WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Carol - glad BNL is able to be communicative. Did you ever find his will and/or financial/medical power of attorney? Maybe you mentioned and I skipped over it. You and your DH are so kind and supportive in helping him. Hoping all the legal stuff is done - good to get the bank's input to make sure no one comes out of the woodwork and questions the financial things/bill paying you are helping with.

Hope your knee is progressing well!

I found out my 2nd in line for executor/power of attorney is moving! So need to visit our attorney and get her replaced. DH is in the same predicament so we'll stop in together one of these days.

Mega-mom - looking good! Go ahead and change your handle to "Mini-mom" <3

I think I've missed a couple days of posts.. B) Busy couple days, spring is here.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    Jjjjppppppp
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Mega mom - Fantastic work! :D A complete transformation!

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Worked with some darling preschoolers today! Son having a slow recovery. Does not surprise me.

Beautiful day here. I am going out for a walk. Celebrating DS #2 Birthday tonight.

:heart: Margaret
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Mega mom, fantastic transformation.

Lisa, welcome!

Carol, progress at least, on the BIL situation. How’s the knee?

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rori ~ So sorry about your twisted ankles. Hope you make it home OK.

My knee is doing as well as can be expected. Leg is still black and blue and I have my moments of pain...trying to do the stretching and follow advice of PT pro. Everyone I encounter cannot believe that I just had the surgery a week ago. Still miss my wine! :'(

Carol in Ga
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Rori ... so sorry you slipped!

Karen VA ... you are a sick, sick person ... :D ... Ok, I laughed too!

Heather ... at what point did someone think those arms would work on that doll? I was recently in the home of a doll-repairer. Is that a word? Her entire basement was dedicated to it. Quite an art actually.

Beth
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I hope you enjoy every moment. :flowerforyou:

Auntiebk: I love the Dogleesi shirt. :bigsmile:

Heather: I came home from the nursery with two Golden Lemon Thyme plants and a pot of chives. I feel great about the purchases. I’ve already got them tucked into their “forever” pots. :star:

Megamom: You are transforming yourself. WTG!!! :heart:

Rvfamilyfour: We have an RV Rita and another Lisa. Would you like the nickname RV Lisa? Welcome to a grat group! :smiley:

Michele: I’m happy for you because you’re free from the Newcomer board meetings. :bigsmile:

(((Allie))) You are an angel for your DFIL and absolutely right to make Tom & Iris step up and take some responsibility. :flowerforyou:

(((Rori))) Feel better soon! :heart:

Karen: Poor baby doll. :cry:

Heather: I hope you are able to find the right arms for your doll. Good luck with your search. It would be wonderful if you are able to restore her.

DH has fallen in love with chives. I’m doing what I can on the growing side, but it will take some time before they’re ready for harvest. I wonder whether any of you can recommend freeze dried chives at a reasonable price. The local grocery store has a big container of lower quality dried chives or a small and pricey container of really great dried chives. DH wants to be cheap about it. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    Options
    ☘️😎
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER Hope they offer to repair your doll. The programme today included a doll repair, very emotional story. They did a wonderful job, did you see it?

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.58min, 13.6amph, 146mhr, 1.58mi= 85c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 30min, 120ahr, 125mhr, 2035steps, 128floors, lvl7, 132mhr= 240c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.51min, 142mhr, 18.4amph, 1.48mi= 72c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.47min, 12.3amph, 150mhr,3.04mi= 151c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.51min, 9.25min mi, 149mhr, .51mi= 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.29min, 9.38min mi, 146mhr, .46mi= 79c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.46min, 145mhr, 8.9amph, 2.62mi= 175c

total cal 860
  • beadowl
    beadowl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heather UK: Not sure if you have heard of an organization called repaircafe.org, there are 1800 of them around the world. Volunteers with various skills help people with repairs. Someone may have the skills to help. They are in the UK.

Matchka: I want to move right now, your pics look like the Garden of Eden.🌴

I’ve vowed not to throw any food out. It all went into the blender (heavy duty, will crush an iPhone) and added veggie stock. Soup for a week! The grands & ma’s never threw anything out. We are getting snow this weekend in Toronto. Does it ever end?❄️☃️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    It was a beautiful day in Mesa Verde National Park today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Verde_National_Park
    I was well on the way to generating over 12k steps, then, I slipped. Both ankles twisted. Left foot took the worse of it, so still was able to drive. Couldn't find a Kaiser Permanente health care facility in the town of Cortez where we are staying, so went to Walgreens and stocked up on epsom salt, two compressing wraps, and arnica gel. Have been icing and elevating in hopes that it will feel better for the 7 hour drive tomorrow. Poor DH. He really wants to be of help, but just can't do much to take care of me. And, he canNOT drive anymore. Will get xrays once we're back in our hood. For now, hope this is the last of the 'slips' any of us has for awhile.

Rori
    Moving slowly in
    Cortez, CO

So sorry!! I don't envy you the drive!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Rori - I'm so sorry to hear of your fall. You have a lot on your shoulders, especially since dh can't drive

Allie - you are so right to have Tom step up because you know that if he doesn't, no matter what, you'll have made the wrong decision and that you do not need

Michele in NC