WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,187 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Machka: (((Hugs))) and extreme admiration!

☘️ Terri

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Sharon welcome to onederland............WTG WOOOHOOOO!

Happy Friday everyone, despite being in the thick of "high" season for work, I made a plan to go out to dinner with DH last night, just needed to take a hard stop on just being in work mode and spend a little time being "romantic" ;);) We had a light dinner out and it was such a nice change of pace from the usual work week mayhem. Proud of myself for setting aside work obsessions and focus on "US" DH continues to eat healthier than ever and has maintained his new lower weight, yeah him!

But now back to the grind, working a 14 hour day today then a full day Saturday. It's all worthwhile, but aches and pains (escpecially my left elbow) make me think, how long do I keep at this? Short answer: For as long as I have to to make this work for my family.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,723 Member
    Options
    I am up watched Joyce and had my tea.. I didn't sleep well at all last night fell asleep i think before 7 and was awake at 10, tossed and turned and finally fell back asleep.. ugh
    I hope and pray that Michael doesn't try and pull a fast one call out sick tomorrow, as I have to be here for the electrician... but I wouldn't put it past him either..
    going to go hop in the shower and get ready and go walk my boys and feed DFIL.. then come home take Alfie for a walk and then go to work..
    I think while the electrician is here, I will weed through my closet and start putting some of my winter stuff away, getting out last years summer stuff and take it to the consignment shop as I have alot of 2-3x capri's and pants that will be to big :D .
    any money that I get on little things I put into savings..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    Options
    Machka - Great article! I still have to get round to Lasting Power of Attorney, mainly because DH is very resistant, but I think , if I put it in front of him, he might sign on. My near miss with the traffic the other day might make him realise how quickly everything can change.

Sharon - Hooray! I bet you are deeeeelighted! !! <3

Very noisy here today. There are about four houses nearby that are having stuff done to them now that spring is here. New roofs, extensions etc. The one almost directly behind us is having a new extension by the look of it. Today they are knocking down the old extension with a drill. Ugh! It is really loud in the bedroom where I write in the mornings.
    I am not looking forward to the time when the houses either side of us get renovated. They both need it, so when the owners move it will be all systems go. We are detached, but the noise is likely to be horrible.

Cleaning day today with my DH. Let's hope it goes as well as last week. :D My new potential cleaner is coming to interview my house tomorrow. :laugh:

I've got to think about what food to buy in for my old yoga friend on Monday. She is coming on the train. She is a very conservative eater. No spicy food garlic etc. I think I will poach a chicken in the IP and have it cold with salad stuff so she can make her own sandwiches. Put in what she likes. It's only lunch. She does like sorbet, so I might make my lovely raspberry one if I can get the frozen raspberries.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Yeah Sharon!! Congratulations on Onederland!!!

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Ah! The energy of a Virgo Moon! Joe made a pile of stuff from the garage for donating to the humane society, and another bigger pile of "trash". 80% of the trash pile was recyclables so got rid of that after T'ai Chi. Donated the stuff on second trip into town for first meeting of the day. All part of clearing garage and kitchen for stove delivery and propane installers.

Pat in OH, thanks for the link to fiber information, a lot to absorb ;}
    Yvonne :love: Forrest. Lucky dog to have such a patient and loving foster mom.
    pip is that Yogi in his element? Sorry I forget which dogs' names are which, but I love Love LOVE them all! Ditto Carol, Karen in VA and Dana, love that fireplace alcove. Just right for a house built in 1906. By any chance is it a Queen Anne?
    Tracey Eeeee! for the callback. Javex? You drank Bleach???
    Margaret brilliant suggestion to Allie!
    Katla (((hugs))) to you and your pooch. Scooter is going in next week for a dental $$$ too. Soon our furbabies will be feeling better!
    Barbie "fleece lined leggings under jeans, down jackets and hats" it must be Spring! hahahahahahaha!
    Kay I really hate that our appliances are so short lived these days.
    Dana, lookin' good and not just your bunny!
    Suebdew comet changed red hair to green? Yikes!
    Evelyn I'm unfamiliar with the word strata in this context, could you enlighten me? ". We live in a strata and there are a couple of flowerbeds along the driveway into the main part of the complex. "
    Viv, likewise I'm unfamiliar with the word "carvery"?
    Carol ((hugs)) for you and your DH and his brother.
    Vickie so glad your DGS wasn't hurt!
    Heather hearing about your adventures reminds me how much I loved Brighton when I visited there in the 70's. Thanks!

Welcome Almagreatness, does your 6 year old granddaughter have another grandmother who is her "old grandma"? :devil:
    Welcome Jenn!

Stove guy asked me if the electric stove worked. "Perfectly, I just can't adjust to cooking on electric. I burn things, shriek and cry." When he guy pulled it out...
    the insulation over the power wires cracked and crumbled in his hands. "This is not right!" he cried. "And the connections are loose. Could have started a fire." Had I not insisted on a propane stove, we could have been burned to death. We never thought of the hazards of electricity when debating the dangers of propane. Who'd've thunk it?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 19/31, 60 g protein 18/31, rx/vits 18/31, meditate 11/31, knee exercises 11/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 13/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 12/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/18 LT: SWSY-N MT: weed driveway-Y ST: empty stove drawer-Y
    03/19 LT: SWSY-N MT: donate garage stuff to Humane Society thrift store-Y ST: Recycle-Y
    03/20 LT: SWSY-N MT: Firehouse and dog group meetings-Y, ST: Postpone Rebekah, call stove delivery scheduler-Y
    03/21 LT: SWSY-N, MT: pics to Doreen, presentation questions to SUe, presentation to Aaron-Ym ST: listen to Ray-Y

Bullwinkle is the oldest, she is the darker golden. Will b 14 this year. Floyd is the middle one, the lighter golden, the one in the shades, he will b 10 this year. Yogi is the youngest, he is the black lab, he just turned 5
  • pipcd34
    Options
    vtctw8gxbb1h.jpeg
    csk0m793ctpc.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,937 Member
    Options
    :)Sharon, congratulations.

:)Evie, your yard improvements look great. Too bad that your bulbs are so sad right now. I have been very grateful for this surprise bit of spring we've had in the PNW and recognize that the much needed rain will end my blissful days of puttering in the garden.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Pat ~ Regarding fiber...I discovered Nature's Own Life High Fiber bread. Each slice has only 50 calories and 4 grams of fiber.

Tracey ~ Good luck today on you interview. I only have the vaguest of basic knowledge of Excel. I loved doing Power Points when I was teaching but that was 10 yrs ago.

NY Karen ~ Glad you had your date night and sorry your work load is so tough right now.

Evie ~ The landscape ties look great and so do your plants. I am sure they will wake up.

They couldn't do the test for the possible blood clot on my BnL yesterday so will try again today. He was lucid enough yesterday to explain to my husband where he could access his papers/computer. So, at least my husband will be able to pay any bills that may be due...they are all on the computer.

I am being very consistent in doing my knee exercises so hoping I will do very well after the knee replacement.

Carol in GA

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    Miss a couple days and over 300 posts behind! Too many things going on! Committed to to many things. Spacing out at night playing iPad games has got to STOP!

RV Rita chastising myself.....
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ~~~~
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita I've been meaning to ask you if there is a story behind Alien Paul.

Karen in Virginia
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, we live in a townhouse complex, there are 10 of us. It's classed as a strata because there are common areas, roofs and outer walls included. We pay monthly strata fees that, theoretically, will pay for roofs and outer walls when/should they fail. There are a few more rules than when you own a stand alone house, but there are advantages too. Like when the roof needs re-doing, you shouldn't need to come up with the $$$ to do it!
    Evelyn, Vancouver lsland
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Allie So Michael is going away for the weekend without regard to the needs of the practice. Dr. Pandey asked you to come in despite having told you you did not have to work any more weekends. That is not right. I hope you find a new job.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    [[[
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,059 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Allie I would think since he just started in on probation. It is up to your boss to decide what to do about him. From what you said he does not sound like a good fit. I agree I would not trust Micheal. If he gets the patients to spend the extra money your boss wants he may forgive him. He is sure to take credit for positive changes in the bottom line and from what you said he will be quick to lay blame on someone other than himself if the bottom line is struggling.

Stay in good contact with your boss with letting him know the positive things you are doing to keep the office running smoothly. I would be careful about what you say about Micheal. Let him sabotage himself without your help. When you interview for you next job you can promote yourself by telling your next employer all the things you do to keep an office running smoothly. You may be asked how do you handle a difficult patient or colleague. Practice on Micheal how you can productively handle such a person. You will ace your next interview.

If it were me I would work tomorrow because it makes you look like you have the office best interest at heart and Micheal does not! The other advantage is you know he will not be there and you can ask for a different day off and another day without Micheal. WIN! WIN!

I agree it is best to keep looking. Do what you need to do to keep your current job until you find the right fit.

:heart:
    Margaret