Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the stair stepper today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some Wii Training games

Went to the Social Security office to drop off a form, only they are moving so I need to mail it. Then went to PetSmart but they didn’t have what we wanted. Then to Office Depot to laminate two papers for Newcomers. The people who subbed for me at the general meeting in Feb. thought they must have left them there. I just made new ones. Who knows? They might be there, they might not. Sure isn’t worth a trip to the airport (where they have the meetings) to get them. It cost $6 tho. I didn’t think it was that expensive!

Trucker – woohooo you hottie

The people are moving in next door. It must be a local move because it looks like the uHaul isn’t very full and it’s been here a few times today. Like they fill it (but not very packed), empty it, then go back for more and empty that

M – (((HUGS))))

Allie – I would put my phone on silent too. As a matter of fact, if someone called me to work and I didn’t feel like it, if I saw their name on the caller ID I just didn’t answer the phone

Vince is NOT happy about having to “dress up” for this shower. I’m wearing a pantsuit so I would think he should wear Dockers and a nice shirt. To him, that’s dressing up. Well, it IS being held in a ballroom with an open bar. Need to go pack right now.

Rita – when you mentioned Area 51, that reminded me of what happened to us shortly after we moved to Hickory. See, Vince got this Area 51 parking sticker off eBay. It looks very authentic. Anyway, we were in the parking lot of the apartment complex we lived in at first and this lady comes up to Vince saying “are you the guy who used to work at Area 51? I saw your parking permit.” We just thought it was funny that she really thought that was a genuine parking permit

Heather – what are hob rings?

Katla – happy anniversary. Hope you do make it to 50 – that would be awesome. Not many people make it to 50

Allie – depending on when the electrician gets there, perhaps you can go in after he leaves. It’ll make you look that much better

Barbie happy birthday.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    What's the minimum amount of exercise you need to stay healthy?
    https://www.abc.net.au/life/whats-the-minimum-amount-of-exercise-i-need-to-stay-healthy/10639592

"That's an absolute minimum of two and a half hours of moderate intensity activity, or one and a half hours of high-intensity activity, per week to stay healthy. (Ideally, you'd be doing double that.)"

Well ... I've done 19 hours of exercise so far this month, so that's about 5.8 hours a week. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Yesterday was our 49th wedding anniversary. We had a delicious dinner at home and made plans for our 50th next year. We want to visit the site where we were married and are hoping our kids can be there with us. Keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be in good health and I hope that it will come true.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Happy Anniversary!! :)

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbie💖, like I stated its the one thing I can control.👍. I feel empowered about it all. Taking a stressful situation like moving, and turning it into a positive!💗. I hope it works for me too! Your words are appreciated!
    💗Rebecca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Katla - Happy Anniversary!!

3tgg65u0n0n5.gif

Barbie - Happy Birthday!!

uq8z3rlh12sf.gif

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barbie!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Katla!

:D:drinker: :flowerforyou: <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Michele/Barbara a carvery is where you go up to the counter to order your meal (decide whether you want a small standard or large plate). They give you a bit of paper to take to another counter where the chef will carve your decided meat from various large joints of meat, the vegetables are self service and you walk down the counter choosing as much as you like, then take your plate back to your table (as opposed to waitress service).

Kim that is a good idea about a pot/kettle upstairs. It will take a bit of organising, but could be done. I’ll have to suggest clearing out some stuff from dads room to make a tea/coffee station. Or if mum was worried that he’d try to make a hot drink and scald himself, we could make space in mums room, but she would need to have a re-shuffle.

Katia Happy Anniversary

Trucker congrats on your weight loss. Go you!

Barbie Happy Birthday

Lots to do this morning, so better get a wiggle on it's almost 9am already but have caught up with 5 pages!!

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Sharon welcome to onederland............WTG WOOOHOOOO!

Happy Friday everyone, despite being in the thick of "high" season for work, I made a plan to go out to dinner with DH last night, just needed to take a hard stop on just being in work mode and spend a little time being "romantic" ;);) We had a light dinner out and it was such a nice change of pace from the usual work week mayhem. Proud of myself for setting aside work obsessions and focus on "US" DH continues to eat healthier than ever and has maintained his new lower weight, yeah him!

But now back to the grind, working a 14 hour day today then a full day Saturday. It's all worthwhile, but aches and pains (escpecially my left elbow) make me think, how long do I keep at this? Short answer: For as long as I have to to make this work for my family.

NYKAREN

I'm glad you got a bit of a break. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    They couldn't do the test for the possible blood clot on my BnL yesterday so will try again today. He was lucid enough yesterday to explain to my husband where he could access his papers/computer. So, at least my husband will be able to pay any bills that may be due...they are all on the computer.

Carol in GA

Sorry to hear about your BnL. :(

And I'm glad you were able to communicate with him. It's so important that we write down instructions for those sorts of things for our loved ones.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!!

I think we've got a few other March birthdays either just past or coming up too.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up , got a text from my best friend who is up from North Carolina for her grandsons 6th birthday, met at a restaurant down the street with extended family and had a blast.. didnt cost me anything, they had dinner and I had a glass of water..but the conversation and friendship is always wonderful...
    the time that the electrician is here today is the time I work... he will be here from around 9-1 and I work 7:30-1 so we shall see how it all goes..
    while he is working, I will stay in my room and go through my closet and purge more clothes.. take them to a consignment shop.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening! Happy Saturday! My doc squeezed me in yesterday morning for the post op appointment and everything came back benign (whew!). So...business as usual, much to my relief. She asked if I was interested in a couple of different procedures(surgeries) to fix the irregular cycle. I declined those offers. lol If I know the irregularity is not due to anything "bad", I will deal with it. I figure I only have a few more years (less would be great) before I am completely through menopause.
    So...I am now drinking my way through cupofcoffeenumber1, while Trentin is snuggled on the couch in the living room watching the Sandlot. His mom left his car seat, so that he can do the shopping and run errands with me. We will leave here after his movie is done and our errands should keep us out of the house until 1:30 or 2:00. Lunch when we get home, he will probably play while I get some baking started; then his mom comes at 4:30. Should be an easy day!
    I hope it is sunny today. I have been struggling all week with parents not bringing proper outdoor wear for the kids. I think that is a crazy midwestern thing; as soon as the snow melts and the sun comes out, people think short sleeves, no jackets are good for themselves/kids. It has still been in the 30s-40s all week. Too cold not to have a winter coat on!
    Almagreatness- Good on you for getting into the gym and getting things done! Whoot! Your little Nathan is adorable!
    My name is KJ (Kelly), by the way. I am 52, 5'8" tall, and need to lose about 80 pounds. I found this group in January of 2016 and these ladies are definitely my touchpoint and sounding board on life and health! I consider this group to be one of my most valuable assets!
    Pip- I absolutely adore that water pic of Yogi! The texture and detail in it is fantastic! Not to mention his sweet face!
    Rita- You have had a busy season in the park! Rain, floods, mud, fire; plus the greeting of campers and maintaining of grounds...I am surprised you have time/energy to play games. Maybe you need to pass the iPad to Alien Paul!? lol
    Machka - Love your potato patch! I have vivid memories of pulling up the potatoes in my aunts garden. She was a widow with five children (they were the same ages as my siblings and I) and she would have my parents drop us (sibs and I) off with her for a week each summer. Eleven kids total! She kept us busy by having us work her garden (it was a big one) for a couple hours every day. My older sibs HATED it, but I loved pulling those potatoes out of the ground! It was like a treasure hunt!
    Heather- Have a great weekend with your friend and good luck with your potential new cleaner!
    Barbie- Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
    Katla- Happy anniversary! Did you say 49 years?! That is just mind-boggling to me!
    Allie- I am with the other girls in regards to your job. Hang in there! Keep your chin up and keep looking elsewhere for a better situation!

Well, I need to get things ready for our shopping trip, so I better scoot! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, just catching up, working the last few days 12 hour shifts and I got way behind. I am pretty happy this week, down a couple of pounds and bought some new, used clothes off marketplace on facebook, they look brand new and are a size medium. I love it when clothes make me feel good even at 64, I felt hot, LOL. The flooding is starting to recede and with both dams holding back water for now it might not be as bad as they predicted this weekend. We need it to be dry because we have so many failed levee's and the dam which broke there is nothing to hold back water. I was hoping to have a few days off to go help with clean up in one of neighboring towns that got hit bad but ended up working lots of extra this week so no help from me except for clothes and some cleaning supplies I donated. Breaks my heart to see our many cattle and lifestock was lost in these floods, when the price of beef goes way up you will know why. Congratulations Tucker on reaching onederland, , I remember doing the happy dance when I hit that. Love all the photos of the beautiful dogs. I retire in 7 months and plan on volunteering with out local rescue. I am too far behind to comment to all but you are all doing great with the exercise, wow, I have hit the gym 3 times, loving exercising again.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Barbara AHMOD - wow, lucky you ordered your new range for sure. Glad you'll be cookin' with gas and that electric range will be out the door. Also was happy to hear 101 has a fix to let so me traffic through. Slow going but at least useable.

Barbie - Happy Birthday! Costco gift card = perfect present I think, your line dancing class has some neat gals. Yes, here's the rain so we got a little respite from weeding and trimming.

Katla - Happy Anniversary! 49 years - where did the time go? DH and I made it to 42 years last month.

Sharon in Seattle
    - woo hoo (in a good way) for your loss!! Doing great!! Happy dancing will now commence! <3

Allie - Margaret did a great job of summing up your work situation. What exactly does Michael do there - a degree in Finance seems over qualified for a small office, but maybe he's doing other things for Dr. Pandy regarding his personal investments or something? I presume he's doing the billing/books/insurance work kind of behind the scenes and keeping tabs on the front office staff and other staff. Hope he works on his people skills and realizes he needs to be kind and understanding with the rest of his co-workers.

Tracey
    - I'd hire you in a heartbeat. Brushing up on your skills and your great personality, what's not to like? Don't want to jinx it so hope you get this job or something better.

Machka- new/fresh potatoes sound yummy. Great to hear you are getting your weights set up and the rowing machine is put together.

Heather - hope this new cleaner will be OK and meet your needs. I appreciate mine SSSOOOO much. We left both dogs in the house with her the whole time this past Tuesday and it worked great, tho she said Rosie the mini schnauzer came to inspect the job at times and told her how to do things, lol. Not barking, just talking. :)

Wow it's been a tough week for friends and acquaintances losing their little dogs to hidden cancers/brain tumors, you name it. Seems like once they get over 10, anything can happen. The animal shelter has NO little dogs and a waiting list for smaller ones. DH and I talk about when something happens to ours, if they don't outlive us, would we get another and if so, what kind? I'm thinking a little poodle mix of some type mainly because of the hair type and allergies. Plus they are so smart.

AND my PC is acting up. Must have been a Windows Update - javascript has been disabled and I haven't had a chance to poke around and see what the fix is or bug DH about it. He has had bad knee pain and finally after I nagged him for days, put an ice pack on it. Voila, pain gone. Nothing is swollen, just a nerve flaring on the bottom of the kneecap or maybe a touch of bursitis there. He iced it twice yesterday and needs to keep on it for a bit. He can walk, tho slowly.

Anyone hear from Meg in Omaha?

Have any of you ever used Kinesiology tape? I taped my foot (the bottom) after watching how to do it on YouTube. I finally broke down and made an appointment with the podiatrist, will see him this Wednesday. I don't know if it's Morton's Neuroma or just the "metatarsalgia" or capsulitis or what. I want to take yoga but cannot walk on a bare floor with my left foot because of the pain, even with a type of yoga slipper until I get this darn foot thing cleared up. I'm amazed I get over 6000 steps most days but need to increase walking.

Welcome new ladies!! Hugs to those who need them!!!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Kelly Glad for your benign results! Happy Day!

Barbie Happy Birthday!

Machka Your potato patch looks like an ornamental landscaping feature. I love it.

Lanette Ouchy foot. I hope the podiatrist can help with your metatarsal pain. I used to have plantar fasciitis so bad I almost boo-hoo'd every time I stood up. It felt as if the devil was coming up from the depths of hell and stabbing my heels with a hot poker, LOL! It was less painful just to stay on my feet. Crocs cured the problem.

My partner & I file taxes separately. I did hers yesterday & she is getting a refund! I doubt I will be as lucky, but we are both thrilled for her outcome. We were apprehensive because of the new tax laws.

Today I am going to get my tax stuff organized & if I have everything I need, get started. It's going to be a nice day outside, so will clean up a perennial bed and put down paper & clippings to keep weeds down around my 2 little raised beds. Maybe I will sow some lettuce/greens seeds or some other early crop. We'll see how much time & energy I have.

Thinking of Meg, & Penny, & others we haven't heard from in awhile.

++++++++
    Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Took the Actonel and then did an hour on the Wii for the training games. Found some games that I really haven’t done so I might do the training games again pretty soon. If Denise has Internet, the plan is to do a Yoga Works DVD.

Heather – I guess I’m with you. In a way you could say that I’m obsessed with exercise. I like to do it every day and try to find a way to do it.

Viv – sounds to me like a carvey is a buffet over here. Thanks for informing me

M – congrats on the heavier weights

KJ – what a relief!

Well, we’ll probably be leaving soon. Gonna post this for now. See you all when we get back.

Michele in NC