March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @garygse Hope you feel better soon! Probably a good idea to take the day off tomorrow.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @garygse have a good 3-day weekend! Rest up, hydrate, abd you'll be back to 100% by Monday.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Dang...

Fit And Old: How This 72-Year Old Finished 2000 Marathons
    https://www.menshealth.com.sg/fitness/fit-and-old-72-year-old-finished-2000-marathons-larry-macon/
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    I'll be back. It's only a question of how much time it takes to come back. History suggests it takes less time if I admit that I'm injured as soon as I know than if I stay in denial and keep running for another week or two.

We all could learn from this :)

I was just thinking that. We are all very very good at ignoring niggles until they aren't. always a learning curve.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options

Wow!!! That's amazing. I like the fact that he doesn't have a training plan other than get out of the house and run.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    I'll be back. It's only a question of how much time it takes to come back. History suggests it takes less time if I admit that I'm injured as soon as I know than if I stay in denial and keep running for another week or two.

We all could learn from this :)

I was just thinking that. We are all very very good at ignoring niggles until they aren't. always a learning curve.

Runners vacillate between hypochondria and denial.

oh we are dying but maybe if we can just get one more run in... :wink:

thanks @HonuNui
    hugs to you and your friend. i'm sure this brings up some feelings for you too
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Just got back from a little shopping spree over my lunch break. A bought a North Face running hat, two pair of Drymax trail running socks, and a pair of arm sleeves. I get to wear them all tomorrow for my long run. I almost bought a pair of Salomon Sense Pro shoes on clearance for $50 but then I remembered they're a high drop shoe and I'm migrating to lower drop.

I think I may go back to the store again after work. They have a North Face jacket on clearance. It fits great and feels great, but I left it on the rack. Now I want it.
    6ftkzkr4hqhx.jpg

Score! GO GET THAT JACKET!