NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    March Runing Goal: 7/20 miles

3/1 1 mile
    3/2 1.5 mile
    3/4 1.5 mile
    3/14 2 miles
    3/18 1 mile

Still pushing along. It warmed up here pretty early today, making me realize I need to get out earlier. Spring has indeed sprung in Phoenix.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Aww @Lazy_Bones_85 so sorry to hear of your loss. What a sweet girl she was. (((Hugs &t Tears)))
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Aww @Lazy_Bones_85 so sorry to hear of your loss. What a sweet girl she was. (((Hugs &t Tears)))

Thank you.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 I am sorry for your loss. That picture is adorable.
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    @Lazy_Bones_85 I am sorry for your loss. That picture is adorable.

Thank you.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved Mia. I love that picture, such a sweet relationship and beautiful cat.

Welcome @yvonneangelgoh
  • saramagd
    saramagd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3/3: 3.1Km
    4/3: 12.2Km
    6/3: 4.0Km
    7/3: 6.0km
    10/3: 11.2Km
    14/3: 3.1Km
    18/3: 3.2Km

Total: 42.8Km
    Total to go: 25.2Km
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 sorry for your loss! Such a beautiful cat! <3
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat! It is hard to believe you could train her (training and cat rarely are seen in the same sentence ;) )
    Welcome @yvonneangelgoh.
    @mobycarp 17th of 1000 overall, and 1st of 64 in my age group is FANTASTIC! You the man!
    @midwesterner85 welcome back from gall bladder surgery! That is a strong comeback. Take it slow and easy!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Lazy_Bones_85 sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat! It is hard to believe you could train her (training and cat rarely are seen in the same sentence ;) )
    Welcome @yvonneangelgoh.
    @mobycarp 17th of 1000 overall, and 1st of 64 in my age group is FANTASTIC! You the man!
    @midwesterner85 welcome back from gall bladder surgery! That is a strong comeback. Take it slow and easy!

All this. Or as we said back in the day... "Ditto."
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Welcome @yvonneangelgoh.

All this. Or as we said back in the day... "Ditto."

I third this...
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    3-1 Rest
    3-2 10.5k easy
    3-3 11k slow
    3-4 10.5k recovery
    3-5 Rest
    3-6 7k slow
    3-7 10.5k easy
    3-8 Rest
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 7k recovery
    3-11 8.5k slow
    3-12 Rest
    3-13 7k slow
    3-14 7k easy
    3-15 Rest
    3-16 7k easy
    3-17 11k slow
    3-18 7k recovery
    3-19 Rest

March Total: 115k
    March Goal: 175k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day today. Sunny and cool again with light wind. Weather is supposed to improve temperature wise over the next week or so.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K (Registered)
    6-1 Freedom 5K (Will be off the schedule due to another commitment)
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm way behind but trying to catch up.

@workaholic_nurse wow! I'm so glad you came out of that with only minor injuries! Just one question though...when should we be there the cookout? I take my steak medium rare, btw. I'll bring some bacon.

@MobyCarp fantastic race! 2nd AG without even trying, dang!!

@HonuNui congrats on the 10K!

@katharmonic I've not heard of the I-35 challenge, but I have a half-hatched plan to someday run three October marathons, three weekends in a row. One series would be strictly in Minnesota (Twin Cities, Bemidji, and Mankato), the other series would be Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Des Moines. I hadn't considered Kansas City, but if my daughter still lives there when/if I ever do it, I might consider that instead.

@MegaMooseEsq In general, my thought process is:
    • Is it my "A" race for the year? Sign up for it right away for the motivation.
    • Is it one I really want to run but it usually sells out, or is a lottery? Sign up right away.
    • Does it save me a lot of money to sign up early? Consider signing up just before it goes up in price.
    • Does the race gradually increase in price the closer it gets? Sign up in time to get the shirt.
    I've had a few races I couldn't run because of injury or schedule changes, so it's a balance of having to pay more for signing up later vs. risking losing out entirely because you can't even go. When I injured my foot in October it took away two big races for me, a 10 mile trail race in Kansas City and an 8 hour race in Wisconsin. That would have been a $110 loss but the KC race director let me transfer my $65 fee to the race I did last month with Kody. That is VERY rare to be able to do that, so I was extremely grateful. FWIW, if I sign up for a race but can't make it, I do collect the shirt or other swag if I can.

@shanaber, the suicidal bug!!! I hate those! I'm glad the rest of your run was fantastic. That Super Bloom looks gorgeous. Sorry you couldn't see it.