What’s your phobia 😱

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Finishing up this story about a brutal killer clown soon, and my phobia is that too many people are scared of clowns to read it

aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

IT remains a huge hit so I think you're good.

My clown is named “That” and his catchphrase is “we all swim down here” and he’s terrifying and this is the story upon which I shall build my legacy
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Finishing up this story about a brutal killer clown soon, and my phobia is that too many people are scared of clowns to read it

aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

IT remains a huge hit so I think you're good.

My clown is named “That” and his catchphrase is “we all swim down here” and he’s terrifying and this is the story upon which I shall build my legacy

that's awesome! that reminds me of when i wrote this story about a plucky group of space pirates once.

they flew around in this ship called "Tranquility" and got into a bunch of crazy adventures. the lieutenant of the ship was named "Falcon Raymonds". he was so cool and had all these little catchphrases and quips.

if i ever published it i was gonna call it "Lightning Bug"

My fallback (if That doesn't take off) is this little story I've been noodling on for a few years. I call it "Henry Pottery and the Chamber Pot of Secrets" and I think it's got real potential.
  • DFTNicki
    DFTNicki Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was once choked at work to where I couldn't breathe. That was horrendously scary for me.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of crowded rooms, When I am in one it feels like the crowd is using all of the oxygen.

Wife says I have a phobia of spiders which is not true. If they are in my house they are dead upon sight. If I am outside I play with them.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    walking down a flight of stairs and tripping and falling face first and snapping my front teeth off

Me too.
    When I was 5 I tripped over my favourite blanket and fell down a flight of stairs. Somersaults all the way down.

Ever since I've been scared of falling down a flight of stairs and smashing my teeth, I get the idea in my head most times I go down a stairway.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Mean_Spice wrote: »
    I have a phobia of crowded rooms, When I am in one it feels like the crowd is using all of the oxygen.

Wife says I have a phobia of spiders which is not true. If they are in my house they are dead upon sight. If I am outside I play with them.

Me too. Crowds make me feel almost dizzy and light headed.

I also get like a sensory overload in crowds when a lot of people are talking at once. My brain can't concentrate, it tries to listen to everything equally.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Another phobia is if I lose one of my senses

That would be bad... :/
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Mummy sharks

Theres lots of dem... >:)
  • 4my3gurls
    4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Mean_Spice wrote: »

Me too. Crowds make me feel almost dizzy and light headed.

I also get like a sensory overload in crowds when a lot of people are talking at once. My brain can't concentrate, it tries to listen to everything equally.

Damn me too I hate crowds and I’m also claster phobic
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    Height and snakes
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Actual, diagnosable phobia?

Hypodermic needles. Just the image of one makes me nauseous. :s
  • lx1x
    Options
    wendsg wrote: »
    Actual, diagnosable phobia?

Hypodermic needles. Just the image of one makes me nauseous. :s

Oh yeah.. that.. needles.. 😖
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any phobias. I have always wondered - since you recognize that you have a phobia, do you try to do something about it, or do you just accept that you have it and try to avoid situations that trigger it?
  • Quelana
    Quelana Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Craneflies. I don't care about flies/regular mosquitos and I actually like spiders, but craneflies are TERRIFYING.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    JimDew wrote: »
    A phobia is an irrational fear. For me it’s heights/airplanes.

Some of the tihs you guys are scared of is legit scary!!

Agreed.

• Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Choking on food .
  • lx1x
    Options
    Death (since I was a kid).. hate going to funeral service/viewing.
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Taz6o5 wrote: »
    Choking on food .

Yeah this is scary. Years ago my dad choked on a piece of meat. He was being greedy and putting loads in his mouth anyway, he choked so bad he clearly couldn't breath. My bf at the time had to literally shove his hand down my dad's throat and pull the meat out.

My dad warned us all to chew our food really well and don't put too much food in our mouths!

I have had my share of close calls of choking on food even when I am not stuffing my face .
    Even drinking water the wrong way can have you gasping for air.