The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    A guy I work with told me yesterday that my skin was glowing and my eyes looked bright. I said I filed for divorce 6 weeks ago. I’m alive again! Lol 💃🏻 Here is to being single! 🥂

Aww 😔 Divorce is a tough emotional time ..big hugs girl 🤗
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    .... . .-.. .-.. --- --..-- / ... .. -. --. .-.. . / .--. . . .--. ... .-.-.-
  • slimgirljo15
    .... . .-.. .-.. --- / -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. / --- -. . .-.-.- / .-- .... .- - / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- .. -. --. / .... . .-. . ..--..
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    .. / -- .. --. .... - / -... . / - .... . / -- --- ... - / -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / .... . .-. . .-.-.- / .... --- .-- . ...- . .-. --..-- / --- ..- .-. / ... .. -. --. .-.. . / -- . -- -... . .-. ... / -. . . -.. / .-.. --- ...- . / .- -. -.. / .- ..-. ..-. . -.-. - .. --- -. / - --- --- --..-- / ... --- / .. .----. -- / .... . .-. . / - --- / ... .--. .-. . .- -.. / ... --- -- . / --- ..-. / - .... .- - / .. -. / .- / -. --- -. / -.-. .-. . . .--. -.-- / -.--. -- --- ... - .-.. -.-- -.--.- / .-- .- -.-- .-.-.- / .... . .- .-. - . -- --- .--- ..
  • slimgirljo15
    Thats very nice of you.. :)
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    A guy I work with told me yesterday that my skin was glowing and my eyes looked bright. I said I filed for divorce 6 weeks ago. I’m alive again! Lol 💃🏻 Here is to being single! 🥂

Definitely a roll coaster. Took me 3 maybe 4 years before I felt like me and healed.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Also we should jump on the married thread 🤷‍♀️cause they jump on our single thread all the time

What am I missing in here? Singles Jumping Married folk & vice versa?

That's how this should be done (provided of course, that everyone is logging their calories)

Well...if I have to log the calories...im out
  • slimgirljo15

Definitely a roll coaster. Took me 3 maybe 4 years before I felt like me and healed.

Yeah, its not a quick kinda thing, so many raw emotions. Im glad you got ahead of it. Took me about 4 years to get past the anger and negative feels. There came a day when I realised it was the best thing that could have happened.😬
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Such an emotional time. But the compliments of strangers definitely help.
  • PlentyofProtein00

Yeah, its not a quick kinda thing, so many raw emotions. Im glad you got ahead of it. Took me about 4 years to get past the anger and negative feels. There came a day when I realised it was the best thing that could have happened.😬

Yes definitely all this...im almost to the 5 year mark and finally making healthy decisions for me...boundaries were a huge issue for me. Ive finally quit trying to convince him im a good person.
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

Compliments help. Alone time helps. Self care.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Aww, I just popped in here, and happened to see all these messages of support around divorce ❤️ It is definitely a difficult/painful ordeal. Still screws my head up sometimes.

@jcrav77 @PlentyofProtein00 @slimgirljo15 and @J_NY_Z it’s really nice to hear your stories. It’s been almost 2 years since my split, and I’m slowly starting to feel like myself again but older, wiser, stronger 💪 (and still learning). Covid made things doubly hard, since I couldn’t really surround myself with friends/support (there were SO many days where I just wanted a damn hug 😭) but also gave me time to reflect and focus on myself, and what I want/need out of future relationships. It’s been a pretty interesting, transformative experience for me, both mentally and emotionally. Almost out of the trenches! 😊

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks! You guys are awesome ❤️❤️❤️
  • Nacho_Daddy
    Nacho_Daddy Posts: 846 Member
    edited March 2021
    terrordawg wrote: »
    Aww, I just popped in here, and happened to see all these messages of support around divorce ❤️ It is definitely a difficult/painful ordeal. Still screws my head up sometimes.

@jcrav77 @PlentyofProtein00 @slimgirljo15 and @J_NY_Z it’s really nice to hear your stories. It’s been almost 2 years since my split, and I’m slowly starting to feel like myself again but older, wiser, stronger 💪 (and still learning). Covid made things doubly hard, since I couldn’t really surround myself with friends/support (there were SO many days where I just wanted a damn hug 😭) but also gave me time to reflect and focus on myself, and what I want/need out of future relationships. It’s been a pretty interesting, transformative experience for me, both mentally and emotionally. Almost out of the trenches! 😊

All of this, but, to echo @slimgirljo15 a little, there is a good life on the other side of divorce. Mine is ~21 years in the past and I can tell ya that I'm not missing any of that mess or the lifestyle that was going on before we made the smart decision to divorce in the first place.

Hang-in & hang-on; it does get better. So many more opportunities exist.
  • hueritahsarinana
    hueritahsarinana Posts: 522 Member
    Hiyaaaaaa
  • slimgirljo15

Actually it was a huge boost for me. My ex continually told me nobody would want a mum of 4 littlies. My first big night out with some gf's was amazing. I know they were just guys looking for a quick hook up.. but the compliments reassured me that I was at least date worthy. 😃 it was a much needed ego boost.
  • Nacho_Daddy
    edited March 2021
    Hiyaaaaaa
    72wX.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    terrordawg wrote: »

All of this, but, to echo @slimgirljo15 a little, there is a good life on the other side of divorce. Mine is ~21 years in the past and I can tell ya that I'm not missing any of that mess or the lifestyle that was going on before we made the smart decision to divorce in the first place.

Hang-in & hang-on; it does get better. So many more opportunities exist.

Exactly .. 🙂

Good morning Stan 🤗
  • hueritahsarinana
    hueritahsarinana Posts: 522 Member
    Hiyaaaaaa
    72wX.gif

I’m doing okay just at work and you?
  • Nacho_Daddy
    Hiyaaaaaa
    72wX.gif

I’m doing okay just at work and you?

All good here as well. Good t'see ya still around the joint.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Actually it was a huge boost for me. My ex continually told me nobody would want a mum of 4 littlies. My first big night out with some gf's was amazing. I know they were just guys looking for a quick hook up.. but the compliments reassured me that I was at least date worthy. 😃 it was a much needed ego boost.

Your ex sounds like a peach.