WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    well im showered and dressed.. and here is hoping today is a better day than weds..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,582 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka What happened in Christchurch is unthinkable. I am utterly and helplessly sorry for you and everyone else whose sense of safety has been rocked by this tragedy. :'(

Karen in Virginia

Thank you :) ... but ... we're in Australia and Christchurch is in New Zealand. I actually haven't read much about it at all today, and am not sure what happened. Too busy with work. :neutral:

M in Oz

Machka, glad you are not terribly affected by the happenings in Christchurch.
    I know Tasmania is part of Australia. (Not confused). ;)

We're kind of remote from these things. But I did read a news article about it after I read what you wrote, and it is terrible. Poor Christchurch ... they have not had a good time of it over the past several years. :(

If anyone is not sure what we're talking about, you can read here: https://www.news.com.au/

M in Oz

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Just had dinner and trying not to eat too many "afters" o:) Not sure if my halo will slip, but trying to keep busy and not think about biscuits. (Looking at my food diary I waste far too many calories on biscuits and sweets)

It's still very windy here, someone said we are due to have snow early next week, I hope they are wrong, I don't fancy walking in the snow, I am ready for warmer weather.

I've been doing some knee exercises trying to strengthen my knee, I've noticed if I sit too long I am very stiff when I get up. Sometimes on a dog walk I have to stop for a minute to strech it out. Another reason to lose weight - I don't want to end up nearly crippled like my mum.

Such sad news about the killings in New Zealand, there are some evil people in the world. :(

I've been sat down long enough, time to take Leah for a walk around the block, hope we don't get blown away :) at least the sun is shining (for now).

Take care - love to all <3

Viv UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    lcwb6fipaoos.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Karen - it was you who alerted me to the Christchurch shootings. Then I looked it up. Words fail me. :'(

Going to shop for a few bits with DH ,then we are going to try out our cleaning experiment. Wish us luck! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Nicole from FL: Welcome! :smiley:

Carol in GA: I use gmail but not chrome. I have no advice but I hope you figure it out. :heart:

Heather: I’m pleased that things are wrking out for you to see your friends. :flowerforyou:

Allie: With your love of animals working at a vet’s office might be a great change. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. :star:

Connie in KY: Congrats on making your first weight loss goal!!! :bigsmile:

Barbara: I like dark chocolate, too. The one that I nibble on most often is 72% cocoa. The 86% cocoa is also good, but I don’t choose it very often. It is available at Safeway and Walmart. Safeway is more reliable about keeping things in stock. :star:

Rori: Thanks to Barbara I now know about the weather conditions in CO. I hope you are safe. :heart:

Lisa: Which college in Oregon is your son going to attend? :huh:

Terrorism anywhere reminds us all that hate crimes hurt the innocent. :broken_heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    My rowing machine arrived today! Now we've got to put it together.

It was such a busy day at work with one meeting after another, and a long list of things I needed to complete. I think it's going to be like that from now till the end of March!

So the rowing machine is still in the box.

Thank goodness it's the weekend.

M in Oz
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Good morning!
    I went to a follow up appt with my electro-cardiologist. I’m doing good BUT I have to wear a heart monitor again for 3 weeks. I wasn’t ready to do that again. But eliminating regular coffee and no tea has helped. I’m only drinking one cup of decaf. I loved my coffee!

I dropped 1 pound and looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow!

Okie in TX I know the feeling about being tall and finding long enough pants. I usually go to Dressbarn for slacks. They have talls and are plenty long.

Pray for the families of the shootings in NZ.

Have a good day,
    Dana in Arkansas
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Katla - he's headed for Southwest Oregon Community College in Coos Bay for his first two years, and taking classes that will transfer credits to Oregon State in Corvallis - he's shooting for a degree in fermentation sciences, but I have no idea what he'll actually end up with. :disappointed:

I have no words for the shootings in Christchurch, it just makes me heartsick.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,584 Member
    For those "world is a terrible place and getting worse" times, here are some hopeful numbers. I just skimmed the text and went straight for the charts, paying attention to the range of years.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2014/12/the-world-is-not-falling-apart-the-trend-lines-reveal-an-increasingly-peaceful-period-in-history.html

b4leaving "seated exercise" well done! "horribly afraid of falling" I am soooo with you.
    Rita, SMH that a teacher leading a class of third graders to check pollution levels in the lake would leave a box of trash on the ground. Unclear on the "pollution" concept...
    Beth :heartbreak: that your son's next door neighbor was in such pain. Ditto Evelyn's and Margaret's comments.
    Sharon, I had two Raleighs, one in my adolescence and teens, the other in my thirties. Loved 'em both and named 'em both "Roxanne". ;)
    Okie had the same "mysterious lights driving at night" experience once, couldn't figure 'em out til the pre-dawn glow enlightened me.

Only thru pg 36 but really gotta get back on the meditation/knee exercise track.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 14/31, 60 g protein 13/31, rx/vits 13/31, meditate 10/31, knee exercises 10/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 10/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Heather: Your breakfast table looks so cheerful. Love having the big windows to look out as you eat. :)

Beth: What a scare at your son's facility. How stupid could someone be to put a cover over a heater like the aide did. :#

Good wishes and healing thoughts to all who need them...and don't we all!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good morning pals. Going to play golf but it is cold this morning. May not be too much fun but it will be exercise because I swing a lot.
    Kelly - Can’t believe Joaquin is 2 already. Has his hair grown out?
    Have to get ready. Thinking of you Tracy.
    SueBDew in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Well, the cleaning went pretty well. Got nearly all of it done in an hour each. I'm sure DH won't object to me looking for a cleaner though! He made a great job of the stairs. <3 I have a couple of small things I want to have a go at later, like the rings on the gas hob.
    It's lovely when it's done! :DB) A glass of wine will be served in half an hour's time!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    dmmozs4qmu38.jpeg
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Dana - Thanks for the tip on Dress Barn. I didn’t know they have talls. I buy 99% of my pants/jeans/leggings from JJill. I usually buy when they’re 30% off or when they go on clearance.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Woo

Woo means: "This is BS. It is not backed up by scientific evidence."

The meaning and use of the "Woo" emoticon is frequently misunderstood.