4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
I have several the main one is birds

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Drowning, burning.

Deep water where I can't see what's beneath, I'm afraid of cutting my feet on garbage or a "monster" dragging me under.
    People don't belong in the ocean.

Or lakes. I just know there's dead bodies at the bottom.

Yes! Do we have a telepathic link!!

Was thinking that after responding.
    We all know what "buried at sea" means, but also lakes....a body dumping ground...plus all the dead aquatic animals in there

...and Nessie, and Jaws
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I love birds. I would be scared of a large crocodile if I was in the water with it.

Or a large white, tiger, or bull shark. Other sharks are ok though.

An angry mama bear.

A masked man trying to break in.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    water. drowning.

and something more realistic: alzheimers.
    it doesn't run in my family but i always fear I'll end up with it anyhow and lose all sense of self and time.

My grandmother...shes still alive, but she doesn't remember any of the grandchildren. She looks shocked when someone mentions my grandfather is dead.
    I don't visit because it makes her feel bad
    She said the last time I visited her "I should know you, shouldn't I? You must think I'm an awful person" and spent the rest of the afternoon with a confused and sad, perplexed look on her face.

my ma worked in nursing homes when i was a kid. i used to go help out at the little events they'd put on for the residents like Halloween parties and dances and stuff. and it was sweet for a lot of them. but there was also a lot of them who didn't know where they were or why their family wasn't there with them and theyd just cry the whole night.
    and i still can't even imagine how it felt for them personally. the indignity of losing yourself.
    and I've been afraid of it happening to me ever since.

Me too.
    Also terrified of being "stuck in your own body", stroke or otherwise incapacitated.

Some of the people who work in those places get my whole hearted admiration and gratitude.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It used to be losing gravity. As in suddenly beginning to float up into the sky, no way to stop. Higher and higher.

Agreed also on drowning and the sheer terror of truly not being able to breathe
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love birds. I would be scared of a large crocodile if I was in the water with it.

Or a large white, tiger, or bull shark. Other sharks are ok though.

An angry mama bear.

A masked man trying to break in.

Do you ever think of where you'll hide or what you'll do if someone breaks in?
    I have literally nowhere to hide here, no weapons and not sure how the windows open, lol...prob break a leg jumping if I did.
  • 4my3gurls
    4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Picture this... Surrounded by darkness all alone can't see, can't feel, can't hear but totally alive. That's what I'm scared of

WOAH very scary 😱 that would really freak me out
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Non-dessert pies.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    Slugs :s
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    water. drowning.

and something more realistic: alzheimers.
    it doesn't run in my family but i always fear I'll end up with it anyhow and lose all sense of self and time.

My grandmother...shes still alive, but she doesn't remember any of the grandchildren. She looks shocked when someone mentions my grandfather is dead.
    I don't visit because it makes her feel bad
    She said the last time I visited her "I should know you, shouldn't I? You must think I'm an awful person" and spent the rest of the afternoon with a confused and sad, perplexed look on her face.

my ma worked in nursing homes when i was a kid. i used to go help out at the little events they'd put on for the residents like Halloween parties and dances and stuff. and it was sweet for a lot of them. but there was also a lot of them who didn't know where they were or why their family wasn't there with them and theyd just cry the whole night.
    and i still can't even imagine how it felt for them personally. the indignity of losing yourself.
    and I've been afraid of it happening to me ever since.

Me too.
    Also terrified of being "stuck in your own body", stroke or otherwise incapacitated.

Some of the people who work in those places get my whole hearted admiration and gratitude.

That would like ALS - mind fully functional but body stops working - it’s like the opposite of Alzheimer’s- my grandma had alzheimer’s as well - forgot everyone in the family including my grandpa - was so hard to see her like that
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

Agreed also on drowning and the sheer terror of truly not being able to breathe

This is scary.