WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Pip ~ I love that little fireplace tucked into the wall. I have never seen anything like that! :)

Tracy ~ Fingers crossed that the next interview will seal the deal and you will have a job you love.

Allie ~ I think you are right in using your inner guide to determine what you need to be doing. And, like others have said, the right door will open for you when it is the right time.

Prayers for all those facing the flooding! 🙏

Welcome to all the new chatters!

BnL has been in the hospital since last Saturday. He is having severe memory problems and his heart is fluctuating. They are doing a test this AM to see if he has a possible blood clot. If that is OK, they will shock his heart to stabilize it. My DH is the only one he can be depended on to see about him. It has been a nerve wrecking week. At this point, we don't know exactly what we can do as we have no legal rights to authorize funds, etc.

Carol in GA

Kirby put that in
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Allie - I'm so sorry about the job rejection letter. I hope you find something soon. I've worked in poor situations in the past. It's not fun or healthy.

Connie from OK - welcome...rarely do I find 2 Connies in one group.

Happy Spring to everybody...even though it is gray and chilly here in KY.

Connie in KY
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip I agree with Carol! That little fireplace is charming!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip I agree with Carol! That little fireplace is charming!

Karen in Virginia

Thx, the house was built in 1906 but when we moved in it had electric heat but did have a gas line so there u go
  • pipcd34
    Options
    STATS for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.34min, 12.9amph, 132mhr, 1.5mi= 82c
    lateral machine- 28min, lvl5, 6resist, 127mhr, 112ahr, 2.23mi= 206c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.02min, 139mhr, 17.6amph, 1.4mi= 58c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.08min, 12.9amph, 149mhr,3mi= 149c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.18min, 10.35min mi, 144mhr, .5mi= 54c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.20min, 9.44min mi, 148mhr, .4mi= 75c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDY!!- 19.52min, 7.9amph, 148mhr, 2.6mi= 195c

total cal 894
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Michele - can’t wait to see Bugs. I love all of your ceramics.

Allie - I don’t blame you for not compromising for Michael, maybe if he was nicer people would be more willing to work with him.
    - I understand what you mean about God keeping you in this job. I just hope he can give you some peace while he keeps you there.

Katie - hope you get an estimate you can live with.

Sue - My girls are 2 years and 2 days apart. My eldest cut my youngest ones hair and her curls never came back. Like you, I was probably in the bathroom too. They could get into things so fast! Apparently when I was little I drank Javex, I bet my Mom was in the bathroom too. Sorry you’re missing a visit.

Dana - love your bunny! I host paint nights, I hadn’t thought of doing shapes, what a great idea. I scrapbook too, although I haven’t made any in a while.

Viv - I truly understand the decluttering issues. I am a saver myself. Just a few months ago I finally went through my cedar chest my Dad made for me. I did manage to throw out the guest books that hadn’t been filled out from my grandparents and great grandparents funerals and some sympathy cards from people I’ve never heard of. It was a battle with myself doing it. My next task in there is going through diaries from both Grandmothers and my Mother.

Carol - I think you mentioned a while ago that your husband was concerned about your BIL not having orders in place. Hopefully he understands the importance after this.

Vicki - glad to read your GS wasn’t injured, sorry to hear he then had to deal with water.

Finally caught up, I received an email early last evening telling me to expect an Excel and Word test in my email. I realized that it had been a long time since I have used excel with some of its intended functions so I started doing some online tests. I was failing miserably. I worried about it all night and got up this morning and practiced some more. I don’t have Excel on my computer at home so went to a friends and played on hers for three hours today. I am feeling more comfortable now and they haven’t sent me the tests.

I have looked up some of the terminology they used in the job description I was given to prepare for tomorrow’s meeting.

I have also complete my 5K walk tonight, it was bright and sunny and the temperature in the car was deceiving as there is a breeze and it was a cool walk.

Off now to have a bath and wash my hair so that I can straighten it for tomorrow.

Tracey In Edmonton

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up, I received an email early last evening telling me to expect an Excel and Word test in my email. I realized that it had been a long time since I have used excel with some of its intended functions so I started doing some online tests. I was failing miserably. I worried about it all night and got up this morning and practiced some more. I don’t have Excel on my computer at home so went to a friends and played on hers for three hours today. I am feeling more comfortable now and they haven’t sent me the tests.

Tracey In Edmonton

It's a very good idea to be right up to date on the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint ... and if your work will be with data at all, Access.

Every opportunity I get, I take upgrade courses. The only thing in Excel I'm a little bit weak on are Pivot Tables. They haven't been something I've used on a regular basis. Good for you for getting some practice in!

What amazes me is when my fellow IT students can't use Word and Excel!! :open_mouth:

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did part of the ProForm Get Strong, Sexy and Skinny DVD. Not bad. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stair stepper. Haven’t done that in a long time.

Drkatie – whenever there’s problem, Vince always searches on the net about it. Perhaps if you searched, you can find out what that little piece is an how to disconnect it.

Viv – what is a carvery?

Trish – I was surprise, too, at how many calories are in a sweet potato. Many times I’ll only have ½ of one

Welcome everyone new!

Katla – Craftsman tools are being sold in Lowe’s Hardware around here. The Sears in Daytona Beach went out of business as did the one in Titusville, but not the one here. Go figure! I very seldom see people in that store and it’s not like they carry that much at a decent price. I just went and got the shorts since I could get 2 pairs for $1

After the Green Room Vince and I went bowling. He seems to really be into practicing. Then we loaded as much as we could to take to the shower. Tomorrow night we’ll probably pack my suitcase.

Vickie – I’m so sorry about your GS

Allie – my kind of shopper!

Dana – great news from the eye MD. Happy early birthday

Tracey – good luck tomorrow

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Sue – sorry to hear you’re missing your visit, but no one would enjoy it if all were sick.

Viv – if Dad downstairs isn’t in the cards, what about an electric pot upstairs so at least mom doesn’t have to carry hot tea up the stairs?

Machka – that sentiment is wonderful

Allie – you take such good care of DFIL I do wish you could get a job there or at another senior home….

Kim from N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Still flooding going in our area. They are saying it will go on until May. We should be okay where we live. They are starting to close some roads to prepare for the flooding. These roads have closed in past floods too. We are above 32 during the day and freezing at night. No rain or snow this week too. This conditions are helping the snow melt slowly and helping keep the flooding less serious. One of the storm drain is completely clear. The other that was deeply buried in snow and ice is better, but not completely clear. The creek near is us is higher but it has a number of sewer points built into it to help keep it from getting too high. The also built in some embankments to hold back water too when they did the watershed project 30 years ago.

At least it is finally starting to warm up. We got a 50 today!!!!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Ah! The energy of a Virgo Moon! Joe made a pile of stuff from the garage for donating to the humane society, and another bigger pile of "trash". 80% of the trash pile was recyclables so got rid of that after T'ai Chi. Donated the stuff on second trip into town for first meeting of the day. All part of clearing garage and kitchen for stove delivery and propane installers.

Pat in OH, thanks for the link to fiber information, a lot to absorb ;}
    Yvonne :love: Forrest. Lucky dog to have such a patient and loving foster mom.
    pip is that Yogi in his element? Sorry I forget which dogs' names are which, but I love Love LOVE them all! Ditto Carol, Karen in VA and Dana, love that fireplace alcove. Just right for a house built in 1906. By any chance is it a Queen Anne?
    Tracey Eeeee! for the callback. Javex? You drank Bleach???
    Margaret brilliant suggestion to Allie!
    Katla (((hugs))) to you and your pooch. Scooter is going in next week for a dental $$$ too. Soon our furbabies will be feeling better!
    Barbie "fleece lined leggings under jeans, down jackets and hats" it must be Spring! hahahahahahaha!
    Kay I really hate that our appliances are so short lived these days.
    Dana, lookin' good and not just your bunny!
    Suebdew comet changed red hair to green? Yikes!
    Evelyn I'm unfamiliar with the word strata in this context, could you enlighten me? ". We live in a strata and there are a couple of flowerbeds along the driveway into the main part of the complex. "
    Viv, likewise I'm unfamiliar with the word "carvery"?
    Carol ((hugs)) for you and your DH and his brother.
    Vickie so glad your DGS wasn't hurt!
    Heather hearing about your adventures reminds me how much I loved Brighton when I visited there in the 70's. Thanks!

Welcome Almagreatness, does your 6 year old granddaughter have another grandmother who is her "old grandma"? :devil:
    Welcome Jenn!

Stove guy asked me if the electric stove worked. "Perfectly, I just can't adjust to cooking on electric. I burn things, shriek and cry." When he guy pulled it out...
    the insulation over the power wires cracked and crumbled in his hands. "This is not right!" he cried. "And the connections are loose. Could have started a fire." Had I not insisted on a propane stove, we could have been burned to death. We never thought of the hazards of electricity when debating the dangers of propane. Who'd've thunk it?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 19/31, 60 g protein 18/31, rx/vits 18/31, meditate 11/31, knee exercises 11/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 13/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 12/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/18 LT: SWSY-N MT: weed driveway-Y ST: empty stove drawer-Y
    03/19 LT: SWSY-N MT: donate garage stuff to Humane Society thrift store-Y ST: Recycle-Y
    03/20 LT: SWSY-N MT: Firehouse and dog group meetings-Y, ST: Postpone Rebekah, call stove delivery scheduler-Y
    03/21 LT: SWSY-N, MT: pics to Doreen, presentation questions to SUe, presentation to Aaron-Ym ST: listen to Ray-Y
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    And now - Ta-DAH! the big news of the day!

Congratulations!! :)

M in Oz