Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Things people say when you lose weight

1272829303133»

Replies

• CMSC143CMSC143 Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    @seltzermint555 aww 🥰 thanks ❤️
  • MsHarryWinstonMsHarryWinston Member Posts: 1,027 Member Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    CMSC143 wrote: »
    They say I look much younger lol and if I had Botox or somethin Hahahaha adq0qe9xf5o5.jpeg
    With my 25 yr old son ☺️ turning 54 this year

I seriously thought that was your boyfriend... and that you were YOUNGER than him!
  • epangiliepangili Member Posts: 812 Member Member Posts: 812 Member
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    If people ask you "are you losing weight on purpose" - it just show they want to be sensitive to your health. You could have a medical condition (i.e. cancer) that caused a dramatic weigh loss.

I have a different opinion. I lost my beloved husband to cancer. Several years later, I lost weight simply because I was overweight, wanted to be healthy, and wanted to fit in my clothes (the usual reasons people lose weight).

A neighbor who doesn't see me often asked your question, "Did you lose weight on purpose?" In other words, she wanted to know if I had cancer, too. I asked her if that's what she meant and she said yes.

Her comment opened up my husband's death and traumatized me for days. That question may seem sensitive to some people, but I find it intrustive, nosy, and jarring.

It's better to tell someone it's good to see you and leave their appearance alone if you aren't sure why they've changed.

Sorry for your loss Hollis.🌹I agree with you.
    There's this quote that helps me to let go of people's insensitive comments. Don't attribute malice for ignorance. Some people are thoughtless and low on the interpersonal intelligence/socially inept intending to express care and concern not realizing how they come across to the other person as offensive, hurtful, intrusive, imposing, etc.
  • 1PoisonIvy1PoisonIvy Member, Premium Posts: 841 Member Member, Premium Posts: 841 Member
    If people ask you "are you losing weight on purpose" - it just show they want to be sensitive to your health. You could have a medical condition (i.e. cancer) that caused a dramatic weigh loss.

I have a different opinion. I lost my beloved husband to cancer. Several years later, I lost weight simply because I was overweight, wanted to be healthy, and wanted to fit in my clothes (the usual reasons people lose weight).

A neighbor who doesn't see me often asked your question, "Did you lose weight on purpose?" In other words, she wanted to know if I had cancer, too. I asked her if that's what she meant and she said yes.

Her comment opened up my husband's death and traumatized me for days. That question may seem sensitive to some people, but I find it intrustive, nosy, and jarring.

It's better to tell someone it's good to see you and leave their appearance alone if you aren't sure why they've changed.

I have had a Dr. ask me that: If it was on purpose. Please don't be mad or upset, as it is a symptom of several diseases, including cancer.
    I just told him...Well yea!
  • Hollis100Hollis100 Member Posts: 797 Member Member Posts: 797 Member
    @CMSC143 You look fabulous. I agree with the poster above, I thought you were your son's girlfriend!
    edited April 29
  • mkculs13mkculs13 Member Posts: 301 Member Member Posts: 301 Member
    @CMSC143 You look fabulous. I agree with the poster above, I thought you were your son's girlfriend!
    Me, too. You look really young. And lovely.

• CMSC143CMSC143 Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    CMSC143 wrote: »
    They say I look much younger lol and if I had Botox or somethin Hahahaha adq0qe9xf5o5.jpeg
    With my 25 yr old son ☺️ turning 54 this year

I seriously thought that was your boyfriend... and that you were YOUNGER than him!
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Me, too. You look really young. And lovely.

Thank you all so much ❤️. I appreciate such compliments . I am really trying to maintain my weight because it benefits me a lot. Mainly, my health.. Keep safe and God bless us all. ❤️❤️❤️❤️