WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Lanette, We haven't moved in yet. The plan is pay the monies, get the key, and do the walkthrough noting anything wrong on May 6th. Then we start moving stuff over. I have yet to really pack, because with our car is small and square boxes will just waste space. Maybe a box to unload stuff at the new place. Toward the weekend we'll rent a uhaul truck for the big items. Our son will be working, so we don't want to tire him too much in the evenings with unloading after doing a full days work. Our utilities will overlap some, which should be financially interesting! We have to use a professional carpet cleaner and I think they need power, if anything lights. I know most have their own generators. I have stuff off walls but that's about it. Its one of the strangest moves we've ever done!
    💖Rebecca
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 477 Member
    📙Accountability post for Thursday, April 25th
    ✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (11g)
    ✖️2. Fiber 25g. (3g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✖️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (0 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Tired. Slept 10 hours overnight. Up 3.5 hours. Slept 2 hours.
    • Exercise: None.
    • Eating deadline. Had a piece of grilled steak leftover from dinner.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Melatonin (3mg) at 10pm. But, got on sofa and zoned out until 1:30am.
    • Bright Spot today: Not sure i was awake enough to notice a bright spot. But, i did enjoy the kitchen window sill again. I love my little treasures there. The sun hits them just right and they sparkle.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. The sleep/rest I got today. I must’ve needed it.
    2. Hubby looking after Mom while I slept. He always steps up. He got her breakfast and morning meds. I got her lunch, pain management and we watched some TV. He cooked supper. She and I read and discussed the newspaper. We had supper.
    3. Fat quarters. I buy fabric for Mom and she spends hours cutting out quilt blocks. I need to help her sew some more blocks together.
    4. Italian Seasoning blends. Sure kicks up the flavor in my salad.
    5. Ceiling fans... they add just the breeze i need when my mom and husband need it warmer than i like it.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Rori - I'm so sorry to hear of your fall. You have a lot on your shoulders, especially since dh can't drive

Allie - you are so right to have Tom step up because you know that if he doesn't, no matter what, you'll have made the wrong decision and that you do not need

Michele in NC

This ^^^^^^^^^

Back away from the final/end plans as quickly as possible. Just continue enjoying the feeding time with your DFIL and leave the details to his sons.

And I know nothing about these things, but if he's still eating something, he should be good for a while longer, right? (I don't recall what his actual health issues are, apart from age, I mean.)

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Allie, you have already gotten some really good advice from a few ladies and I have to second it (or 3rd or 4th, but you know what I mean!) Tom and his brother really do need to step up. It is definitely not something you and Iris should have to plan, he is not your dad after all. I know you really care for him, and that is wonderful, but the final decisions do need to be up to Tom and Doug. (They need to put on their big boy pants!)
    Rori, so sorry to hear about your slip up, hope the drive goes well.
    Rebecca, we once moved from an apartment on one floor to one a few stories up. We didn't bother to pack much as it was so close and we didn't have a whole lot anyway. It was actually a bit of a pain in the butt! I do hope your move goes well!
    Heather, I do hope you can find arms for Elizabeth....
    Sharon, I too would scrape pennies for a cat-leesi t-shirt! lol
    Machka, gorgeous photos, hope you are feeling better...
    Lisa, why would someone make someone else drive for that length of time for a 10 - 15 min meeting??? Surely they should be able to set up a teleconference or something like that! Just my opinion, of course, but it does seem silly to have to drive for that length of time for such a short presentation.
    Good to hear from everybody, at work again, so can't remember everything that I wanted to comment on, but please know that I'm thinking of you all.
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,073 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: Poor little Elizabeth. I hope you’re able to find appropriate arms for her. :ohwell:

Pip: Your brother has a nice face. :smiley:

Kim: I like your balance training idea. :star:

Michele: I agree with your advice to Allie. Tom needs to step up and be a grown-up. :grumble:

Lisa: I’m having my own morning coffee as I read your post. I love the little monkey in the pool. :heart:

Barbara & Pip: I log all my food on my phone and it seems to do a great job communicating with MFP so that the information is there. If I’m out of touch, it updates seamlessly when I am able to connect with the internet. :bigsmile:

Lanette: I’m glad that you’re doing well after crunching your ankle. :flowerforyou:

(((Rori))) I hope you're feeling better. :star:

I went to the beauty shop and had my hair cut yesterday. I am not a happy camper. I really need to find a different stylist. The woman who cuts my haor is sweet but she doesn’t listen to what I ask for and I come away more disappointed some times than others.

Yoga today! Yay!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Very true, had a brain fart, I will end up doing that anyway, I just forgot 😍
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Lisa, why would someone make someone else drive for that length of time for a 10 - 15 min meeting??? Surely they should be able to set up a teleconference or something like that! Just my opinion, of course, but it does seem silly to have to drive for that length of time for such a short presentation.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Evelyn - these are small, community United Ways, and most of their records are still on paper, if not all. I had to send them ten printed copies of the application as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Needs must when the devil drives...

Lisa in AR
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Happy Arbor Day!

"Arbor Day is a holiday in which individuals and groups are encouraged to plant and care for trees. Trees provide vital protection for the Earth’s topsoil from erosion, oxygen, and homes for wildlife. They also are a renewable resource that provides a variety of materials for building, fuel and office supplies."

Carol - No, Philip and I don't have health insurance. We were spending so much for the premiums - more than our house payment each month - that we didn't have enough left over for all of the out-of-pocket expenses. With our plan we had to spend $12,000 out of pocket before it paid anything. Now we belong to a health sharing ministry that pays for some things but still leaves a lot of expenses uncovered. I'm sorry if it sounds bad, but in fact that is the reality for a lot of people if they don't get insurance through an employer. It was a hard adjustment but I've accepted the fact that my life will be shorter than it might have in another place because we don't have affordable access to services that would find problems earlier. I'm just hoping I can avoid anything catastrophic until I'm eligible for Medicare.

Michele - Thank you for the recipe! I'm going to try that as soon as I get home! I have a set of silicon muffin liners so they should be perfect.

Rori - Oh, so sorry about your slip! RICE should help a lot - hope you're back on your feet soon.

We've been enjoying a lot of relaxing at the river house. Our friends just arrived, so it's time for me to go be social.

"I think that I shall never see / A poem lovely as a tree."

-Yvonne in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    Heather :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,073 Member
    Tttt
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,992 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbara: I wonder how to back-enter, too. I usually just use my phone for logging food, and that keeps me current, even if I’m away from home and my computer. I use my computer for posting here, so I may be scarce here while travelling. I am on the news feed, though. I see Kim and others there from time to time. That is on the diary button on my phone. :star:

Rebecca: Good luck with your move! :flowerforyou:

Ginger: I love your accountability posts. You are wise to include a bright spot. It is so easy to get wrapped up in negative pressures and your bright spot seems like a breath of fresh air. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Sharon: I’m delighted that you’re near happy times. :smiley:

Carol in GA: Friends listen when other friends need a sympathetic ear. Whine if you need to whine and no apologies are needed IMHO. :flowerforyou:

Yvonne: Happy Arbor Day. :star:

I had a lovely yoga class today. I’m not sure what we’ll do for fun in the next few days, but I am definitely ready for some fun.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    :)