Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    uvcuqhkloctp.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So crazy things going on! The apartment we lived in for 6 years in Oregon is not returning credit checks, pretty much all the realities waiting on! Frustrating! We called a couple times yesterday, left messages! Then I noticed on the message was a trouble call number for tenants, so I called that. At least I got a live person. But the managers are a husband and wife team, she does the managing, and he fixes stuff. So I got him. Kind of a weird intro, "hey, I used to be a tenant, and trying to complete application up here in Whidbey island. My name is Such and such, and he cut me off.... He said I don't do any managing stuff this number is for 24 hour emergencies, so byeee! And he hung up on me! Today going to the realtor office and tell them we can prove we paid on time since 2012!
    Have a tour today as well!
    💗Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    We have 2 cell phones and a house phone...all 3 just got a robo call within 10 minutes of each other! Ugh! :s
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    oa8vk1loyh4f.jpeg
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, I’m back from the shower.

What was the best part about the shower? The main highlight for you? :)

I was thinking the same thing -- there must have been something nice about the shower and about the new townhouse.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Well I am up to date again. I am so upset with myself as my weight is up almost 4 pounds this week. Seems I lose and gain the same couple pounds and it has to stop. I know it is my own fault. No excuse.

KJ--Great news on your surgery results.

Barbara--Your stove looks a lot like mine and DH loves the grill in the middle and uses it a lot. I do not like the stainless steel and would not buy them again.

Trucker--Great news on onderland.

Wish the weather would make up it's mind. Sounds like we are in for more rain and chance of snow next week. I want to get outside and work around the house and get things done.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    When I make up my mind, I work fast. I scheduled a painter to start Friday.

Now I have to get some boxes and start packing up all the little stuff - books, pictures, figurines, etc. this will be a great opportunity for decluttering and cleaning.

Carol, the robo calls are continuous at our house. For a while I would answer, but I finally quit. Sometimes the cell will ring as soon as the landline stops. Nancy, my Medicare representative, is particularly relentless. Every time she promises this is my last opportunity or the government will revoke my Medicare eligibility. That is the one that pushed me over the edge. If I get a legit call, they will leave a message. I did get a message yesterday that sounded so sincere and legitimate until she started talking about my need to consolidate all of my unsecured debt. I don’t have any of that! I can see how people are taken in. I’ve even had messages that said they were in response to my inquiry. No! Somebody, somewhere, ought to be smart enough to figure out a way to stop these calls.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Barbara: Thanks for your good wishes. I saw the doctor today and the worst part was finding the parking lot. :embarassed:

Machka: I also love raspberries. I hope your raspberry plants flourish and provide many berries. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Thanks for sharing news that Meg is safe from flooding. :heart:

Rebecca: Your DDIL has a lovely baby bump. Congratulations!!! :bigsmile: Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the house. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family.

Heather: I enjoyed your photos of the dance and you with your friend outside in the sunshine. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Love the photo of you and Kirby in the car. :smiley:

Rori: Home improvements can make life so much better after the work is all done. Living in the space that is being improved is another thing. :star:

Machka: You are so right that a healthy lifestyle includes more than cutting things out. It has more to do with adding in exercise, fun, play and personal creativity. :wink: I love the photo of you and your grandmother. :star:

Michele: Thanks for your happy anniversary wishes. :smiley:

Dana in AR: 93 trees?!? Wow! I’m glad you didn’t have serious damage from your storms. It seems like you must have a guardian angel. :flowerforyou:

Medical results are in for the bump on my back. It is a cyst and is not malignant. The doctor recommended I wait until it is bigger and then get it removed. Waiting is likely to result in significantly lower out of pocket costs for me, and I’m not in any danger from the bump. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Beth - thanks, very good article! Looks like restricted eating during any timeframe is somewhat beneficial. I'm aiming for 6 hour "feast" time. And way to go with the yard clean up. 14K steps is impressive.

Katla
    - glad to hear good news on the cyst on your back. Bet you'll be glad when it is gone tho.

Rebecca
    - your OR landlords...sheesh. Hope the "boss" has gotten back to you now and provides the reference you need.

I've been setting my little tomatoes out in the sun for a few hours each day...chillier than the greenhouse but it does them good to get some unrestricted rays and a little breeze tugging at them and getting them to toughen up. 42 of those guys, about half destined for the Master Gardener Plant Sale and the rest for me and my peeps. B)

Trying my hand at growing some flowers this year. Marigolds and Bachelor Buttons germinated quite well. But I had no idea Petunia, Canterbury Bells, Snapdragons, Phlox had such teensy seeds and once germinated, have stems about the size of a human hair. :# Not sure if any will survive, they are still on heat mats under the grow lights. Whatever the nursery charges for them already going is worth it, lol.

Making meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots for supper. DH will be happy to eat leftovers for a few days and I'll be happier not to cook.

Looking forward to the podiatrist. Kind of hoping he gives me a cortisone shot. I think the taping helped a little but it's not a long-term solution.

Lanette
    Sunny & cool SW WA State B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    When I make up my mind, I work fast. I scheduled a painter to start Friday.

Now I have to get some boxes and start packing up all the little stuff - books, pictures, figurines, etc. this will be a great opportunity for decluttering and cleaning.

Carol, the robo calls are continuous at our house. For a while I would answer, but I finally quit. Sometimes the cell will ring as soon as the landline stops. Nancy, my Medicare representative, is particularly relentless. Every time she promises this is my last opportunity or the government will revoke my Medicare eligibility. That is the one that pushed me over the edge. If I get a legit call, they will leave a message. I did get a message yesterday that sounded so sincere and legitimate until she started talking about my need to consolidate all of my unsecured debt. I don’t have any of that! I can see how people are taken in. I’ve even had messages that said they were in response to my inquiry. No! Somebody, somewhere, ought to be smart enough to figure out a way to stop these calls.

I don't answer my phone unless I recognise the number.

M in Oz
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is National Make Up Your Own Holiday Day!

"Today's holiday encourages people to make up their own holidays about anything they want! If there isn't a holiday about it already, it's fair game! It can be a funny, bizarre, or very serious holiday. Make Up Your Own Holiday Day was created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holidays, who are no strangers to making up holidays." Today is a day to celebrate whatever we feel like celebrating, so I hereby declare it Purple Hair Day.

Philip is off work on Tuesdays so I sent him to the grocery store with a list. This will be our first shot at re-using some of the Home Chef recipes on our own. I love the convenience of having everything packaged up and sent to me but the packaging is very wasteful so I want to cut back on using the meal service. Some of the recipes use tiny amounts of things I don't keep on hand (demiglace concentrates, various seasoning blends, etc.), but I'll just focus on the ones that use or can be substituted with staple items in our pantry so we don't end up buying a bunch of specialty ingredients that we use one time.

It's a gorgeous day out, so I'm off for walkies with Luna and Forrest. Sweet Forrest is still having a hard time grasping the idea waiting until he's outside to do his business, but we're working on it. Once we have housebreaking under control he'll be ready for adoption and I'm sure someone will snap him up.

-Yvonne in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Katla - Great news about your cyst!

We don't get a lot of nuisance calls these days, just one or two very occasionally on my cellphone. There is a number we can call to register our landlines against nuisance calls and they can be fined if they ignore the prohibition. It can't stop international calls though, but I can see that on the display. Haven't had them for a while now.

Went to Swing dancing lesson and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even DH found it a bit easier this week. I think he quite enjoyed it too. I could see one of his partners giving him a big hug. :laugh:
    Came back and watched a Vera repeat.

Beth - I don't have a recipe. Basically I just roast a tray full of red peppers, big vine tomatoes, whole onions until they char a little. 30 mins hot oven? Put them in a saucepan with good chicken stock and cook for a while. Then blitz it with a stick blender. Season to taste. I also use some pomegranate molasses to add a bit of acidity, but you could use a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. I bought a big pile of veg from a cheap shop, but it could be pricey from a supermarket. My son insists I sieve the soup to get rid of the tomato pips, but I don't bother if it's just for DH and me. It's one of our favourite soups that I first had in Australia and tried to copy. If you had a jar of roasted peppers you could add that, but it would add considerably to the cost. My soup has made six very large bowlfuls. I have frozen four portions for future guests. I like to have a store of food for visitors, then it never feels so overwhelming. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an extreme strength DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon’s Breathless DVD since we have a Newcomer board meeting (and my last…yea)

Dana – when we were putting down the river rock, one of the absolute best things we ever bought was a gorilla cart. https://smile.amazon.com/Gorilla-Carts-GOR4PS-Pneumatic-600-Pound/dp/B01BECQAWO/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=MQ3E76AJXP09&amp;keywords=gorilla+cart&amp;qid=1553591416&amp;s=gateway&amp;sprefix=gorilla,aps,148&amp;sr=8-1-spons&amp;psc=1 It’s been worth its weight in gold. You have no idea how many times we’ve used it since putting down the river rock. Admitted, we needed something rated for heavy weight because we were putting down the rock, but we’ve used it for so so much more.

M – the best part about the shower? I guess you could say the open bar…lol And I’m not a drinker at all! The food wasn’t bad, either. I liked seeing Denise and her new place. I was disappointed that no one seemed to care when she was opening the gifts. And they stayed WAAAYYY longer than they were supposed to. The girls came out and started putting clean table cloths on….still hanging around. The manager locked one door….still hanging around. The manager turned out the lights….still hanging around.

M – what a lovely picture of you and your grandmother

Did a bit of the quilting. Did I mention how much I hate quilting. To me, this is a necessary evil.

Welcome everyone new!

My weight was up today, but I realized that I totally forgot about my Lenten sacrifice and had some candy. I’m just going to have fruit from now on and it seems that that’s helping me lose

Vicki – the weather is supposed to get nicer here as the week goes on. I’m pumped to get the pool open!

Katla – phew! Glad that bump isn’t something more serious

Hey, hey, hey, when we were in FL a friend gave me this tree, a loquat, and I haven’t killed it YET (yet being the operative word). Come close a few times, it was looking pretty sad. But it’s still green, miracles DO happen….lol

Tracey – one thing leads to another…that happens so many times to me. I’m sorry you didn’t get the job. Something better will come along.

I did a little bit more quilting. Did I happen to mention how much I hate it?

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    M – the best part about the shower? I guess you could say the open bar…lol And I’m not a drinker at all! The food wasn’t bad, either. I liked seeing Denise and her new place. I was disappointed that no one seemed to care when she was opening the gifts. And they stayed WAAAYYY longer than they were supposed to. The girls came out and started putting clean table cloths on….still hanging around. The manager locked one door….still hanging around. The manager turned out the lights….still hanging around.

M – what a lovely picture of you and your grandmother

People do that when they're having a good time. :)

And thanks! :)

Did a bit of the quilting. Did I mention how much I hate quilting. To me, this is a necessary evil.

Michele in NC

Life's too short to do things we hate. Is it a gift?

M in Oz