Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

1174175177179180190

Replies

  • CutemesoonCutemesoon Member Posts: 2,644 Member Member Posts: 2,644 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    What's happening? I mentioned that I am newly single (roughly six months).

    I just moved out of my partners house after two years of living together. I am now living by myself, the first time ever. This will take some getting used to. How are yo all?

    You moved outta ur parents house straight to living with someone else? 😮 Well, I think you'll like living alone. No one to tell you to pick ur clothes up of the floor. You can drink from the milk carton all you want.

    Welcome to the singles thread!
  • cnb124cnb124 Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member
    I've been "single" for 2 years now. The reason for the quotes is because technically I'm still married, but separated, headed to divorce after we take care of a few things. I was married for 20 years. Went straight to his home from my mom's home. I have thoroughly enjoyed living by myself and will do so for a very long time.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 2,262 Member Member Posts: 2,262 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    What's happening? I mentioned that I am newly single (roughly six months).

    I just moved out of my partners house after two years of living together. I am now living by myself, the first time ever. This will take some getting used to. How are yo all?

    You moved outta ur parents house straight to living with someone else? 😮 Well, I think you'll like living alone. No one to tell you to pick ur clothes up of the floor. You can drink from the milk carton all you want.

    Welcome to the singles thread!

    I moved from my Mom's house at 20 in with my ex wife. Then we divorced and my brother and I lived together. After a time I moved in with my former partner. It will take a lot of getting used to but so far I like being on my own schedule and in charge of my own destiny.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 2,262 Member Member Posts: 2,262 Member
    cnb124 wrote: »
    I've been "single" for 2 years now. The reason for the quotes is because technically I'm still married, but separated, headed to divorce after we take care of a few things. I was married for 20 years. Went straight to his home from my mom's home. I have thoroughly enjoyed living by myself and will do so for a very long time.

    Be kind to yourself, divorces are hard. Grieve and move forward.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 2,262 Member Member Posts: 2,262 Member
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

    My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 262,397 Member Member Posts: 262,397 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

    My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)

    I agree.. shes a fabulous forty 🤗
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,964 Member Member Posts: 6,964 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

    My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

    My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)

    I agree.. shes a fabulous forty 🤗

    Aw you guys :smooched:

    I need you both here for a group hug!
  • _canadianbakin__canadianbakin_ Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
    I moved in with my ex husband from my parents when I was 19. When we split 7 years ago, it was my first time living alone. The first while was difficult for sure but now I really like my own space. Granted, I have a moody 13 year old here half the time but I can’t imagine living with someone again. Bring in the cats I guess lol.
  • foster1503foster1503 Member Posts: 391 Member Member Posts: 391 Member
    Was in a relationship for 18 years, married for the last 3 and separated for 14 months now.
    Where's the bar....
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,964 Member Member Posts: 6,964 Member
    foster1503 wrote: »
    Was in a relationship for 18 years, married for the last 3 and separated for 14 months now.
    Where's the bar....

    The bar is over there in the corner. I'll join you in a bit
  • seepersaudseepersaud Member Posts: 5,762 Member Member Posts: 5,762 Member
    i need a drink or two or three
  • mattig89chmattig89ch Member Posts: 2,641 Member Member Posts: 2,641 Member
    Same, just had 2 video calls with a woamn from okc, and got turned down
  • JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    I don't drink much, and certainly not now that I'm on a calorie deficit. But I'll go to the bar to mingle. I'm amazing at self restraint.

    I've been living alone for almost a year. Not coming from living with any partner, just roommates.
    I've been single for... a while.
  • seepersaudseepersaud Member Posts: 5,762 Member Member Posts: 5,762 Member
    the wine has been poured
  • orangegatoorangegato Member Posts: 6,416 Member Member Posts: 6,416 Member
    Tequila ftw
  • seepersaudseepersaud Member Posts: 5,762 Member Member Posts: 5,762 Member
    oh yea bring it on
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,964 Member Member Posts: 6,964 Member
    I am more of a whiskey girl myself
  • seepersaudseepersaud Member Posts: 5,762 Member Member Posts: 5,762 Member
    you have good taste
Sign In or Register to comment.