replacing the sugar laden treat with a trip to the supermarket to buy a packet of biscuits. I'll then throw away one more than the number of biscuits I threw away yesterday, because I want to eventually not eat sugar. Since that's the plan, I can't say that I'm sugar free. I'll be back, hopefully in the number of days equal to the number of biscuits in a packet of Chocolate thins (perhaps 30?).
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    So I have developed a habit of going to cafes to have drink and something high in sugar, it's something that I really want to curtail. But I really crave it, perhaps more than the sugar laden treat itself. Because of that, I'm replacing the sugar laden treat with a trip to the supermarket to buy a packet of biscuits. I'll then throw away one more than the number of biscuits I threw away yesterday, because I want to eventually not eat sugar. Since that's the plan, I can't say that I'm sugar free. I'll be back, hopefully in the number of days equal to the number of biscuits in a packet of Chocolate thins (perhaps 30?).

Good Luck!
  • hixa30
    Options
    Thanks. My lifetime record of number of days without sugar is 42, I hope to start that when I'm not throwing out biscuits anymore.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @hixa30
    I made it 2 months in college. When I ate one candy bar, I felt sick.

I will only cut out all sugar if I’m unable to maintain my new weight. I’m finding (so far) I can handle a little bit.
  • oceanjaeger
    oceanjaeger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting today! Ye-haw!
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m back (took some challenge time off for the holidays) and it’s time for a real challenge! I’m purposing a month long challenge. This isn’t going to be perfect, and I know I more then likely won’t be able to complete the whole thing, but I really need to flush unnecessary sugar out of my diet. If you decide to do something like this with me, please realize that you are going to have to eat more naturally sugar-filled foods, like apples and yogurt, or you will have nasty withdrawl symptoms like headaches and extreme fatigue.

Starting today!
  • passioneff
    passioneff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting from today 27/4

Will be recording my progress
    27/4:
    28/4:
    29/4:
  • boglarkab19
    boglarkab19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I hope this challenge will help me keep myself accountable. I keep catching myself wanting to have a little sweet snack or dessert after almost every meal, so I wanna stop this in the first place, for a healthier lifestyle! Starting today 28/4
  • hixa30
    Options
    I'm back, just started.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Focusing on getting off desserts. I realized they are too calorie dense for what I can eat each day.

4/28 bf no, lunch no, dinner no
    4/29 bf no, lunch no,