Replies

• Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I love birds. I would be scared of a large crocodile if I was in the water with it.

Or a large white, tiger, or bull shark. Other sharks are ok though.

An angry mama bear.

A masked man trying to break in.

Do you ever think of where you'll hide or what you'll do if someone breaks in?
    I have literally nowhere to hide here, no weapons and not sure how the windows open, lol...prob break a leg jumping if I did.

Omg. I have thought about it. My house was robbed once but thankfully I wasnt home, but it got me thinking.

I am not a gun fan at all but after that and a domestic incident, I have a gun and wont hesitate to use it. If i had to hide in a situation, i could fit in any cabinet. I am a little person. :)

Fun fact - we’ll maybe just fact - if you weren’t home you were actually burglarized- you would have to be there to be robbed - just some useless knowledge i thought I’d pass along its 1am and I’m bored sorry
  • mherwig1
    mherwig1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    spiders
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Being bedridden.
    Roaches.
    Rats.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    (... :/ .. Crowds, let-alone giving speaches ) #embarrassed
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Spiders
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Don't like heights. Don't like enclosed spaces.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I love birds. I would be scared of a large crocodile if I was in the water with it.

An angry mama bear.

I have literally nowhere to hide here, no weapons and not sure how the windows open, lol...prob break a leg jumping if I did.

Omg. I have thought about it. My house was robbed once but thankfully I wasnt home, but it got me thinking.

I am not a gun fan at all but after that and a domestic incident, I have a gun and wont hesitate to use it. If i had to hide in a situation, i could fit in any cabinet. I am a little person. :)

Fun fact - we’ll maybe just fact - if you weren’t home you were actually burglarized- you would have to be there to be robbed - just some useless knowledge i thought I’d pass along its 1am and I’m bored sorry

What do you call it when someone breaks in your place and steals your stuff?
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

An angry mama bear.

If you're not home, burglary; if you're home, robbery
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

An angry mama bear.

If you are not there technically it's burglary -
    When you're robbed someone forcibly takes something from you . Again just useless knowledge lol -
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Also, phobias:

big (6ft+)
    fat (400+lbs)
    hairy (well...hairy)
    bats (esp. vampire-style)
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    As for silly fears, I really don’t like some birds, but only birds in large gatherings with the expectation of pigeons, they don’t bother me. I also have tryphobia so I don’t like strange holes and especially those tattooed that look like there are holes in your skin, I hate escalators and I'm scared of my basement when it’s dark.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    IKEA furniture is terrifying
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    I’m really scared of dying young. I can’t help but think every cough or pain is cancer. I’m not a hypochondriac but I could easily become one, especially when I’m struggling to maintain my anxiety. When my anxiety is under control I’m much less worried, but lately it hasn’t been.

I also worry about the people closest to me dying. I worry a lot about my sons future and if I’m doing enough to ensure he goes on to make good choices. Most of my legit fears are death based or me as a mother.

I’m with you on the parenting fear - I just want my kids to be happy productive members of society- and hope the way I’ve raised them doesn’t cause them anxiety later in life - also just get thru high school and college not pregnant
  • 4my3gurls
    4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Octopus 🐙
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Chickens and needles.
  • InsertFunnyUsernameHere
    Options
    In my early 20’s I was in a bad car accident. Now I have a fear of driving close to large vechiles, especially semi trucks in bad weather. The idea of reliving a similar accident causes my whole body to tense up.

It's a rational fear. If people knew how many of those drivers were popping pills to stay awake and how many of those trucks were not in optimal operating conditions, nobody would driver within 100 yards of any of them.

close-call.gif

• 4my3gurls
    4my3gurls Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In my early 20’s I was in a bad car accident. Now I have a fear of driving close to large vechiles, especially semi trucks in bad weather. The idea of reliving a similar accident causes my whole body to tense up.

It's a rational fear. If people knew how many of those drivers were popping pills to stay awake and how many of those trucks were not in optimal operating conditions, nobody would driver within 100 yards of any of them.

close-call.gif

That’s another fear of mine one cause my truck to roll over completely thanks god I wasn’t hurt