3/14 2.07 miles
    3/18 1.21 mile
    3/19 1 mile
    3/20 2.61 miles
    3/21 2.28 miles
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo That all sounds like a real scare. So good you’re getting 100% consistent feedback to do what you want to do anyway!

@Sparx_81 My go-to for the annoying tickly cough is hot water with honey and lemon. Cup after cup of it if necessary...
  • saramagd
    saramagd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3/3: 3.1Km
    4/3: 12.2Km
    6/3: 4.0Km
    7/3: 6.0km
    10/3: 11.2Km
    14/3: 3.1Km
    18/3: 3.2Km
    20/3: 4.3Km
    21/3: 6.5Km

Total: 53.6Km
    Total to go: 14.4Km
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    Ok... It is 1.49am, I'm meant to get up and run in 4 hours... But I'm sat here hacking up my lungs! Coming up on 2 weeks of this bloody cold that my kids so kindly shared with me! Anyone got any tried and tested cure for annoying tickly coughs?!

Then only thing I know to do for it is otc/rx meds. Is it sinus related? Or just the constant cough? Get well soon!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo I think you are wise to be cautious and (despite the "do not google advice") educate yourself. The trick is to only read trustworthy sites. Mayo Clinic, the American Heart Association, and so on.

Glad things are looking positive!

I agree there. Education only. Not the worst cases like @Avidkeo mentioned. Glad to hear you’re r back to work free running @quilteryoyo ! Man that whole deal sounded stressful.you know you can vent to us any time you need to!

Agreed times three - I really like the Mayo website for (mostly) reasonable information. What you really want to avoid are posts from individuals, because that's where you get into issues with only hearing about the very worst problems without any context. In any case, hugs @quilteryoyo and I'm glad that the news was good in the end.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I think you are wise to be cautious and (despite the "do not google advice") educate yourself. The trick is to only read trustworthy sites. Mayo Clinic, the American Heart Association, and so on.

I agree there. Education only. Not the worst cases like @Avidkeo mentioned. Glad to hear you’re r back to work free running @quilteryoyo ! Man that whole deal sounded stressful.you know you can vent to us any time you need to!

Agreed times three - I really like the Mayo website for (mostly) reasonable information. What you really want to avoid are posts from individuals, because that's where you get into issues with only hearing about the very worst issues without any context. In any case, hugs @quilteryoyo and I'm glad that the news was good in the end.

I fourth this. Knowledge is power, and I'm glad your prognosis is positive.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Glad you got positive news this time.

@MegaMooseEsq Happy Birthday!

@Avidkeo I hope the house sells quickly! Change can be scary, but it sounds like it will be a really positive move.

@Sparx_81 My go to for coughs is a teaspoon of honey. It is also good in hot herbal tea, but just a spoonful works to sooth the throat.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

Agreed times three - I really like the Mayo website for (mostly) reasonable information. What you really want to avoid are posts from individuals, because that's where you get into issues with only hearing about the very worst issues without any context. In any case, hugs @quilteryoyo and I'm glad that the news was good in the end.

I fourth this :p . Knowledge is power, and I'm glad your prognosis is positive.

I fifth this (Ah, look at me band-wagoning again :p ). @quilteryoyo I'm glad your prognosis is positive and you are not letting it keep you down.

@MegaMooseEsq happy late 36th birthday!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Congratulations on your birthday and moving into a new age group!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo Glad you got positive news this time.

@Avidkeo I hope the house sells quickly! Change can be scary, but it sounds like it will be a really positive move.

@Sparx_81 My go to for coughs is a teaspoon of honey. It is also good in hot herbal tea, but just a spoonful works to sooth the throat.

Ditto!

As for me, yesterday had a run on the schedule but I am still taking it easy due to calf/achilles issues. Instead, I took the opportunity to sleep in. I did my daily heel drop exercises and foam rolled/stretched a little last night, but not much.

This morning I took the dogs for a walk and may or may not have run some of it. Unfortunately, I did not give myself enough time to foam roll and stretch afterward, so will have to do that tonight. One set of heel drops done so far, with another planned for later as well.

Good luck on your race, @MegaMooseEsq!
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    March 2 = 8 miles
    March 3 = 5 miles
    March 4 = 3.1 miles
    March 6 = 3.6 miles
    March 7 = 3.1 miles

Total for month = 22.8
    Goal for month = 80
    Miles left until goal = 57.2
    March 9 = 5 miles
    March 10 = 8 miles

Weekend total = 13 miles

22.8 + 13 = 35.8 miles for month
    Goal for month = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 44.2 miles

March 11 - 3.14 miles

35.8 + 3.14 = 38.94 miles for the month
    Goal for month = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 41.06 miles

March 13 - 5 miles

38.94 + 5 = 43.94 miles for the month
    Goal for the month = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 36.06 miles

March 14 - 3.13 miles
    43.94 + 3.13 = 47.07 miles for the month
    Miles left until goal = 32.93 Miles

March 16 - 3.1 miles

47.07 + 3.1 = 50.17 miles for the month
    Miles left until goal = 29.83 miles

March 17 - 11 miles

50.17 + 11 = 61.17 miles for the month
    Goal #1 for the month = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 18.83 miles

Oops....I may have to up that goal a bit.

March 18 - 5 miles

61.17 + 5 = 66.17 miles for the month
    Goal #1 for the month = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 13.83 miles

March 20 - 5.8 miles

66.17 + 5.8 = 71.97 miles for the month
    Goal #1 - 80 miles
    Miles left until goal = 8.03 miles

March 21 - 3.1 miles

71.97 + 3.1 = 75.07 miles for the month
    Goal #1 = 80 miles
    Miles left until goal - 4.93 miles