WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Again ,home and in bed my mind is just kaput...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,586 Member
    Options
    Tytttt
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,586 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.31min, 12.7amph, 134mhr, 1.59mi= 77c
    TREADMILL jog- 40min, 11.44min mi, 2-3incline, 5-5.3sp, 136ahr, 155mhr, 3.41mi= 378c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.51min, 148mhr, 18.3amph, max speed downhill 42.5mph, 1.47mi= 66c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.12min, 12.1amph, 145mhr,3.05mi= 155c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.46min, 148mhr, 11.04min mi.52mi= 63c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.14min, 9.22min mi, 151mhr, .45mi= 61c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.21min, 142mhr, 8.5amph, 2.60mi= 170c

total cal 970
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    :) I just posted the new thread for May. See you there.

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ending April on a good note. Met my goal of 10,000 steps per day (my average for month was 12,914). Down 8lbs since coming back on March 7. Feel much lighter than that and clothes are fitting so much better. Looking forward to an even better May!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Felicia, good insight into how your calories from drinks, alcoholic and non, add up over time.

Re discussion on inner voice lies.....something I have been doing that helps me is “truth journaling.” I take the lies I tell myself and turn them into truths. Example. Lie: I need to eat this piece of cake because I paid good money for this food. I shouldn’t let it go to waste.” Truth: you sure weren’t worried about your money going to waste when you threw out half a box of lettuce, carrots that had dried up, and a fortune in fruit. You ate that cake because you wanted it. You should be more careful all the way around by spending your money only on enough healthy, non-fattening food that you can eat before it goes bad.”

I usually do this with a spiritual bent, but you wouldn’t have to. My goal is to truth journal each and every time I break my boundaries regarding food. If I replace the lies with truth often enough, the truth will pop into my head before I eat and cause me to make wiser choices.

I just recently read Freedom From Emotional Eating and have the I Deserve a Donut app on my phone. They have both been of tremendous help to me. <3

Janetr OKC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, lol! both of those t-shirts are perfect!!
    Machka, you are so right with your plan vs reality post!
    Lisa, you talking about Egg's presents reminded me of one of our cats, he brought in a bird. Hubby calls me and says the cat brought in a dead bird, I'll corral him, you get the bird. Well, okay fine. Only one teensy, weensy little problem. The bird was FAR from dead! As soon as I touched it with the dustpan (just couldn't do it with my hands!), it flew up and around the kitchen, so now we have two kids who think this is all hilarious, one terrified bird, one p-o'd cat and hubby and I trying to keep the two apart. The bird did eventually fly out the patio door, much to everyone's relief (especially its, I'm sure!). The cat eventually forgave us, I guess, he tried bringing a rat in for us one day, but I refused to let him in with it!
    Katla, happy to hear that Arrow's "mom" has "forgiven" you, not that I think you did anything that required forgiving, but, well, you know what I mean.
    Yvonne, I was surprised to read that Bugs is the character that has been in the most films, I thought it would have been Mickey!
    Rebecca, you are so right! If your son put that much effort into finding a wife, he would have given you a houseful of grandkids by now!
    Trying to jump back on the bandwagon, having a tough time holding on tho! At least I'm still working out, tho, just eating has not been great. Also trying to get to bed earlier, some days are good, some not so much.... Ah well, tomorrow starts another month!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Felicia, good insight into how your calories from drinks, alcoholic and non, add up over time.

Re discussion on inner voice lies.....something I have been doing that helps me is “truth journaling.” I take the lies I tell myself and turn them into truths. Example. Lie: I need to eat this piece of cake because I paid good money for this food. I shouldn’t let it go to waste.” Truth: you sure weren’t worried about your money going to waste when you threw out half a box of lettuce, carrots that had dried up, and a fortune in fruit. You ate that cake because you wanted it. You should be more careful all the way around by spending your money only on enough healthy, non-fattening food that you can eat before it goes bad.”

I usually do this with a spiritual bent, but you wouldn’t have to. My goal is to truth journal each and every time I break my boundaries regarding food. If I replace the lies with truth often enough, the truth will pop into my head before I eat and cause me to make wiser choices.

I just recently read Freedom From Emotional Eating and have the I Deserve a Donut app on my phone. They have both been of tremendous help to me. <3

Janetr OKC

Yes. I’m working through Taste for Truth right now. Barb Raveling’s stuff resonates with me more than any other weight loss author. I did an online study on procrastination that she led that was phenomenal!

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

Yes. I’m working through Taste for Truth right now. Barb Raveling’s stuff resonates with me more than any other weight loss author. I did an online study on procrastination that she led that was phenomenal!
    The same thing here, she does relate on a personal basis.. I'm currently working through The Renewing of The Mind Project. I listen to her podcasts often and the lists on the I Deserve a Donut app have seen me through many evenings of wanting to eat my way in to tomorrow. Arrggh

Janetr OKC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    morning check-in

except weigh-in, all concerning yesterday
    ✔️ 1. weighed self 60.1k (132.5lbs, bmi 24.2)
    ✔️2. tracked all
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️partly 5. Spend at least 2h on long term writing project (produce at least 2 pages per day)
    ✔️ 6. Take care of at least one short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill yesterday: paid bill
    ✔️ 7. At least 15 min/day filing/cleaning. 1+ hour, I did at least 15 min more cleaning as break from writing
    ✔️ 8.average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling: mixed, awake not feeling chipper
    • Tracking yesterday : yes
    • Exercise yesterday: 30 min walk in morning
    • 1100 calories net : since I lowered goal by 100, but counted all activity. 11 calories in the green. not much for dinner
    • Long term writing: spent 3 hours w correcting but produced only 1 new page; need to have some pages finished enough to send corrector tomorrow
    • Short term writing/admin : paid a ticket -but haven't post it yet, to post today. I have to listen to typescript and take notes for tomorrow am appointment.
    • Bright Spots today : home looks fairly clean and tidy except paperwork

Today im grateful for
    1. staying in green yesterday
    2.some treats that are not high cal
    3. condiments
  • Jen8000LM
    Jen8000LM Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy "May Day"!

Great day to hit the "reset" button for me. I started tracking and exercising in August. It has taken me all this time to lose 10 lbs, but I am ok with that. The problem now is that I have not been faithful tracking and 3 lbs. have crept back. Urghhhhhhh! I know that if I don't get back to my routines of exercising and tracking, I will gain it all back.

Goal for this month is to lose the 3 lbs. that I gained. I know what I need to do--I just need to do it! Have a great day ladies!
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I just posted the new thread for May. See you there.

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I’m still around and logging but the last three weeks have been difficult.
    DH and I made two trips to Kansas City. One to visit my SIL in the hospital and two, to go to her funeral. It was very hard to see her just quit. She had anorexia for years even at 75. She was a RN and spent 7 years in Dakar Senegal with the International Mission Board.
    The mortuary was full of people from her church. She was a Christian and served our Lord by telling everyone she met about Jesus.

I’ve been logging but April wasn’t a great month but my jeans are looser! I’m hoping May is better!

Dana In Arkansas
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a little late to the party with my "who I am" story, but here goes anyway! (took me a few days to catch up!)
    My name is Evelyn, grew up in small town BC, in the middle of three different mountain ranges. Scenery was incredible but small town life was not for me! Moved to Vancouver Island about 40 years ago (Yikes!), met the love of my life and we have been married for almost 38 years. We have two boys, one married with a son who is almost 3, and a daughter due any day now, and the other one who is a confirmed bachelor, but is currently living with a lady a few provinces away. I have been overweight most of my life, have counted calories til I'm blue in the face and finally realized that I need to exercise as well as pay attention to what goes in my mouth. My biggest problem is that after dinner snacking and a lack of logging. When I log and don't snack, I lose weight (go figure!). So, I have started logging again, as of today. I'm 5'3", 183 lbs, would love to get to 140, but not sure that would be maintainable or even attainable. My goal is 160, I got down there a few years ago, looked good, felt great and my clothes fit me! Hubby is one of those guys who can eat pretty much anything, and not gain. He is finally putting on some pounds, now that he's older and more sedentary, but still not overweight. I turn 61 in July, still having a hard time wrapping my head around that "6" as the first number! My story in a nutshell!
    Loved reading everybody else's who I am stories, really does make me feel as if I know you all that much better.
    Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Tuesday, April 30th
    ✖️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal.
    ✖️2. Fiber 25g. (6g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✖️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (0 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling. Frustrated. Spinning my wheels. Need to reboot.
    • Exercise. None.
    • Eating deadline. Nope.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Nope.
    • Bright Spot today. Remembering to breathe. Just breathe.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. Being alive and upright.
    2. Ability to make myself move even when I don't want to.
    3. Text messaging.
    4. Caller ID.
    5. Fresh eggs.

Forgot to post this last week. And wanted to see my April streak to the end of the month.
    -- Ginger in Texas
    switching to May now.
  • rvfamilyfour
    rvfamilyfour Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    April goals went ok. Had 2 weeks of losing weight but then didn't lose weight the next week. The last week of the month I gained a pound. When you first start a diet it is hard to stay motivated when you are eating healthy and gain weight. But since I have been diagnosed with Diabetes I have no choice but to stick with it. These are changes I have to deal with for the rest of my life.
    With that my May goals:
    *Not focus on my weight as much. I have decided to weigh myself once a month.
    *Continue working on figuring out recipes that are low in carbs.
    *Meet with my dietitian at the end of the month to go over my past meal plans to evaluate.
    *Boost up my exercise plan. This month I will do water aerobics twice a week. I will also be doing yoga on Sundays with my daughter.

On a fun note: my garden is coming a long. A few more seeds to plant in the raised beds. All my seedlings are planted in the green house. My apple tree is in full bloom which brings a smile to my face. I also just put up my butterfly/bee house but now my daughter has informed me she wants to paint it so down it comes.

Favorite Recipe last month:
    Smashed Potato Pizzas
    Ingredients~
    Red Potatoes
    Olive Oil
    Marinara Sauce
    Ground Turkey
    Onions
    Sweet Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Cheese
    Instructions located at https://www.diabeticfoodie.com/2015/08/smashed-idaho-potato-pizzas-gluten-free/
    For my recipe: Calories 231/ Fat 10g/Carbs 19g/ Sodium 272mg/ Fiber 3g/