Getting out of the 150's!

Replies

• futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Welcome and congrats on your first drop, @CowgirlConnieMay!
    You are SO close @MadisonMolly2017!!!
    Congrats, @39flavours! So happy you stuck around :)
  • futuredrbri
    Last check-in weight: 153.8
    Current weight: 154.4
    Pounds until 149: 5.4

I had to eat out unexpectedly yesterday and didn't stick to keto, so a little bump up on the scale today. I am not upset about this at all, as I know I want to make keto my WOE, and I know there will be those random one-offs where I may not be able to eat a strict keto meal. When I was heavily involved in the keto community, so many people were purists, and to admit this would've meant lots of lectures. And I used to be very, very strict on keto in the past, but then it never lasted. I was always in constant fear of carbs, so much so that I started following a near-zero carb lifestyle, which was not sustainable for me in the least. I am not doing it this time around. I would say 90% of the time, I can and will easily stick to keto eating, and I am learning to be okay with not being perfect 10% of the time. I think that may be the key for my success moving forward. In any case, back to the regularly scheduled program today!
  • futuredrbri
    Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you're all feeling energized and motivated to stick to your goals today!

TOM is over and so is the bloating! Happy to see yesterday's bump-up and even more gone today.
  • futuredrbri
    Welcome, @Stephanie20685!
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    2/27 157.6
    2/28 157.2
    3/1 159...ugh....😩

No excuses just bad eating.
  • pinkfairy88
    pinkfairy88 Posts: 88 Member
    2/27 157.6
    2/28 157.2
    3/1 159...ugh....😩

Big hugs, I had a wobble from being sick and struggled to get back on it. Tried to be kind to myself and managed to get back on track
  • futuredrbri
    2/27 157.6
    2/28 157.2
    3/1 159...ugh....😩

Big hugs, I had a wobble from being sick and struggled to get back on it. Tried to be kind to myself and managed to get back on track

Great advice, @pinkfairy88. I agree. We have to be kind to ourselves. I wasn't yesterday, so I am trying to get back on track today.
  • futuredrbri
    Moving to weekly weigh-ins since I can't handle the daily fluctuations after yesterday's weigh-in put me up a pound after I was so ecstatic to meet my Happy Scale goal the day before. I'm also starting to add in more exercise, and I always maintain or gain when I first start a new exercise program. My weekly weigh-ins will be on Mondays. Hope to see more updates from others in the meantime!
  • pinkfairy88
    Moving to weekly weigh-ins since I can't handle the daily fluctuations after yesterday's weigh-in put me up a pound after I was so ecstatic to meet my Happy Scale goal the day before. I'm also starting to add in more exercise, and I always maintain or gain when I first start a new exercise program. My weekly weigh-ins will be on Mondays. Hope to see more updates from others in the meantime!

That's good to reflect on how it makes you feel and make adjustments. Hopefully it will help keep you motivated and achieve your goals 😊
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    Thanks Pink fairy... You are right of course 😊
  • pinkfairy88
    Last check-in weight: 159.6 (close to tapping out haha)
    Current weight: 155
    Pounds until 149: 6

Struggled to get back on track following sickness but I'm guessing there was quite a bit of water weight from antibiotics and sickness. Dropped over 4lb since last check in. Need to keep at it to get to 149! Here we go!
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    150's Challenge
    Last weigh in: 159
    Current Weight: 158
    Goal 14 anything 😊

Almost thought I would reenter the 160s....so glad I didn't!!
  • futuredrbri
    That's good to reflect on how it makes you feel and make adjustments. Hopefully it will help keep you motivated and achieve your goals 😊
    Thanks so much! I didn't weigh in today because it was obvious that I was still retaining water from a rigorous workout this weekend, but I will come back and update later in the week or next Monday. Way to go on your weigh-in!
  • futuredrbri
    150's Challenge
    Last weigh in: 159
    Current Weight: 158
    Goal 14 anything 😊

Almost thought I would reenter the 160s....so glad I didn't!!

Congrats!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    Preferred Name: Maddie
    Highest Weight: ~237
    SW: 228.3 1/1/16
    OGW: 166
    Then GW: 155
    Starting Current Weight: 150.6
    Current Goal Weight: 149.8 then reassess!
    5’8.5”
    (WOE): high fiber & water, low sodium, and moderate protein & sat. fat. Minimum five 3 ounce servings fruit/veg.

>60 mins exercise daily & >10,000 steps per day

Anticipated weigh-in frequency: I weigh daily & use weekly, monthly averages

Last weigh in: 150.8
    Current weigh in: 152.6

Pounds until 149.8: 2.8 pounds
    Total lost so far: 96.4%
    % still to go? 3.6%

Not sure what happened, but scale went up into 154’s. Whacking it back down LOL

THANK YOU for this challenge! It’s really helping me as I near the end of my weight loss journey❣️
  • futuredrbri
    So happy to hear this is helping you, Maddie! Great job getting back down from the 154s! I have a horrible habit of seeing an upward bump and falling off track (especially when I have been doing everything right), so you are my inspiration for the day.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Thank you @futuredrbri ❣️
    Me too, actually. But I have learned the easiest time to correct is right away! (Much of it is water AND I’m not as hungry because I just ate more than usual!)

I’m glad I can be of help, especially for you, as this challenge is JUST what I need right now.

What helps me the most: big breakfast (about 1/3+ of my daily calories.)

And raw, unsalted nuts when I’m truly hungry but almost out of calories for the day.

Walking- daily

Water. Water. Water...
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Preferred Name: Maddie
    Highest Weight: ~237
    SW: 228.3 1/1/16
    OGW: 166
    Then GW: 155
    Starting Current Weight: 150.6
    Current Goal Weight: 149.8 then reassess!
    5’8.5”
    (WOE): high fiber & water, low sodium, and moderate protein & sat. fat. Minimum five 3 ounce servings fruit/veg.

>60 mins exercise daily & >10,000 steps per day

Anticipated weigh-in frequency: I weigh daily & use weekly, monthly averages

Last weigh in: 152.6
    Current weigh in: 152.2

Pounds until 149.8: 2.4 pounds
    Total lost so far: 96.9
    % still to go? 3.1%

Not sure what happened, but scale went up into 154’s. Whacking it back down LOL
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    150's Challenge
    Last weigh in: 158
    Current Weight: 157.5
    Goal 14 anything 😊

A little closer!!