WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Betsy ~ Congratulations on winning your court case. I hope the judge will make the other parties pay the court expenses.

Barbie ~ Happy Birthday!

Katla ~ Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate our 50th next August.

For the last couple of days I am having trouble entering some foods. Example: "russet potatoes" (no results)
    or "pork tenderloin" (no results). Could this be glitch in the system? I have never had any problems like this before.

Carol in GA

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Betsy - I'm so happy for you!!!

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Carol, I haven't had the trouble with entering food that you mentioned. Try again in an hour and see what happens. Also try entering just "potato" or "pork" and see what happens.

:)Betsy, congratulations on your win in court. It makes me so happy when the good guys win. This has been a tough time for you. I love what the judge said.

:)Kelly, I've called our brief period of warm weather in the PNW "fake spring". My husband (and many others) are suddenly wearing shorts. I am still wearing my winter coat and long sleeves. I did go to line dance yesterday without a hat or scarf.

:) No rain expected here today so I'll be able to do another 30 minutes of weed pulling.

<3 Barbie from NW WA

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol I just tried adding "russet potato" and was successful. Maybe sign out & sign back in to MFP & try again?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Betsy ~ Congratulations on winning your court case. I hope the judge will make the other parties pay the court expenses.

Barbie ~ Happy Birthday!

Katla ~ Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate our 50th next August.

For the last couple of days I am having trouble entering some foods. Example: "russet potatoes" (no results)
    or "pork tenderloin" (no results). Could this be glitch in the system? I have never had any problems like this before.

Carol in GA

Carol - I am able to get plenty of results for russet potatoes and pork tenderloin, so the system is fighting you, lol. I am wondering about the javascript error I keep getting when I try to click on "hug" or "like", etc. MFP is the only site where I have this problem. I'll contact their help team. Might not be my PC at all.

Betsy - so happy the court case is settled and yes - hope the other parties have to pay your costs. What a relief to have it finally have it done in your favor. We are smiling with you!!! <3

Kelly
    - I keep forgetting to comment how exciting Joaquin will be getting a sibling!! So glad the results of your surgery were good and you rebounded quickly. Yikes those kidlets not being dressed for chilly weather.

Karen in VA - I saw how to tape for plantar's fasciitis, lol. After being healthy and strong for most of our lives, having painful feet or frozen shoulders or (__fill in the blank__) "just because" is aggravating. :(>:):s Understatement. If a person falls down the stairs or has a car accident, then I understand. But this painful stuff just showing up is for the birds (she said, reaching for the Medical MJ cream B) )

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Barrie: Happy Birthday! 🥂
    Kayla: Happy Anniversary 🥂
    Betsy: Great result on the court case.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.

☘️Irish Terri
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Well, I logged out and logged back in. Went back and tried to enter "russet potatoes" and voila it worked! :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie :flowerforyou:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth - good luck on your job interview.

Carol - I think they make most sheets now to accommodate the pillow tops so if you don’t have one they don’t fit properly. Such a pain sheets are and so expensive! My Dad’s mom used to give sheer sets to her children *kitten* Christmas presents as a child I thought it was a terrible gift, now I would love a set as a gift! All a matter of perspective I guess.

Heather - that’s cleaning has given me an idea of how to spend my day today. I need to do a good scrubbing and I’m also wanting to rearrange some pictures and such. I think you have inspired me. I hope your cleaner interview goes well for you.

Katla - happy anniversary!

Almagreatness - beautiful Grandson, congratulations

Rebecca - hope you get the house!

Barbie - happy birthday!

Machka - I haven’t had new potatoes out of a garden since I lived in NB, those plants remind me of home. Enjoy! Glad you were able to build your rowing machine.

Kelly - my daughter has been arguing with my Grandson about wearing his heavier Fall jacket at least, he thinks he should be able to go in his T-shirt. I saw a guy walking here the other day in just shorts no shirt. It was only 11 Celsius. Such good news on the biopsy!

Lanette - thank you. You amaze me that you just keep going even through your pain.

Michele - enjoy the shower and your time with Denise.

Betsy - I am so very happy for you! Since you have to submit claims does that mean they have to pay your legal fees now?

Carol - I think MFP is having a lot of glitches recently. About every other time I try to read the board it tells me I need to Log In, I back out and come back and it works. Very strange.

I don’t have a lot to share today, it is so foggy here that I can’t see my neighbours across the street. I’m thankful I don’t have to drive anywhere. I need to figure out what to do today. I would like to crank the music, open the windows and do a deep clean, but with hubby sitting here watching tv that won’t work. I really miss having the house to myself. I haven’t had it in two years for more than an hour or so at a time.

Have a great day
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    484fkjjrdccg.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    mwwtjtpsdwfc.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))): I am in complete agreement with Margaret. She is giving you excellent advice. Protect your current job and be as helpful and positive as you can. Have a smile on your face and a positive attitude. Don’t waste your energy feeling as though another employee is getting special favors. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA, Mary, & Heather: Thanks for your good wishes. We have made a good team all these years and I’d like to continue for as long as life allows. He has some troubling health issues right now and I have a funny spot on my back and an appointment with a dermatologist. We will get through medical things and find ways to enjoy our lives. :star:

Barbie: Happy Birthday to you. :flowerforyou: You are absolutely right and my gratitude list is long. :bigsmile:

Michele: When we moved here we brought things a carload at a time because we had both homes. We brought the things we wanted and sold everything else at the garage sale—including the house. It was a very lucky thing for us. Maybe your new neighbors have a similar situation. I hope they turn into your friends as time goes along. :smiley:

Machka: I stay above the two & a half hours of moderate exercise, too. I’ve been lucky to find things that I love to do so it is never tedious or an unwelcome obligation. :smiley: Thank you for your good wishes about our anniversary. :heart:

KJ: I was 20 when we got married. DH was 22. Here we are, 49 years later. Neighbors of ours celebrated their 50th last year. They took their kids and grandkids to Disneyland to celebrate. Next year we hope to take our kids and grandkids to the park on the coast where we were married to celebrate our 50th. :heart:

Lanette: I hope you are able to get your foot taken care of so that you can walk barefoot without pain. :flowerforyou:

Betsy in NW WA: Congratulations on winning your family dispute. :star:

Dana in AR: Happy 69th to your DH! :bigsmile:

Quiet day today and misty outside. I am hoping for a trail ride tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that the weather permits it to happen. Right this minute it is lightly foggy where I live. DH is sleeping in and I am going to go see about waking him.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    well the Electrician just left, and he didnt have to cut into the sheet rock , and it took him less time then he thought,, now i wait to get the other stuff installed and hope the painter can take a couple hours out of his busy day to finish the ceiling.. then Tony will come back and put the fixtures back up..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    The cleaner came and she said we have a VERY clean house and don't need more than two hours every two weeks. I wanted her to come every week, just so that I don't have to think about it, but DH was worrying about the cost of her, (she is expensive, but very good), so we have agreed every two weeks. She will not come next week as we have just cleaned yesterday, but will start the following Tuesday. I told DH that the alternate weeks we will have to do our hour each on Fridays as we have been doing. He shrugged his agreement. If visitors are coming I get very anxious, so I like it done properly.
    He does keep the kitchen under control and does all the washing up and putting away. I have to nag him to do his bathroom. He also shops for and prepares the breakfast fruit and the stewed fruit we have as dessert.
    Today I pointed out that the front of the house needed a tidy and a sweep of the path, so he did that, but not happily. The off road parking bit is still dirty, but I hope my visiting friend won't see that bit. I will go out and weed it before long. I picked up some trash that passers by had dumped there! :o Part of it is that he just doesn't see it and I have to pick my moment to ask him to do it.
    He also got in a bad mood because our sink is blocked again. We took off the U bend, but it's not that, it must be further down in the outlet pipe. I rang the plumber, who will vacuum it out and put some chemical down there. More expense! He is coming on Monday, early.
    Then a window cleaner is coming to estimate on Tuesday. DH thought the previous estimate was too high. We have a three storey house with an extension with a lot of glass and skylights. I don't think this lot will be any cheaper.
    He does worry a lot about money. :'(
    He actually has quite a lot in savings, but feels he can't spend it. Upbringing, I suppose.

I did a good shop on my own by bus at my favourite supermarket. Really heavy coming home! Lots of glass bottles of different stuff. Had to haul it onto the bus. Now I have enough food for my friend on Monday, but I am making raspberry icecream tomorrow and a boiled orange and almond cake. I've just boiled the orange in advance. I may give a slice to my friend to eat on her train home if we don't eat it earlier! I've also worked out what to eat tomorrow evening as we are dancing from 5- 8 pm. Bought some nice, flexible things to work around those times. :D

Max coming to play at 8.30 tomorrow! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Aaaawww, Tracey! <3<3<3<3 Beautiful writing!

love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Aaaawww, Tracey! <3<3<3<3 Beautiful writing!

love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Thanks Heather that means a lot coming from you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)>:)o:)