WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Barbara AHMOD

gemzd04pbxk2.jpg

This is a wonderful stove! Convection options, bread proofing & dehydrating presets, 5 burners, gas...wowee I love this! I bet you are a happy gal!

I feel sorry for those people who were on the cruise ship that lost power in rough waters off the coast of Norway. I think their ordeal is over now, but that must have been scary and sickening.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

manual treadmill- 12.57min 146ahr, 167mhr, 1mi= 162c
    Arn-chin-ups- 22.27min 141ahr 156mhr, 5sts of 10ea 5 diff in btwn 3sts 70# assist, 2 sts, 55# assists = 283c

Total cal 445
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Katla: Belated Happy 49th to you and DH. Hope the biopsy results are benign.

Barbie: Belated happy birthday. Thought of you as I caught some of the figure skating competition yesterday.

Lanette: My Sore Foot Sistah... I have been diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma, and the podiatrist didn't have much in the way of a solution for pain. He did advise to buy the full sized orthotics, loosen the laces on that shoe to give the toes more room, and to do the treadmill at an incline. Like you, I also have green cream for pain. Pain has subsided considerably, but I intentionally pull back on activity anytime I feel the neuroma starting to flare again.

Barbara: Beautiful stove!

Past two days have been very busy. Reuben finished painting the living room and kitchen ceiling, but the project spawned a bunch of little side projects that fell on me. I still have more to do, but will tackle bits every day next week. My niece, a professional photographer, granted me access to a treasure trove of beautiful nature photos she and her BF have taken on the many strenuous hikes they take. Wildflowers, golden aspens, mountain lakes, snowflakes, etc. Hard to choose, but once we do, I am going to have some enlarged to hang on the currently bare walls.

My fitbit fell apart today. I will send it back and see if they will replace it, but if they don't, I'm going to explore different brands of activity trackers. Your recommendations welcome!

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    SMILING with eyes, heart and lips
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Betsy ~ Congratulations on winning your court case. I hope the judge will make the other parties pay the court expenses.

Barbie ~ Happy Birthday!

Katla ~ Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate our 50th next August.

For the last couple of days I am having trouble entering some foods. Example: "russet potatoes" (no results)
    or "pork tenderloin" (no results). Could this be glitch in the system? I have never had any problems like this before.

Carol in GA

Carol, I had the same issue but kept trying and it righted itself pretty quickly.

Funny thing is that it never occurred to me that it might be a MFP problem. I assumed it was my internet provider and that I was momentarily disconnected from the wi-fi.

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Barbara – great stove! I have a 5 burner gas one too and love it.

Tracey – it would be sad to throw the doughnuts out, is there a single neighbor who might like one or two? It could be a real treat for someone.

Rori – thanks for the update on Meg!

I worked in my yard for 3 hours today – it’s better, but the cycle of rain, then warmish sun shine, repeat has gotten weeds to grow to new amazing heights. So I made a dent, but there is so much and so little time. It was nice to be in my yard for a change. It is sounding more and more like the job at camp will stay as mine. One less worry.

MFP has done some odd things lately here also they seem to clear up if I log out of MFP and re-log in… pretty easy fix.

I had to do an errand in the far end of a neighbor town today (35 min drive each way) and there is a discount grocery store out there, a bit to far to go on a regular basis, but since I was there - I found some great buys, very pleased with my success, it is a place that has items with labels on crooked, getting close to the expire date, or items that the manufacturer is re-working in some way and wants the “old” style out of the stores. I am very careful to read labels and you never know what they will have but sometimes it’s a huge win!

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    our prices
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oooh have been watching the Grand Sumo highlights! Hakuho won! Yeah!!! I yelled at the tv like a crazy gaijin, (foreign outsider)! For a gaijin, I know a lot about the sport!

Made chicken fried rice for husband and son. A lot leftover, but I make 12 cups worth of rice, 1/2 container of bacon, 5 eggs, and about 8 chicken tenderloins! Its a protein packed meal. I had wild rice, a mini can of albacore tuna, and 1/2 T of mayo.

Tomorrow is gym, and we've been away since we were house touring. Hopefully the realtor connects with us soon!
    💗Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Their dog Aurora seems quite protective huh?
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good evening!
    It’s raining along with lightning and thunder. There’s golf ball size hail in some areas. Not here (cross fingers)
    The dish just went out! No TV. Oh well, I can use my phone for just about anything.
    Poor Dolly’s hiding in the guest room closet. She feels safe in there.
    She was so shaken over the last storm we found a calming collar for her. It has pheromones in it like a flea collar is made. So far so good!

Barbara - I love your stove! Very nice! We have all electric out here since there’s no gas unless you want propane.

Storm has turned severe.
    Got to go. We’re ok.

Dana In Arkansas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sick as a dog for the past two weeks. Wanting to be well again and have some energy
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thinking of getting a mini trampoline, anyone use one? Any advice would be welcome, what do you think.

Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~ another almost lb down.. I got up and had my tea and watched Joyce... and will feed my boy.. the painter is coming today to do the ceiling so will bring Alfie to Toms, and he will either bring him back or I will wait in the car and he will bring him out.. going to use the other boys crate, because this one is a pain to lug back and forth...well everything will be done by next weekend.. and that will be that.. got the new employee manual emailed and had to sign off on that.. ugh... i honestly cant wait to find something else...
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    BARBARA,your stove is a beauty. We have 2 DDs,dividedbetween gas/electric.
    Both are great cooks & the girl with electric liked to bake.
    She travels for work,so baking is rare.

RORI,A friend from our camping club had bunion surgery,3 mos later she was in pain,barely hobbling around.
    She flat out refused same on other foot & advised everyone to advoid surgery if possible.
    She now walks with an odd gait,but seldom goes anywhere.
    Don’t think there is a good answer.
    Hope you find what works for you

Heather,his love shines thru..lucky Grkids.

DD went to visit her 1st Grchild,a boy.
    On the ph,she said all was well, but “their place is so messy”lots of baby gear,none put away.
    Clean dishes,ditto.
    Told her “ bite your lip & look away”.Let it go,you don’t want to cause trouble.”
    We all,know it can happen with new baby,so she offers help & all is well.

Cooked 3 1/2 pds of green beans yest,with ham bits & veggies,including turnips. No cooking today,will feast on leftovers.

Taking 2 chairs,a folding chair,folding table,dishes & box of kitchen stuff to a church sponsered second hand store.
    All needing a new home.

Gonna set my frozen berries out...will mix with yogurt later.......then get this day started. Pat in Oh
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    TRACY, Quote “Pat - I’ve always heard that too about finding work while you’re employed, unfortunately my company closed the office so I’ve been stuck. Over 200 resumes sent out and only one interview so far. I have heard from others that are out of work it is about 7-8 months on average before they are finding jobs. A lot of very experienced, talented people out of work right now. Adorable Great Gson and I agree about the colour palette for clothes this year.

I agree with your comment about work
    Both my Dad & FIL lost their jobs after more than 30 yrs with no warning,my Dad read about it in local newspaper. No severence pay. Both found low paying work after a few wks,neither applied for unemployment.Dad was never the same.
    Just a thought,doubt either knew what a resume was.

Such a different world. Good luck & cross fingers the job works out. Pat in Oh