WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did the Abs Diet Workout 2 DVD. Not bad. Today did Cathe Legs with Weights and Barre DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water aerobics class.

After exercise went to a Newcomer general meeting. The last general meeting…yea! Found out that this other gal is going to take over hospitality. She’s going to get the volunteers for snacks. She is a nice gal. I guess she knows what she’s getting into since she was on the nominating committee. They still don’t have a secretary but they did talk to gal who is secretary now to at least take the minutes at the board meeting. I’m sure the idea is that the general meeting isn’t as critical so if someone doesn’t take minutes there, that’s not a problem. I wonder how she’ll feel when she realizes this? Well, she’s on the bowling team so maybe I’ll find out then

While I was at the general meeting my temp. crown came off AGAIN so I had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. Vince and I were going to go bowling but that didn’t happen. They used a more permanent glue this time. Now I have to constantly remind myself to only chew on one side of my mouth until I get the permanent crown put on. Went to ceramics last night and I finished painting my Bugs Bunny. Now just to clear glaze the parts that I want white. They fired a small bird for me for my other gnome to have in his hand. Clear glazed the inside of it last night so I can start painting it Monday.

Happy pi day to everyone and welcome everyone new

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room today, then going to go to Sam’s to get Goldfish to put in Denise’s favor bags. Also need to go to the dollar store to get 2 more baby shower cards. Hope Vince makes up the labels. I swear, sometimes if I don’t keep him on track to get things done, he’d wait until the last minute. Like I had him design the labels the other day so that we could order them if needed. I’ll probably also finish the diaper/boat cake. Newcomer bowling tonight

Lisa and Rori – happy Girl Scout week!

Tracey – Lillian (I forget her last name) of Healthy Girl used to have a TV show but not now. Bobby Dean used to have one, but, again, not now. <sigh> Good luck on the job!

Carol – when Vince had his operation for his torn meniscus, what he did to get upstairs (where our bathroom was) was that he “scooted” up the stairs on his backside.

Having only fruit to eat after dinner for Lent. I’ve noticed my weight going down – wonder if that’s what’s helping?

Shannon – last night I heard this what sounded like growling from one of our cats. I thought “oh, one of our cats is getting into it with Shadow”. But Shadow was on the bed. Bonnie was raring up on the window in the dining room making the growling-type sound. Evidently, there was another cat in the yard and they were going at it. Good luck with your cats! And hope your hip gets better fast

Rebecca – love the cat pictures. How wonderful that you can use the gym!

Katla – you reminded me that after I get the Goldfish, I need to buy gas

Allie - When we first moved to Kennett Square I went to a dentist who wanted me to replace all my fillings because “they were old”. To me “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. I never went back.

Beth – I’m so sorry about that lady. I agree, you couldn’t possibly have known. I know that if you did, you would have been there for her.

It looks like my crocuses are FINALLY coming up. I was considering moving them. Still not sure

Michele in NC
    Who is off to the Green Room
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
    dk16t5w2dzkz.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Do any of you use gmail? Mine will not open in Chrome. Can't figure out what to do. It will open in Explorer.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    megamom wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Lots of rain and we have major flooding going on. 2 inches in my basement and my sump pump broke. More rain coming. sigh. My exercise will be cleaning the basement of all the ruined stuff and then trying to get the water out and bleaching. Our rivers are over the banks in many areas in Iowa, Nebraska and Sioux Falls. Living on top of the hill didn't help us. after a 12 shift this is not the news I wanted to come home to.

(((HUGS)))

Feel you pain. Our basement knock on wood is still dry. I am closely watching a basement window where water has come in in the past. I have had to bail the water away from it several times. I followed the advice that the news was telling us which was to remove as much snow as you can from around your home. I also roof raked at least part of our roof and had our gutters cleaned in the fall. Down spouts are working! We also have sandy soil. My greatest worry is we have new carpet in our basement. Our neighbors across the street who have lived here 30 years got water in theirs they had to go out and spend $800 on pumps to get rid of the water. This is the snow that keeps on giving. It did briefly look pretty when it covered the trees.

Your right it is also making a mess for those who live downstream from us. :angry:

Sandbagging is starting here in some of the towns close to the rivers.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I’m curious about the natural hormone creams and wonder what they are supposed to do. I hope you’ll tell us whether you like them once you start using them. I’m glad that you didn’t have serious damage in the wind. :star:

Yvonne: Thanks for letting us know about Donald Duck Day. :bigsmile;

Heather: I love hearing that you are pleased with your new city and the things it offers. :heart:

Rebecca: I see what you mean about Marmalade’s eyes. They are quite lovely. :flowerforyou:

(((Beth))): I am so sorry the young woman who lives in the same house as your son has attempted to take her own life. I hope they are able to save her. This was not something you could have prevented. :broken_heart:

Kim: Regarding the shared Costco membership, I believe your mom is mistaken. We live in OR and DDIL lives in VA. Costco doesn’t seem to care at all. They do care that we have the same last name and only allow two family members on the membership, so DH was taken off when we added her. Both family members have the same last name. If I understand correctly, we couldn’t have split a membership with our daughter because she has a different last name. I don't know for sure if I am right about that, but I thinks so. :smiley:

Dana in AR: Everyone should get to celebrate her 70th birthday. Mine is coming up in a few months. :wink:

(((Allie))): Good luck with your job search. :heart:

Nicole: Welcome!

Margaret: I’m so sorry to hear about your water troubles and glad that your own basement is still dry. I hope it stays that way. :flowerforyou:

DH has a doctor’s appointment later this morning with a GI doctor in Portland. I hope the doctor is able to provide help in improving DH’s situation.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ladies! I am caught up again and starting to feel better. That flu really got me down and after almost 3 weeks this is my first full week back at work and I can feel it.
    Kelly--Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother in law, what a beautiful piece you wrote and read at the service.
    Michele--love the gnome.
    Machka--Great news about DH and his driving. He is so lucky to have you on his side.
    Tracey--Sending prayer for your job interview tomorrow.

This weather is crazy. We have had record amounts of snow and cold this last several weeks. Yesterday it was almost 60 degrees and did a lot of melting and now there is flooding all over and a lot of roads are closed. Then today we are in a blizzard warning and snow and strong winds. So much standing water every where. Then tomorrow going to be back up to 50's. I keep telling myself Spring is coming. I know I will feel better when the warmer weather is here to stay.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Cauliflower roasting in the oven, chicken, lentil and spinach curry warming up in a saucepan. :D

I did not go to the dance class today and I guess I have permanently bowed out. I will email them with my my reasons. Feel much better for taking the decision, with minimal regrets.
    I did think about taking my own dance class in the top room for this afternoon's bonus calories, but DH said he would walk into Brighton, with the wind behind him. (It nearly always comes from the West). So I decided to run with him and really went for it. I imagined I was on a Parkrun and DH said he almost had to break into a run to keep up with me! Felt great!
    Then we walked up the hill to catch the bus back, but stopped off to buy birthday cards . At the top of the hill there is a discount home store, so we bought the kids Easter chocolates and ........drumroll..........some bowls for cereal. :o:o:o:o I have been trying to find the right bowls for months, if not years. We chose three of one pattern and three of a toning pattern. Lovely in pink to go with our breakfast table mats! LOVE them, even if the labels are a pain to remove.

DDIL sent us a lovely video of the three kids with Bea's birthday cake. Bea blows out the candles before the song is finished. Max is disgusted, Edie thinks it's funny and pretends to blow out the candles again at the end. Bea realises she has done something wrong, but isn't too bothered. :D A microcosm of their personalities.
    I would love to have Bea's attitude to life. I call it, "The World According to Bea". :laugh:

Barbara - I have given various dates to my friend, but she doesn't reply. I was beginning to get totally paranoid! Yesterday I got an unexpected WhatsApp message to say she was escaping the hospice today and had hired a taxi and a wheelchair! !!
    Today I messaged her and she was just about to leave. I feel great relief that she still loves me. <3
    My old yoga friend has bought an Old Person's Rail Card and is coming on the train to see me on the 25th!!! I thought she would never come. She is 74. Very happy with my friends. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    Options
    Uuuu
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Carol: This link will tell you how to clear your cache in Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&amp;hl=en

Once you're done, shut down Chrome for a few minutes, and then open it back up and try to access your gmail again. Might fix the problem, usually does for me with any issues with access like that.

Good luck! And, by the way, I use both Chrome and gmail, and not having issues, so it may well be your Chrome cache just being jacked up. If that's the problem, this should fix it.

Lisa in AR
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Margaret , they are now having major flooding in several areas in our tristate area, the dam failed in Nebraska causing many towns to be evacuated and that means the large dam up river from us is having to release a lot more water which means a lot more flooding. I feel so sorry for the many people who have lost so much and will probably lose more and it is cold.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Thanks so much! I had cleared my history with no luck. So this time I checked the "hosted app data" and voila it worked!

Beth ~ That is so sad about your son's house mate. Wishing a good recovery and help for her mental state.

Allie ~ Hope you get the job because I know you will love it.

Heather ~ Congrats on your run...PB!

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Well done KJ. <3<3<3<3<3 Something for the mourners to remember for ever.

Very windy here. We are expecting a LOT of rain today. I need to get my BP pills from the pharmacy today or tomorrow, but I won't be able to hold an umbrella upright!

Otherwise its Swing tonight. The rain is expected to clear by then.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Tyyyyy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Allie good luck!
    megamom wrote: »
    Margaret , they are now having major flooding in several areas in our tristate area, the dam failed in Nebraska causing many towns to be evacuated and that means the large dam up river from us is having to release a lot more water which means a lot more flooding. I feel so sorry for the many people who have lost so much and will probably lose more and it is cold.

So sorry.

Neighbor basement flooded because of how there lot is graded. Not much they could do considering all the rain and snow melt . Unfortunately they are not alone. I have been bailing my low spot that is by a window all day. If water comes in I have a towel right there, old blankets , and old rugs. This should keep it off our new carpet. We still have three inches of ice at the end of our driveway. We are starting to see melted spots on the road. It is supposed to freeze tonight and be 34 tomorrow that should slow down the thaw.

Our snow piles are like icebergs now. I know from experience from previous years you do not want to hit them with your car. They are like hitting a boulder.

Fortunately 30 years ago they did a watershed project on the stream by us. This watershed project helps protect us from major flooding.

Our trash company could not make it up our ice covered road. So we miss a week of service. As long as we call them they will give us a credit. They do not do it automatically. Her first response was we could put out extra bags. We generate so little trash I asked for our credit. I am getting better at asking for things. In the past I would have let it go.

Soooo ready for spring!!!!!!!

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My post from a couple of days ago has only just posted. There was a glitch on Tuesday, so it didn't post. :grumble:

Sorry for all those experiencing flooding. I looked it up on line. Awful. :s

Tracey - Good luck with the interview! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx