Avidkeo wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo here are those x rays.
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

DANG. Is that your leg? You are like indestructible now! :)

Yes. My leg. Not an internet stock photo. 😁 Ill be indestructible if/when the other needs to be done.

Wow, I missed if you shared why you had that done. I only catch like 30% of the post when this thread is really hopping.

Hmmm.... I’m not sure if I shared why. tl;dr My femur was derped up and anteverted (37degrees) -rotated forwards. This causes a person to naturally turn the toes inward to align the femur/ acetabulum (hip socket). All this malalignment causes stress on soft tissues, my case the IT band and bursa (sx #2), the hip labrum and knee. Fair chance that without this correction, I’d need a hip replacement and/or a knee replacement at some point. And that won’t get me to Kona. Hehe. Nah, my running days may truly be over, but I won’t trip over my own feet any more, er as often, hopeful. So that’s why I tell you kids with hip pai, “see a professional “. You never know what you are up against until you visit someone with imaging.

Cool pics! I'm sorry I missed them! have to go back and read the rest of the thread now. Will they take the rod out once your femur has healed?

From what I understand, only the screws will come out. I’m kinda concerned about the bottom bent one, but have 100% faith and trust that my surgeon knows what’s he’s doing. I am lucky there! I have coxa profunda and protrusio acetabuli on the left, sure I see protrusio acetabuli on the right... I try to read these images and my mri’s but I tell ya, I’m rarely right! Hahaha!

interesting! Cant see any protusio acetabuli on this pic, but since its not a dedicated pelvis image its hard to say for sure. Some good news, I cant see major evidence of arthritis yet! lol
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 thanks - I had remembered you running in KC before and thought that kind of thing might be something you'd do. Sounds like you have some big combos in mind. Also, cool about running all the streets of your town. I remember you or @rusgolden maybe shared the website/app where you can track this before - what is that

@katharmonic the site is citystrides.com

You have to allow it to sync to your Strava account and I think perhaps it allows you to use map my run and maybe one other as well.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

Yes. My leg. Not an internet stock photo. 😁 Ill be indestructible if/when the other needs to be done.

Wow, I missed if you shared why you had that done. I only catch like 30% of the post when this thread is really hopping.

Hmmm.... I’m not sure if I shared why. tl;dr My femur was derped up and anteverted (37degrees) -rotated forwards. This causes a person to naturally turn the toes inward to align the femur/ acetabulum (hip socket). All this malalignment causes stress on soft tissues, my case the IT band and bursa (sx #2), the hip labrum and knee. Fair chance that without this correction, I’d need a hip replacement and/or a knee replacement at some point. And that won’t get me to Kona. Hehe. Nah, my running days may truly be over, but I won’t trip over my own feet any more, er as often, hopeful. So that’s why I tell you kids with hip pai, “see a professional “. You never know what you are up against until you visit someone with imaging.

Cool pics! I'm sorry I missed them! have to go back and read the rest of the thread now. Will they take the rod out once your femur has healed?

From what I understand, only the screws will come out. I’m kinda concerned about the bottom bent one, but have 100% faith and trust that my surgeon knows what’s he’s doing. I am lucky there! I have coxa profunda and protrusio acetabuli on the left, sure I see protrusio acetabuli on the right... I try to read these images and my mri’s but I tell ya, I’m rarely right! Hahaha!

interesting! Cant see any protusio acetabuli on this pic, but since its not a dedicated pelvis image its hard to say for sure. Some good news, I cant see major evidence of arthritis yet! lol

Yay! Let’s hope it stays that a way! Major? Eh... minor.... ahhh to be expected.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    5g74jqjf5t6o.jpg
    lf9u2047gycg.jpg
    4e0y75gqf15s.jpg

Yay! Let’s hope it stays that a way! Major? Eh... minor.... ahhh to be expected.

Well, that is great you are getting it worked on! When you say your running days are over, is that certain? I know nothing about this, so probably a stupid question. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk.........Pushups
    03/01........00M.......3.5M........30
    03/02........20M.......0.0M........00
    03/03........00M.......0.0M........00 *injury*
    03/04........06M.......0.0M........00
    03/05........04M.......1.0M........00
    03/06........00M.......0.0M........25
    03/07........11M.......0.0M........00
    03/08........16M.......0.0M........00
    03/09........09M.......0.0M........00
    03/10........09M.......0.0M........00
    03/11........00M.......3.5M........00
    03/12........07M.......3.5M........00
    03/13........11M.......3.5M........4x10
    03/14........11M.......4.0M........0
    03/15........00M.......3.5M........4x10
    03/16........00M.......0.0M........00
    03/17........11M.......0.0M........00
    03/18........00M.......3.5M........00
    03/19........06M.......3.5M........5x10

Tuesdays are always busy, so dreadmilled 6 miles, at 7MPH with 5.5 % grade

---MTD: 29.5miles walking, 112 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent As far as i know i can and will run again. The doc was, of course, very cautious about making any guarantee. I'm prepared to just enjoy running for the sake of trying- should be less painful, and who knows.... I might be good at it then. If not, i gotta couple of bicycles and a gym membership with a pool.

Well that sounds promising at least!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @7lenny7 thanks - I had remembered you running in KC before and thought that kind of thing might be something you'd do. Sounds like you have some big combos in mind. Also, cool about running all the streets of your town. I remember you or @rusgolden maybe shared the website/app where you can track this before - what is that

You have to allow it to sync to your Strava account and I think perhaps it allows you to use map my run and maybe one other as well.

Thank you! I have run 54% of the streets in my suburb/village. It's not that big, so I could probably easily finish this, maybe a summer project. My next highest place was 27% done and I was surprised because it is somewhere I have only run once - a very small town that I did a half marathon in.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Can't keep up 101 posts behind in this group.

kj9lntkrg4ib.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Elise4270 -Wow, woman! You have been through a lot. Your positive attitude and unwillingness to give in have been such an inspiration to so many of us here. I hope you already know that though.

@katharmonic -Yesterday was the first time I had the electrostimulation. It was, er, interesting. My hamstrings were much sorer yesterday than I remembered them being after my previous treatments. It was interesting to note that my PT was able to look at the needles after the pulses had been going for a few minutes and was able to tell me exactly where my tightest spots were by the way they responded in loosening up. And he was right. He said that I should expect some bruising on my left leg because it was the tightest and I definitely felt that. Will this help? Who knows. Even if it's only placebo effect, I guess that's still something...

@MobyCarp -Your 2018 "race of faith" sounds a lot like where I was in 2017. Only difference is that I had no delusions of running a strong race. My only goal was to finish under 4 hours and that had less to do with caring about my finishing time and more to do with the fact that I knew if I was running longer than 4 hours there would be some serious pain involved. This year I do have a bit of a race plan, mostly because I would like to make amends with the training mistakes I made last time. I definitely feel like I am in that "unsexy recovery" period right now. If I do any speed work from here on out it will be minimal. Like you, the goal is to avoid injury and go into the race as fresh as possible. It's amazing how much wiser you become once you have a few marathons (and training mistakes) in your rear view mirror. Good luck at Boston. Maybe I will get to see you there this time!
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yikes… to say that was a slow run would be an understatement! I think a snail overtook me! This cough is really taking it out of me…

01/03 - rest
    02/03 - rest
    03/03 - rest
    04/03 - rest
    05/03 - 3.87km/96.13km
    06/03 - 4.23km/91.90km
    07/03 - 3.87km/88.03km
    08/03 - 4.50km/83.53km
    09/03 - rest
    10/03 - Spinning
    11/03 - 4.23km/79.30km
    12/03 - 4.94km/74.36km
    13/03 - sick
    14/03 - sick
    15/03 - sick
    16/03 - sick
    17/03 - sick
    18/03 - 4.73km/69.63km
    19/03 - 5.18km/64.45km
    20/03 - 3.88km/60.57km

So myself and a friend have decided to join a 1000km in 2019 challenge now! So I guess given there's 10 months left I'll have to average 100km a month for the rest of the year!

Have decided that I will start training towards a marathon in October! They release more spots in July so I'm thinking I'll just start working towards it and see where I'm at by the end of June. If all is going well I'll sign up!

So, long story short, I'm in for 100km

Planned races
    11/05 - Kungsholmens runt, Stockholm

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

So, I just tried it out (or rather, signed up a few hours ago and now checked how far it got with syncing).
    Unfortunately, the data for my region is full of non-streets:

For my village, it shows that I am supposedly missing 73. I went through the list of missing streets - more than 60 of those are not streets at all, but schools, churches, hotels, shops, rivers, the country border, private residences, ... I went through the list and flagged them all for "deletion". Same for the neighbouring village - the site claims it has 266 streets. I estimate that 80% of those are incorrect. More than a hundred of those streets are actually building numbers on a research campus, and another 50 or so should not belong to this village at all, as they are in different villages or even on the other side of the Swiss-French border. Again I flagged all the obvious non-streets. And then I read the help forum and saw that the poor admin has to look at all flagged streets manually, there's no automated system. :o
    On the other hand, the village where my parents live seems has no data at all, so there I'm at 0 of 0 streets. Which maybe means I'm not missing any, so i completed it? :sunglasses:

Too bad, it sounded like a cool idea, but I guess it only works well if the data for your city is correct...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    March goal: 80 miles

3/3: 7.43 miles
    3/5: 4.65 miles
    3/6: 5.33 miles
    3/7: 3.12 miles
    3/10: 9.01 miles
    3/12: 5.05 miles
    3/13: 3.11 miles
    3/14: 5.11 miles
    3/17: 10.06 miles
    3/19: 5.06 miles
    3/20: 5.04 miles

62.97/80 miles completed

Today's run was another pretty moonlit run 5 mile run. It was pretty uneventful, but nice.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

So, I just tried it out (or rather, signed up a few hours ago and now checked how far it got with syncing).
    Unfortunately, the data for my region is full of non-streets:

For my village, it shows that I am supposedly missing 73. I went through the list of missing streets - more than 60 of those are not streets at all, but schools, churches, hotels, shops, rivers, the country border, private residences, ... I went through the list and flagged them all for "deletion". Same for the neighbouring village - the site claims it has 266 streets. More than a hundred of those streets are actually building numbers or a research campus, and another 50 or so should not belong to this village at all, as they are on the other side of the Swiss-French border. Again I flagged all the obvious non-streets. And then I read the help forum and saw that the poor admin has to look at all flagged streets manually, there's no automated system. :o
    On the other hand, the village where my parents live seems has no data at all, so there I'm at 0 of 0 streets. Which maybe means I'm not missing any, so i completed it? :sunglasses:

Too bad, it sounded like a cool idea, but I guess it only works well if the data for your city is correct...

@_nikkiwolf_ yes, the site isn't perfect. When I decide to start working on a town the first thing I do is browse through the street listing for that town to flag the non-streets and private streets. Then I mark them as manually completed so they don't show up as missing.

The issue, as I understand it, is that this site pulls in the data from Open Street Map and not everything is tagged correctly there. It's a work in progress and he CityStrides owner is working on a way to delete the non-streets with community efforts.

If nothing else, it gives you a combined look at where you've run, which is kind of interesting.