March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So I completely forgot how to dress for running in the mid 50's it seems... had to peel off layers and carry them with me while I ran, for at least 8 of the 11 miles!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    And on another note, we've made a pretty radical decision to sell up and move. We are going to list the house at the end of the month, see how long it takes to sell, and then I'll get a job IN A CITY!!! I love my current job and I enjoy living where we are, but we are so limited. My eldest is about to turn 5, and schooling, while ok, is a consideration. There is also not a lot for the kids to do. Not that I want to load them up, but having a variety would be nice. And I dream of all the running events I could do. And ease of buying shoes!! Lol.

So I'm feeling guilty at work when they talk about including me in future projects as it doesn't look like I'll be around. I'm sad about the idea of leaving, though after 6 years I've grown as much as I'm going to. I'm excited about the idea of learning new things - I would immediately be learning CT in the hospital that I'd be working in which is something I've always wanted to do, but cannot do where I am. I already spoke with the hospital and they are desperate for staff so it sounds like I'd walk into a job. Just need the house to sell.

Ooh, where would you move to? Will you stay in Northland?

Going to New Plymouth. so actually further away from you haha

New Plymouth is great. Good running. Plenty of trails and hills. Quite a bit colder though...

Used to it, lived there years ago, and hubbys family are there. Anyway isnt everywhere colder than the "winterless far north" hahaha. and I love how we look at a place based on the running. Ill definitely get good at hills running! though the foreshore is a great place to run, and they have an excellent park run group going.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    March Runing Goal: 10.5/20 miles

3/1 1 mile
    3/2 1.5 mile
    3/4 1.5 mile
    3/14 2 miles
    3/18 1 mile
    3/19 1 mile
    3/20 2.5 miles
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    Another nice, dry, warm evening run. It wasn’t quite as late as last night, so I had a bit more pep.

@Avidkeo That sounds like an exciting move.. I think I’m finally at a place where I appreciate being in a city (which is handy because that’s where my job is). In the past 10 years we lived in 1 biggish city (this one), 1 smaller city, 1 college town, and 1 rural place. This city (Seattle) and the rural place (upstate New York) were my favorites because they’re gorgeous, but it was also great to move here with kids and have so many things to do. I hope your house sells quickly!

March goal: 60 miles

3/2 6 mi
    3/3 cross (easy bike ~10 mi)
    3/5 4 mi
    3/7 4 mi TM
    3/9 6 mi
    3/10 cross (bike 25 mi w/kids)
    3/12 4 mi
    3/14 4 mi
    3/16 3.1 mi (5K PR!)
    3/17 3 mi + cross (snowboarding)
    3/19 4.5 mi
    3/20 3.1 mi

March total: 41.7 mi

Races:
    3/16 Kirkland Shamrock Run 5K
    5/6 Vancouver BMO Half Marathon
    8/11 Lake Union 10K?

Thanks! Definitely hopeful
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A new reason to have to run was anouced...

LG's SnowWhite is like a Keurig for ice cream

That looks like space food.

ETA Cutes! @mbaker566 ! Beautiful scenery! Maybe her play list sucked... or she was running off a bad day. Hope it ended well for her.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A new reason to have to run was anouced...

LG's SnowWhite is like a Keurig for ice cream

i want that. i have no counter space for it. i will make counter space. want. badly. now