Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,125 Member Member Posts: 1,125 Member
    @springlering62: OK, that is a massively cool thing to do! I am impressed and really want you to post as you get ready for it and as you do it if you can. I mean....wow. Footsteps of history.
  • MySlimGoalsMySlimGoals Member, Premium Posts: 745 Member Member, Premium Posts: 745 Member
    A fellow who coaches an SEC team and works out at my gym suggested to my trainer some stuff for us to do together, and told her he considers us both “elite senior athletes”. Who, me???!!! We did his drills and sent video to him.

I was still in the afterglow of that one when I got home and opened my email.

I want to do the Chemin de Liberte, which is one of the escape routes Allied flyers, Jews and others took over the Pyrenees to escape the Nazis. I’m fascinated by the women involved in the SOE who facilitated this route and ended up having to escape by their own routes.

Anyway, my email inquiry returned with a very polite suggestion that as I described myself, I was in no shape to do this route.

I plan to email back and ask what must I do to be in shape for next year. I want to experience it for myself. Sans guns, dogs and traitors, of course.

What hiking experience do you have? Have you also hiked with a backpack on for several days and camped? I'm quite an experienced hiker and used to lead groups but haven't for several years and a lot of weight gain. I'm going to shortly be starting to go on day hikes to train for longer hikes in the future. That one you have been looking at certainly looks like an interesting possibility. I would suggest you go on Meetup.com to find hiking groups and then join some of their day trips to start preparing if you haven't already.
  • whmscllwhmscll Member Posts: 2,244 Member Member Posts: 2,244 Member
    Has anyone noticed (if you’re a girl) that men tend to mention your weight loss more than women?

Some men at my work mention my 15 lb weight loss but seriously NONE of the women at my work has said anything besides this one lady I don’t even work with. My husband tells me multiple times a day. I’m 5’1 and went from 120 lbs, down to 105 lbs in 2 months and still losing. Sounds like a lot but I’m losing in a healthy way. Not starving at all. Not too much exercise either. In the past, I’ve felt the most healthy and comfortable between 103-105lbs.

Comments I’ve received:

“Are you trying to be anorexic?”
    “What does your husband think?”
    And my favorite...
    “You had nothing to lose to begin with.”
    Has anyone noticed (if you’re a girl) that men tend to mention your weight loss more than women?

Some men at my work mention my 15 lb weight loss but seriously NONE of the women at my work has said anything besides this one lady I don’t even work with. My husband tells me multiple times a day. I’m 5’1 and went from 120 lbs, down to 105 lbs in 2 months and still losing. Sounds like a lot but I’m losing in a healthy way. Not starving at all. Not too much exercise either. In the past, I’ve felt the most healthy and comfortable between 103-105lbs.

Comments I’ve received:

“Are you trying to be anorexic?”
    “What does your husband think?”
    And my favorite...
    “You had nothing to lose to begin with.”

I had the opposite experience; nearly everyone who mentioned my weight loss was a woman (I'm female). After a few months they get used to "the new you" and all the comments stop.
    edited February 25