• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Karen- yup that's about the size of it.
    Sad isn't it..keep me all in your prayers I need something different
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Allie and Tracey-I interviewed for a new job too! I was the first interview and they will be interviewing "into next week" Ugh-patience is not a virtue. It would be an internal move at the university where I work. I have found (and have had confirmed by many) that university HR is the worst-slow and soooo bureaucratic. I know they want to fill the position quickly, so maybe I'll know something soon. If I don't get it I'll be disappointed, but I have an OK job now, so no biggy.

Allie-the right job will come along. It really does sound like you need to get out of where you are! I've worked for some "MIchaels" in the past and it is so stressful!

Tracey-good luck on the second meeting! Funny you should mention Excel. I use Excel all the time, but only the basics. We have free access to Lynda.com (an online training site) too through my university, so I'm in the middle of taking an Excel course that I really like so far. I.E. I can understand what the guy is talking about! So many times those kinds of courses go way too fast!

Speaking of dog's butts...my little guy has Giardia for the 3rd time!! It's a parasite that can take 3-4 rounds of antibiotics to eradicate. I will not describe the symptoms :)

I just got caught up on your posts...after a week they really accumulate! But I just can't skip anything-I have to read it all! OCD much? :)

Glad it is sunny and beautiful in Georgia!!!

Elizabeth GA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ Good advice to Allie! :)

Bought a new mattress pad and sheets for our Queen bed today. I don't know what the problem is but I think the sheets would almost fit a King sized bed. Difficult to put on.

Sneezing all day from the pollen! 7noinm0o91rk.png
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Rita I've been meaning to ask you if there is a story behind Alien Paul.

Karen in Virginia

Our Paul is named for the movie “Paul” where two English men were tracing along the Alien Highway and take him along for the ride. We traced most of the same route from this hilarious movie that came out around 2009. The English found Paul near Area 51 which we too drove by.

jg07blggymx3.jpeg

RV Rita in Roswell

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed Tracey!

Okie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Eaten well into my maintenance calories today. But not over. I seem to be doing that a lot recently. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see what the damage is. I should have maintained, but I find I have to go a bit under these days to stay the same. :'(

My bonus calories today were cleaning the house with my DH. I spent a lot of time micro-cleaning the kitchen, hob rings etc, so got a bit behind. I even washed the dining chairs. Done most of the important stuff and I can do my bathroom tomorrow. The potential cleaner is coming to inspect the house at 5 pm tomorrow. ;) DH and I have made an agreement to tidy up and sweep the front yard tomorrow for my yoga friend's first visit. Bit of weeding also required round the walls and manholes. I washed down the paintwork today. I love a clean and tidy house. If someone else can do it for me, then that is even better. :D I hope the cleaner can take us on.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    Options
    well I am home... End of the day Dr Pandey says let me know if something changes for tomorrow so that you can come in, and he tells Michael who has been there for 2 weeks enjoy your vacation.. see anything wrong with this picture?
    very hard to find something at my age... not saying that they cant discriminate , but they do..
    Will keep on looking..
    going to the movie next door- the book club
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Allie - I really enjoyed that movie. Maybe you could compromise to show the Doctor you care and go in around the electrician visit. It might be good for a future reference.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So I have separated my snacks onto baggies👍! I have put u cereal, coconut flakes, chopped dates, and some veggie chips!

I am going to eat simply because it seems to be the only thing I can control.

Breakfast will be yogurts, or yogurts with dates or coconut. Then my vitamins with grapefruit juice. Lunch or dinner will be a Slim fast drink. Having snacks that are 70-130 calories. Yeah me!

Still waiting for info about if the credit check went thru, and we each filled an online application. When we get it, I will post pics. If you're on my FB friends list, I can pm the house listing to you. Just send my a private message if you wanna see.

💗Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Margaret
    Dont you worry he drives me insane.but I dont bring it up ,he will cook his own goose
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla Happy 49th Anniversary! That is an amazing milestone...half a century, almost, with your husband. If I had stayed married to my ex, we would have celebrated our 46th anniversary last fall! Oh my goodness, that feels odd to me. We are good friends now. We were married for over 10 years, and that seemed like an eternity, LOL!

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    >>>>>>
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    STATS for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.30min, 12.6amph, 136mhr, 1.5mi= 85c
    ELIPTICAL- 29min, 3750strides, 144mhr, 13ncl, 10esist, 2.84mi= 220c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.12min, 132mhr, 17amph, 1.4mi= 52c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14min, 12.9amph, 152mhr,3mi= 157c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.01min, 9.44min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 70c
    jog wrk 2 sta, WINDAY- 5min, 10min mi, 152mhr .4mi= 66c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDY- 20.49min 7.6amph, 148mhr, 2.6mi=206c

total cal 856
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, happy anniversary. Not only do some people not stay married that long, many people don't live that long. You have so much to put on your gratitude list.

:)Rebecca, Eating the same thing every day is one of the things that has helped me lose weight and keep it off. It doesn't work for everyone, but I maybe it will work as well for you as it worked for me.

:)Allie, Those are great suggestions you got from Margaret. I think they will help you get along in your current job and smooth the way to a new one.

:) Today my line dance class helped me celebrate my birthday with a table of snacks at the break and a card and gift card from Costco. I love dancing with them every week so this is just icing on the cake for me.

<3 Barbie from cloudy NW WA