pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    ££££££
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.51min, 12.1amph, 142mhr, 1.5mi= 85c
    0 RUNNER- 25min, 113ahr, 124mhr, 10.13min mi, lvl9, 9h, 108c, 40l, 2.49mi= 174c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.15min, 144mhr, 16.9amph, 1.4mi= 67c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.43min, 12.4amph, 157mhr,3mi= 160c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.53min, 9.33min mi, 157mhr, .5mi= 70c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.09min, 9.15min mi, 153mhr, .4mi= 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.08min, 9.1amph, 160mhr, 2.6mi= 200c

total cal 816
  • Almagreatness
    Almagreatness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow you work out alot! Is this at the gym? great job 👍
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Thanks for the info Machka – the instructor is probably in her 50’s – and between her and the management of our city's recreation department, “Senior Citizen” = frail elderly… not!

Glad to hear from many of you that this head thing is just weird! But the glaucoma connection is probably her issue she mentioned last class that she was having some eye problems. I do other stretches/poses when she is just making us hold for too long. I had a talk with my god-daughter who is doing her masters in exercise physiology and she felt that 1 minute was a good work up too, not a starting point.

Have my taxes just about “done” (my part), will hand off to the accountant on Friday. I had a huge discovery last year, if I email all my business stuff and drop off my paper work but no appointment, I save $200 then I can have a free appointment outside of tax time…works for me! Actually last year I had 2-3 appointments trying to be sure some changes I was making would not hurt me tax wise – all free… Love this office!

I was making a recipe for crustless quiche and it called for a few things I did not have, I went to the store and STILL forgot the half and half! GRR well I googled around for a substitute I might have and the suggestion was plain yogurt – it worked great!

Kim from N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Rita- 3 men in the house were here to do work,and none of them were stud muffins lol
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Heydehidehoo, ladies!
    So we checked out another house on "the strand" of West beach. The house is up on a hill, so come winter it will be awful, but the clear blue skies we saw when we took the your was so nice. Its a 3 bedroom 2 bth, 2000+ sq ft, and $1975 a month. A bit more than we're paying now, but doable. Skylites everywhere an 80's thing. Put in application's and credit checks, plus this realtor doesn't play the "who's got the most money" game. Once our app clears and its all fine, they delete the posting . I'm excited, but nervous!
    Had my doc appt, and was put on blood pressure pills. A low dose. Feeling proactive! Currently running 133/78.
    Night night all!
    💗Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My husband and I went for a little bicycle ride this evening ... just to test it out ...

46562816055_2145cc5381.jpg 32536157977_180d5e0d6e.jpg

Machka in Oz

And we did it again tonight! :)

Wednesday - 6 km
    Thursday - 8 km

Plus I've walked and climbed a total of 26 flights of 20 stairs in those two days.

Work has been incredibly busy this week. Long days. Lots of work. In December, a coworker moved to another department ... fortunately not far away ... and his work was plonked down in my lap, so to speak. One of the main things he did was to prepare and submit large and complex quarterly reports ... end of December, end of March, etc. He walked me through the whole convoluted and confusing process in December and most of it went right over my head. I was like a deer in headlights!!

And now, here we are in March. He has been helping me a bit, but it's mostly on me this quarter. So I've been working my way through the process and, as I'm sure you can already guess, the end of March is nigh!!

I actually had to skip my lecture at uni this week. I made it to the tutorial, but just couldn't take the time to go for the lecture. My instructor has been recording and posting the lectures so I hope he posts this one soon.

Meanwhile at home, I've been busy with homework, creating a Seizure Management Plan for my husband, and working on some of these Strategies.

31 Strategies for Living with Traumatic Brain Injury
    https://www.brainline.org/article/31-strategies-living-traumatic-brain-injury

As I mentioned earlier, many of these strategies are good whether or not a person has a severe traumatic brain injury. This one, in particular: 23. Create an Emergency Binder.

The Seizure Management Plan will be part of that.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    wow i slept horribly last night woke up at 11 pm and was awake until4 am , fell back asleep for a bit.. will have to rest a bit this morning or early afternoon..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    P
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    NY Karen ... I understand needing to approach yard work "one bit at a time!" When I looked at my yard debacle Tuesday, I was overwhelmed and ready to quit after 15 minutes. I finished that side yesterday!! Great satisfaction in completing something difficult outside of my interest and comfort zone. Not sure how much I'll get done today as it's supposed to start raining when I get home from work.

Kelly... I experienced something like you describe earlier in the year ... and I rarely am kept awake with stomach issues. I really think it was a short-lived virus. Hope you're over it and feeling better today!

I ate sugary junk yesterday and that just needs to stop. Just because I can, doesn't mean I should. I feel much better when I limit sugar and focus on eating food that nourishes and satisfies.

Beth near Buffalo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Heather ... Yay for hearing from your friend! What we pay care givers here is a national disgrace as well.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Q
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

drove today, no bike riding (have an appointment)

STAIRCLIMBER- 30min, fat burn program, 122ahr, 146mhr, 2053steps, 132floors, lvl5-11= 238c
    SKI MACHINE- 30min, 134astrpm, 115ahr, 134mhr, 1.52mi= 203c

total cal 441
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Kelly - several years ago, DH and I made all our own sauerkraut and it was great. We were able to do it for a year or so, then a strain of bad yeast started taking over our batches so we now buy it. The simplest recipe is to shred the cabbage into a large bowl, add non-iodized (pure, no additives) salt, massage the salt into the cabbage - really break down that cabbage, some folks use thick wooden dowels. When it starts releasing water, pack it all including the water into a large crock or glass jar and put something on top to keep the kraut submerged beneath the liquid. Sealed double baggies of saltwater pressed on top worked great. (Saltwater was in case the bags leaked.) Store in a cool dark place for a week or more (we put ours in the pantry in the laundry room). Make sure to set it on a plate or in a pan in case it bubbles up and runs over the top of the container. When you are happy with it, refrigerate.

I'm sure you've found a lot of good recipes, I can't recall the cabbage to salt ratio. Good luck!!

Beth
    - in reading Herring's book on the Fast:5 intermittent fasting, I am reminded of how we ate at our house when I was a kid. Mom prepared enough food for the meal, not a lot of leftovers. Also never any chips or soda in the house. Cookies, cakes, pies for dessert but never packages of it lining the pantry. So a person wasn't expected to eat between meals or continue snacking after supper. We experienced hunger a lot (meaning truly hungry going into meals instead of snacking all day.) I needed that reminder.

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State