3/7: 3.12 miles
    3/10: 9.01 miles
    3/12: 5.05 miles
    3/13: 3.11 miles
    3/14: 5.11 miles
    3/17: 10.06 miles
    3/19: 5.06 miles

57.93/80 miles completed

I had a nice 5 mile run this morning. It was a little chillier than I thought it would be, but still really nice at 46F with light wind from the south. The sky was clear and the moon was so pretty. It was really pretty when I started out and there were lots of stars. Then on the way home it was starting to get light in the east and the moon was setting in the west and it was big and orange and I thought about how if I had run later in the day I would have missed seeing that beautiful sight.

@Lazy_Bones_85 I'm so sorry for your loss! Mia was a beautiful cat!

@yvonneangelgoh Welcome to the group! It is never too late to join.

@midwesterner85 Glad you're on the mend!

@MegaMooseEsq I usually keep an eye on the race and register for it just before the price goes up or if there is a deadline to be guaranteed a shirt. All of my races have been small, but if I was worried that the race would fill up I would probably register even sooner, or at least keep an eye on how full it was getting. I do tend to get more anxious about getting injured or something happening once I've paid my money so I put it off for a while if I can.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo here are those x rays.
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

DANG. Is that your leg? You are like indestructible now! :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Saturday's run was a real slog. I chalked it up to a late night out the night before with my son and his girlfriend.

Sunday came, they left to head back to college and it was time for my long run, a planned 20+ miles, on a beautiful, sunny day. Except I couldn't get my but going. My *kitten* was draggin' big time. I was tired just going up the stairs. I gathered up all my gear. It sat on the table for a couple hours. I started negotiating with myself. Maybe I'll wait until evening and go for 10 miles. Maybe I just do 6. Maybe I'll do a long run on Monday.

Finally I realized why I didn't want to go. I was coming down with something. By bedtime I definitely had a cold which felt like it could go into my throat. More feeling crappy yesterday but it wasn't any worse and today I'm feeling slightly better. If I feel this way tonight I'm going to try a 4 or 5 mile run. I won't push it though, because I really need to get my long run in this weekend.

Why does that always seem to happen on the beautiful days? Hope you are feeling better. Remember, rest and recovery > a few extra miles when you really need it!

@Lazy_Bones_85 - That's a great picture. I'm sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye to our furry friends is tough. It looks like she had a great life!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I've had a few races I couldn't run because of injury or schedule changes, so it's a balance of having to pay more for signing up later vs. risking losing out entirely because you can't even go. When I injured my foot in October it took away two big races for me, a 10 mile trail race in Kansas City and an 8 hour race in Wisconsin. That would have been a $110 loss but the KC race director let me transfer my $65 fee to the race I did last month with Kody. That is VERY rare to be able to do that, so I was extremely grateful. FWIW, if I sign up for a race but can't make it, I do collect the shirt or other swag if I can.

Speaking of DNS's....I just realized that a July 10 I signed up for three months ago isn't going to work. It's the same weekend as our 20th annual neighborhood camping trip, and I'm the one who coordinates the camping trip. This particular race didn't mean a lot to me, but it was convenient to where we go sailing and it was only $10, so not a big loss.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @elise4270 - will you beep now going thru security at the airport?
    @lporter229 - Congratulations on your races! Awesome getting a 5K and a HM course PR and... winning your age group in the HM!
    @7lenny7 - I have found another location closer to home to try and see some of the super bloom later this week. I don't think it will be quite as amazing as some of those in the big canyons but we will see. This particular area has lots of trails that I want to run with Hobbes anyway so the visit there will be dual purpose as I can check them out for running while there. I may still try to get out to the original area once all the hype has died down. The bloom should last well into April so we have some time.

ETA - I hope everyone who is getting or has been sick are feeling better soon!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wooow @7lenny7 and @rusgolden, that is impressive!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

Yes. My leg. Not an internet stock photo. 😁 Ill be indestructible if/when the other needs to be done.

Wow, I missed if you shared why you had that done. I only catch like 30% of the post when this thread is really hopping.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 congrats on your races. Hope your hamstring feels much better. Dry needling is interesting - do you also get electrical stimulation with that?

@7lenny7 thanks - I had remembered you running in KC before and thought that kind of thing might be something you'd do. Sounds like you have some big combos in mind. Also, cool about running all the streets of your town. I remember you or @rusgolden maybe shared the website/app where you can track this before - what is that?

@elise4270 how are you recovering with your enhanced leg?

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/19 :::: 2.9 :::: 2.9
    03/02/19 :::: 5.5 :::: 8.4
    03/03/19 :::: 0.0 :::: 8.4
    03/04/19 :::: 3.1 :::: 11.4
    03/05/19 :::: 2.0 :::: 13.5
    03/06/19 :::: 3.3 :::: 16.8
    03/07/19 :::: 0.0 :::: 16.8
    03/08/19 :::: 3.1 :::: 19.9
    03/09/19 :::: 4.1 :::: 24.0
    03/10/19 :::: 0.0 :::: 24.0
    03/11/19 :::: 4.3 :::: 28.3
    03/12/19 :::: 2.3 :::: 30.6
    03/13/19 :::: 3.0 :::: 33.6
    03/14/19 :::: 3.9 :::: 37.5
    03/15/19 :::: 3.1 :::: 40.6
    03/16/19 :::: 5.0 :::: 45.6
    03/17/19 :::: 3.1 :::: 48.7
    03/18/19 :::: 3.5 :::: 52.1
    03/19/19 :::: 2.5 :::: 54.7

Another treadmill run before circuit training. I swear I'm getting slower and slower.

Legs and core today featuring box jumps again. Friday I was feeling so good about it and today the same height was messing with my mind. I nailed my shin pretty good on one attempt - even though it's a soft box it left a nice mark. All right, box. Next time.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

Yes. My leg. Not an internet stock photo. 😁 Ill be indestructible if/when the other needs to be done.

Wow, I missed if you shared why you had that done. I only catch like 30% of the post when this thread is really hopping.

Hmmm.... I’m not sure if I shared why. tl;dr My femur was derped up and anteverted (37degrees) -rotated forwards. This causes a person to naturally turn the toes inward to align the femur/ acetabulum (hip socket). All this malalignment causes stress on soft tissues, my case the IT band and bursa (sx #2), the hip labrum and knee. Fair chance that without this correction, I’d need a hip replacement and/or a knee replacement at some point. And that won’t get me to Kona. Hehe. Nah, my running days may truly be over, but I won’t trip over my own feet any more, er as often, hopeful. So that’s why I tell you kids with hip pai, “see a professional “. You never know what you are up against until you visit someone with imaging.

Cool pics! I'm sorry I missed them! have to go back and read the rest of the thread now. Will they take the rod out once your femur has healed?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

Hmmm.... I’m not sure if I shared why. tl;dr My femur was derped up and anteverted (37degrees) -rotated forwards. This causes a person to naturally turn the toes inward to align the femur/ acetabulum (hip socket). All this malalignment causes stress on soft tissues, my case the IT band and bursa (sx #2), the hip labrum and knee. Fair chance that without this correction, I’d need a hip replacement and/or a knee replacement at some point. And that won’t get me to Kona. Hehe. Nah, my running days may truly be over, but I won’t trip over my own feet any more, er as often, hopeful. So that’s why I tell you kids with hip pai, “see a professional “. You never know what you are up against until you visit someone with imaging.

Cool pics! I'm sorry I missed them! have to go back and read the rest of the thread now. Will they take the rod out once your femur has healed?

From what I understand, only the screws will come out. I’m kinda concerned about the bottom bent one, but have 100% faith and trust that my surgeon knows what’s he’s doing. I am lucky there! I have coxa profunda and protrusio acetabuli on the left, sure I see protrusio acetabuli on the right... I try to read these images and my mri’s but I tell ya, I’m rarely right! Hahaha!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

From what I understand, only the screws will come out. I’m kinda concerned about the bottom bent one, but have 100% faith and trust that my surgeon knows what’s he’s doing. I am lucky there! I have coxa profunda and protrusio acetabuli on the left, sure I see protrusio acetabuli on the right... I try to read these images and my mri’s but I tell ya, I’m rarely right! Hahaha!

The bent screw will come out fine, provided the sawbones has a big enough screwdriver!
    Seriously, hope your recovery goes well.