WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Kelly ... I was "denied permission" yesterday to comment. Had to log out and log back in repeatedly.

Tracey ... hoping you find something soon!

Kylia ... Aubrey is a cutie! So glad to hear she is getting stronger by the day!

As expected, my body was in rebellion last night after doing so much yard work! Which is too bad because I need to get at it again today.

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Say something nice about yourself today. Negative self talk sucks! You are all STRONG and BEAUTIFUL women who mean the WORLD to us! Love this quote Kylie
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Patience is a virtue that is so useful. Between MFP being uncooperative, trouble finding the right job or right place to live, weight coming off, waiting to heal from injury or illness, getting along in traffic or with a difficult family member, patience is the asset that comes in so handy and is often hard to access.

c2iukdddkl6v.jpg

You ladies are awesome and inspiring. NYKAREN
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I also had trouble with MFP last night. I wouldn’t let me comment unless I signed in and I was signed in. Couldn’t‘ even mark my place.
    Kim- I do yoga and I will be 80 in July. I go to the Y as it is so much more economical. I can take as many classes as I want and DH used the machines. My favorite class after yoga is balance. Sounds easy but it is very challenging. There are some issues for people with glaucoma putting their head way down but I don’t have that.
    Heather - I got a quote to have my windows cleaned before my big book club party and the guy quoted $165. I usually pay $75 but that guy got bit by a dog and isn’t working right now. So I did the most important ones and left the rest for now.
    Aubrey- is so adorable and reminds me of my preemie twins so much. Connor only weighed 2lb 10oz and was born at 31 weeks. He was in hospital for three months. Now he runs cross country and track for his high school. But we worried about him for years.
    Tracey- sorry about the job. Are you able to draw unemployment? Stay busy, volunteer, and do things you love to do while you have the time.
    Michele- I agree, if you hate quilting, don’t.
    Played golf yesterday and a weird thing happened. About the 16th hole, the muscle in my left arm felt like it popped. Really hurt and had issues most of the night. I soaked in Epsom Salts and put SalonPas on it and it’s better today. Scared me though.
    Well the pecan trees are budding out so that means no more freezes in TX. Fingers crossed. I remember for DH’s big birthday party last year it was 34 with snow flakes. Yikes it was cold.
    Got to get busy and do something,. Playing bridge later today.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Rebecca--Sorry about the house. What a wake up call about the autopsy.

I agree about the robo calls. They call our land line and the cells. I even get them on the phone at the hospital. We have put all our numbers on the Do not call list and still get them. They tell me because they are computer dialed.

Katla--Great news about the bump.

Tracey--Sorry about the job. Worry about money seems to never end.

Karen--What a great gift that letter is.

Kylia--Great news about Aubrey. Sounds like they have a good support system around them.

Well take care ladies and remember One Day at a time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    O
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I am so happy that your foot is feeling better now. That is good news. :flowerforyou:

My doctor called this a subcutaneous cyst. The dictionary tells me it means situated under the skin. There is no sign at all that it could be a skin cancer, thank goodness. It is located on my chest where it wouldn’t be exposed to sunshine anyway. Evidently I have to wait for the procedure due to medicare rules. :noway: :grumble:

Today we are having our heating and cooling system worked on. This is repairing damage caused a couple of years ago by the raccoon invasion. The “professionals” who worked under our house at that time did some damage as they were cleaning up raccoon mess. That resulted in no heat or air-conditioning in our upstairs bedrooms. Now we’re going to have cool air when we want it and warm air when we want it downstairs AND upstairs. YAYYYYYYYYY! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Sri Lankan restaurant was ok, but not more than that. Won't rush back. It's the kind of food I can cook for myself and the service was well meaning, but not fantastic. Also not cheap.
    The French lecture about Baudelaire was barely ok. The lecturer's English accent was not a pleasure and he read most of the lecture. I learnt more from Wikipedia this morning! He was clearly passionate about his subject, but not a natural communicator. I did Baudelaire and the Symbolists for A level, so I understood a bit more than my poor DH!
    Well, we got out of the house and enjoyed being out and about. I had a conversation in French, which pleased me. I just love walking in to the room and hearing French all round me. I am a proud Francophile. :D Part of it is that I just adore the language.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Heather UK I had to look up Avgolemono! The recipe I found said YUM to me! Lol

RV rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

I love this quote!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    No amount of regret changes the past
    No amount of anxiety changes the future
    Any amount of gratitude changes the present

A quote from my DDIL's Facebook page. :D<3

I would add that a help with anxiety about the future is accurate information and proactive action. But when you have done all you can then surrender and serenity is in order. But you have to do all you can first.
    Yesterday I put in an order for an online magazine, but then realised I had already read it. At first I could find no way of returning
    it, but I ploughed through the Amazon system and eventually sent off a random email to a totally different heading. Got a very nice reply and a refund! I figured that a try was better than nothing and I had nothing to lose except a few minutes of my time. Result!
    But there have been many times I've worried about something I have no power over. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3 guys in the house ,one doing the toilet and other 2 working on ship lap... here is hoping I have enough to do that wall.

Three men in the house with you??? My heart flutters! >:):D
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Carol, congratulations to you for being faithful with the P. T. to get you ready for your knee surgery. Following directions is a good way to prepare.

:)Heather, congrats on getting your refund....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

:)Rita, your dog is darling. I hope your shoe survived.

:)Katla, glad the cyst is benign and that will be a solution sometime in the future.

<3 Barbie from sunny NW WA