WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,196 Member
    Auntiebk they checked for pollution by the types of invertebrates the kids find. Certain ones can’t live in pollution at all. There were three levels for the kids to identify 1-3 with 1 being very good. Ours fell in 1-2 because the water is salty.

Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Glad my DH is sitting in the same room as me tonight, watching VERA.
    If he wasn't there I would be clearing the house of anything edible. :*:#
    Why, why, why?
    Glad I have a policeman on the premises. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    NO water in basement!!!!Yeah!!! I did order an extra long extension for our downspout in the back. . I would not have had to do so much water removal if we had a longer extension. Now it is dodge the pot hole season.

I went to painting class today we painted on canvas bags. Something different. Instructor did paint bags with white paint ahead of time so they didn't use quite as much paint. Nice to get out. I have stayed home for the past few days to do what I could so our basement didn't flood. One person at the painting class said her son was helping a neighbor where she got water coming in her front door. Awful.

Hardware stores have had a good year. Roof rakes, snow blowers, now sump pumps.

:heart: Margaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Dana - Thanks for the tip on Dress Barn. I didn’t know they have talls. I buy 99% of my pants/jeans/leggings from JJill. I usually buy when they’re 30% off or when they go on clearance.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Its funny we never seem to find the length. I have a pair of dress pants from Macy's that are a "short" and I think they're almost two inches too long. I'm 5'2". :) Both of my girls are 5'8" and complain continuously on the shortness of pants/jeans. Go figure.

Janetr OKC
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Lisa: I love that your son is choosing community college first. I teach in a community college, and it's one of the most rewarding jobs I've had. Studies have shown that students who start in community college perform better in university than students who start at a 4 year university.

NZ: How horrific! I'm so tired of the hate and the violence. All this does is create more animosity.

Have to admit...I ate chocolate today! I was a bit stressed, and I couldn't resist.

Connie
    KY
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,081 Member
    b4leaving wrote: »
    Here are the boys the first day they got here, hiding in the litter box:

cumocvmh3d5a.png

and here they are about a week later, happy and wanting pets:

raomt6ape3te.png

They only come out and want pets at night, mostly (which is why it was difficult to get a picture of them - the ones at night just don't turn out and the flash scares them). During the day they sleep in the hidey-box I made them. I think this is because of the schedule at the shelter - people are only there during the day and they felt safer at night with no humans around.

They are really funny because they are not used to be around people doing normal things. Sometimes I will go in and read in the room with them and they walk up and look at me and sniff me, and walk all around me like they are trying to figure out what to do. I also had to do some stretches for my hip, so I took the yoga mat in there and did them and they did the same thing. I'm totally in love. Oh, and we named them Cardigan and Trolley (in remembrance of Mr. Rogers - and because one of them looks like he's wearing a cardigan when he stands up).

Love this! Thanks for sharing, and bless you for bringing your love and attention to these precious kitties.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Well tonight turned out a little different than I thought it would ..I amngoing to see Fleetwood Mac he had an extra ticket..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,990 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    stats for the day:

nice enough to ride home in bike shorts only!!

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.48min, 12.1amph, 132mhr, 1.5mi= 98c
    TREADMILL slow jog- 32.28min, 10.27min mi, 5.5-6.4sp, 146mhr, 5k= 314c
    Floor exer- 3min, 2sts of 10ea, 4 diff exer, 98mhr= 20c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.09min, 139mhr, 17.2amph, 1.4mi= 64c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.45min, 12.4amph, 151mhr,3mi= 161c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.49min, 9.17min mi, 152mhr, .5mi= 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.05min, 9.01min mi, 154mhr, .4mi= 76c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.14min, 9amph, 151mhr, 2.5mi= 206c

total cal 1006
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Soooooo this is what happened.. I was going to see Fleetwood Mac ,but found out the friend with the extra ticket ,his wife in critical care in the hospital.
    Now in all good contence I just didnt feel right going even though they were floor seats about 5 rows from the stage.
    His wife is a patient at our office ,and she was thrilled that I would go.. but I just couldnt bear to do that.. so went to the movie theater here at the condo and watched crazy rich asians...which was cute..
    Things a bit dicey at work.. the new guy and Mary are butting heads so I had to sit up front with him in the afternoon...
    Very hard to talk on the phone or concentrate as he is loud and boisterous..he doesn't really have manners but knows how get insurances and stuff through..we shall see how it goes but tomorrow will be my last Saturday working I will be working Monday, Wednesday Friday..vets office hired 2 part timers so I'm out there...we shall see I'm taking everything a day at a time..
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    suebdew wrote: »
    Good morning pals. Going to play golf but it is cold this morning. May not be too much fun but it will be exercise because I swing a lot.

SueBDew in TX

I had a chuckle at this because if I were to play golf again, I'd be swinging a lot too! :grin:

M in Oz

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Okie in Tx Hill Country
    I went to Dressbarn online to look again in the pants department. If you search for talls, you can view the size chart and the inseam is listed as 28”. That may be too short for you. I’m now 5’8” (I shrunk) and slacks and jeans fit nice and long.
    I hope that helps more.

Good evening!
    Dana In Arkansas