WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Connie... congratulations on making your first weight loss goal!!

Rita ... I understand!! Today's news ... last night my son's overnight staff, afraid to put a wheelchair seat cover in the dryer, decided to hang it off a gas wall heater instead?? At 3:00 they were awakened to smoke alarms and a house full of smoke. No one was hurt and the fire company was not called in. His seat cover is toast. But the question begs asking ... why was the aide "awakened?" She's not supposed to be sleeping. You cannot make this stuff up you know.

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
    Dddddd
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww!!! Happy Birthday, Joaquin! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.39min, 12.4amph, 135mhr, 1.5mi= 81c
    lateral machine- 15min, random, lvl10, 134mhr, 53arpm, .63mi= 136c
    arm/chin up machine- 19min, 77# 1st of 10, 2 more sets of 10 w/55# assist, in beten 6 diff exer 3sets of 10ea, 112ahr, 136mhr= 141c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.13min, 135mhr, 17amph, 1.4mi= 63c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.56min, 12.2amph, 150mhr,3mi= 167c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.10min, 9.49min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 75c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.31min, 9.50min mi, 153mhr, .4mi= 79c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.49min, 7.9amph, 147mhr, 2.6mi= 202c

Total 944 cal
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Had to skim and know I missed a lot of birthdays. Hope everyone had a great special day.
    Tracy- good luck tomorrow. We are all with you.
    Kelly- so sorry for your loss. I did read your memorial and thought it was wonderful. So glad you have some time off to catch your breath.
    I will try to do better keeping up with you all. I am so glad you all are in my life.
    SueBDew was n TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Margaret – Our first house got water in the basement all the time. The water table was high. I feel your pain.

Yvonne – I was very interested in the info about Donald Duck day since that’s what I’ll be painting next at ceramics (after the bird)

Heather – how wonderful that your friend is not in hospice any more!

KJ – Happy Birthday to Joaquin. He’s two already????? Where does the time go?

Beth – I truly hope things work out for your son. That aide sounds like she’s just there for a paycheck

Michele in NC
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Celebrate Scientists Day!

"Today we honor all scientists, on the anniversary of the birth of Albert Einstein. Scientists research and work to gain knowledge that describes and predicts the natural world. The work they do ultimately saves lives, cures diseases, makes lives easier, and helps protect the planet."

Okie - If the return was due nine months after Dad died, we are in trouble because he died on 12/27/2017. We filed his 2017 individual return, but I'm still waiting on the estate's final return (for the period between 1/1/2018 and the distribution dates for the various funds).

Kim - I think it's a safe bet that the tax changes will not help anyone but the wealthy. Those changes came at the expense of the rest of working people.

Allie - Crossing my fingers for your job situation to work out for the best.

Michelle - I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your Donald Duck!

Yesterday I went to my first PiYo class. It was not exactly what I was expecting. I guess I thought it would be more like yoga, and the only Pilates class I've ever been to was pretty laid back too. This class was very fast-paced! I'm still deciding if I want to go back, but even if I don't I might go into the gym a few times a week so the treadmill can help me do a HIIT workout.

Philip is out at his writers' group this evening so I was on my own for dinner. I thought hard about going out, but decided to do the right thing. I made scrambled eggs with grape tomatoes, sweet peppers, and smoked cheddar cheese. MFP says I have a whopping 1 calorie left over for the day - now that's cutting it close!

-Yvonne in TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    No politics...
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Only thru pg 34 but need to sleep.

Like Viv and some others, I've had more than a few "off" days this month, missing meditation, knee, swsy even protein and Tumble play goals.

Lanette 90% dark? You are intense! 70% is my limit ;)
    Yvonne our Wheaten rescue's "don't soil where you sleep/eat" instinct was also overwritten by her early years. She was left alone 12+ hrs a day in a chain link, concrete floored kennel with no option to do otherwise. It took her a year to accept being an inside dog, but only a few months to be housetrained... except for the submissive urination, that took years and hormones. It took two years (and a near divorce) for her to finally become a good dog. Miss her. "lowest weight in ... years" ConVERYgrats on your hard work and success!
    Margaret name your adopted drain? :laugh:
    Karen in VA $300million! Yowzer! Great topic for your GS, with his scientific analytic bent.
    Michele your gnome made me smile... looks like he belongs in Sharon's or Rebecca's yard ;)
    Heather thanks for the link to the windfarm videos. Would much rather see windmills than drilling rigs off the coast. ;) Alas good handymen are hard to find here... even good $$$ contractors.
    Machka so glad you finally have a good dentist! And hooraye for your husband's successful driving assessment.
    Tracey Keeping your thoughts positive, well done! That will give you the confidence you want for Friday's interview. You've got this IF you want it!
    Katla love your determination to get your DH to have some fun!
    Rebecca you ARE one strong lady! Eeeuuuww to sweaty towel flicking jocks. Yuck!
    Shannon thanks for sharing your experience on the laser procedure. Not sure that's what Joe had today, it was laser something. The Dr. said it was a 50% milder procedure, but also only averages a 50% success rate. His eyes got uncomfortably hot, and were uncomfortable most of the day. He goes back in early tomorrow morning for a recheck/followup.
    Rori saw the wind and blizzard, but not the bomb cyclone, on TV. Please be safe. Was thinking of you today when I heard myself saying "I can't do..." X. Not true, Rori says we CAN do this and she's right!.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 14/31, 60 g protein 13/31, rx/vits 13/31, meditate 10/31, knee exercises 10/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 10/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/12 LT: SWSY-N MT: both to groomer-Y ST: Scooter ears-Y
    03/13 LT: SWSY-N MT: call county clerk re forms-Y, AT:Scooter ears-Y
    03/14 LT: SWSY-N MT: Start Woodland Mgt notebook-Y ST: Get form from County Clerk, scan and email to lender-Y
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Trying to get over influenza, trying to breathe and dealing with migraines. Missed a whole week of work. Not able to get to my house yet cause I don’t have the energy to drive the 50 min home!!
    On the plus side, I don’t have much of an appetite and my daughter does not have or eat much junk food so it is good for me to learn some new habits. Hoping to get home tomorrow

Karen in BC
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka What happened in Christchurch is unthinkable. I am utterly and helplessly sorry for you and everyone else whose sense of safety has been rocked by this tragedy. :'(

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited March 2019
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    No politics...

??? Hi Mary...did you mean to post this in another thread? In any case, nice to see you checking in! <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Connie... congratulations on making your first weight loss goal!!

Rita ... I understand!! Today's news ... last night my son's overnight staff, afraid to put a wheelchair seat cover in the dryer, decided to hang it off a gas wall heater instead?? At 3:00 they were awakened to smoke alarms and a house full of smoke. No one was hurt and the fire company was not called in. His seat cover is toast. But the question begs asking ... why was the aide "awakened?" She's not supposed to be sleeping. You cannot make this stuff up you know.

Beth near Buffalo

WOW!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Machka What happened in Christchurch is unthinkable. I am utterly and helplessly sorry for you and everyone else whose sense of safety has been rocked by this tragedy. :'(

Karen in Virginia

Thank you :) ... but ... we're in Australia and Christchurch is in New Zealand. I actually haven't read much about it at all today, and am not sure what happened. Too busy with work. :neutral:

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and having my tea. going to hop in the shower and then walk the dogs and feed DFIL .. also going to talk with the nurse.. he keeps his eyes closed alot i think because they hurt,and he has alot of gunk in his eyes..so will have them address that with eye drops and warm washcloth to clean his eyes..
    I keep praying for an answer to my work dilemma ,and until something changes will just keep on chugging along...
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon, evening, ladies...

Welcome to those who are new, thoughts going out to KJ and Beth.

Nine days now until my son heads for college in Oregon, and watching his anxiety starting to ramp up. Glad he feels he can share that with me, sorry that the only thing I can give him is the small, calm voice that says, "Worrying is actually a rational response to a stressful situation. Then you just take each worry apart, decide if there's anything you can do to change what you're worrying about, and if you can't, then shove it aside." He is his own worst enemy... but then, aren't we all?

It's been fun to get to know the adult he's become. It's also been frustrating, when the child in him shows up, and he gets all emo, or lazy, or just plain teenaged-boy icky (why do they all seem to smell funny?). I will miss him when he goes. And, may I be forgiven some day for this, I will be so glad when he does, and my husband and I have our lives back.

I think I've said before, the essence of adulthood is being able to hold two completely opposite thoughts in your head at once. I'm starting to get whiplash from swinging back and forth one to the other. :smiley:

April's shaping up to be a busy month - looks like Little Rock on the 1st, Texarkana on the 2nd, Searcy on the 9th, Pine Bluff around the 23rd. Getting to know Arkansas pretty darned well this month, Luckily, most are no more than a three-hour drive, so I'll be home every night but the 1st, when I'll stay in Little Rock.

Staying rooted in the present is an ongoing tussle. :wink: There are worse things.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Lost my post,my fault. Just skimming & can’t keep up.

Beth,the aide at your sons home needs to be gone.What a dangerous situation!
    Pat
  • KetoneKaren
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Karen in Virginia

Thank you :) ... but ... we're in Australia and Christchurch is in New Zealand. I actually haven't read much about it at all today, and am not sure what happened. Too busy with work. :neutral:

M in Oz

Machka, glad you are not terribly affected by the happenings in Christchurch.
    I know Tasmania is part of Australia. (Not confused). ;)