March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - It is so sad that kids feel there is no other option. I also feel so bad for her friends and others at the school who have to deal with it too.
    @ContraryMaryMary - Did not intend to send you any bad luck, just good wishes!!

On the weather comments... I am not running today thankfully as we are having 20MPH winds with regular gusts of 50! I had planned to get out and pick the rest of my tangerines but I may not have to as the wind may take care of it for me.
    Unfortunately it is supposed to continue like this through the weekend and get hot - over 80F! Like @ddmom0811 it is too hot for March!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    More late hours at work last night so another skipped run, but I did climb up and down 65 floors before I went home, so that's something.

I think I can get out of here at a normal time today and a good long, wet run in tonight.

wow
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @ddmom0811 - It is so sad that kids feel there is no other option. I also feel so bad for her friends and others at the school who have to deal with it too.

Missed that comment the first time. That is very sad. I hope someone is working with the kids of that school as they cope with the event. They will need love and help.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Celebrated my birthday today by doing a super intense full body workout at the gym. I usually stick to running and Zumba, so my abs and arms feel like they’ve been run over by a truck, but in a good way. Also got out yet again for c25k, and have an outdoor run planned for tomorrow. My friend who’s trying to start running only lives a couple of miles from my house, so I’m gonna run to her place and we shall commence week 2 of c25k from there! Here’s to being 20!
    March running
    3/6: 3.1 miles
    3/8: 3.1 miles
    3/10: 3.8 miles
    3/11: 1 mile
    3/12: 1 mile
    3/13: 1 mile
    Cumulative miles: 13 miles/I have no idea miles

Happy Birthday!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Do you ever have a feeling like your leg gives out while running? I had that twice right at the end. It was my calf muscle or side of calf that just felt a little numb and like it wasn't going to hold. No pain at all. I walked a bit and it seemed ok but then it happened again so I called it quits. Maybe just a little muscle spasm of some kind?

Yes. I have lost my complete right leg many times. It really sucks when you are at Walmart and have to get the groceries and somehow drive home still. Eventually, after x-rays and chiropractors and doctors who all failed to do anything to help, I learned it was the sciatic nerve being pinched, and I learned how to unpinch it from a PT. That PT saved me from back surgery.

Might not be your issue at all. Mine slowly got worse until it was debilitating.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    3/3: 2.32
    3/5: 1.68
    3/6: 3.05
    3/9: 2.22
    3/10: 1.71
    3/13: 3.13
    3/14: 2.34
    Total: 16.45

Me, upon finding out my husband brought home a dog: "I can take it for a walk, its been through training for tracking so it won't get tired."

Dog: *sniffs every surface along that mile stretch, including a 5 minute stop while it wonders what atrocities occurred where a deer had been hit by a truck two weeks ago.*

Me: *Worn out from coaxing the dog along my route* "Maybe I will take her for a shorter stretch of my walk tomorrow."

nose work is a job
    running is a job. and it can be trained. just like nose work :)
    my dogs are not allowed to sniff while we run. their job is to run.
    x8cbuuvh34he.png

Of course, puppy is laying in the puddle. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk.........Pushups
    03/01........00M.......3.5M........30
    03/02........20M.......0.0M........00
    03/03........00M.......0.0M........00 *injury*
    03/04........06M.......0.0M........00
    03/05........04M.......1.0M........00
    03/06........00M.......0.0M........25
    03/07........11M.......0.0M........00
    03/08........16M.......0.0M........00
    03/09........09M.......0.0M........00
    03/10........09M.......0.0M........00
    03/11........00M.......3.5M........00
    03/12........07M.......3.5M........00
    03/13........11M.......3.5M........4x10
    03/14........11M.......4.0M........4x10

---MTD: 19 miles walking, 95 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have a feeling like your leg gives out while running? I had that twice right at the end. It was my calf muscle or side of calf that just felt a little numb and like it wasn't going to hold. No pain at all. I walked a bit and it seemed ok but then it happened again so I called it quits. Maybe just a little muscle spasm of some kind?

Yes. I have lost my complete right leg many times. It really sucks when you are at Walmart and have to get the groceries and somehow drive home still. Eventually, after x-rays and chiropractors and doctors who all failed to do anything to help, I learned it was the sciatic nerve being pinched, and I learned how to unpinch it from a PT. That PT saved me from back surgery.

Might not be your issue at all. Mine slowly got worse until it was debilitating.

I was gonna say sciatica - my husband gets it but the side of his quad goes numb. Some sciatic specific hip stretches fixed it for him, maybe get a PT session for specific recommendations?