200lbs+ to 135lbs - from obese to healthy (with pics)

Options

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    you are such an inspiration :)

Congratulations :)
  • sarahhorrigan
    sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This has actually massively inspired me to start running. I can't run for more than 45 seconds, and the embarrassment of how slow I go, and how worn out I get stops me from going. I'm going to start next week - and try and get my husband to start with me. Thank you for posting :smile:

Don't let the embarrassment put you off! I was the same - I was *so* unfit it was really bad and the thought of anyone seeing me was excruciating. Couch to 5K is fantastic because it takes you through it all so gradually that you don't get completely worn out, but you do notice the progress. Finding a route which was quiet (and safe!) to run helped me as it meant I didn't get embarrassed and when I was feeling more confident with my running, could get over the embarrassment factor and run on the streets and not really care who sees me.

Good luck! You can do it! :smile:
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story, you are such an inspiration. And you look FANTASTIC! Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! I feel like I can do it to. Thank you! P.S. You look fab!
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look so much younger! Thanks for sharing!
  • ARiepel11
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring.
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sarah! Congratulations! You have done a great job.. Inspirational.. I now know I am on the right track.. Time to head out the door, I'm down about fifty-three lbs since the end of last October. Still have about another fifteen to go until mid-October, when I had made that decision to gain back my life. Good on you girl! You look fabulous!
  • sonshyn80
    sonshyn80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for u Sarah!!
  • towne18
    towne18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey again May 5,2013. As of today August 14,2013 I have lost 39.2 pounds. It seems that things have some to a complete stand still. I went from 358# to 319# and now I am stuck. I am looking for a way to jump start this weight loss. My next goal now is to loose 20# by thanksgiving. I try not to have large goals rather lots of small ones. I have been over three hundred for probably 8 years. Every time I get close to even being in the teen's I panic I am so afraid I will never get past this it makes me sick. As I stated I am stuck. I am not sure how to get friends on here but I really need some support and advice. Your story is a great one I only hope to have my own story to share one day.

Thanks Brenda
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    What a wonderful inspiration you are to me! Thank You! You look amazing !! Your smile says it all!
    Congratulations on all your success!
  • crazylilrae
    crazylilrae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Your journey is encouraging and motivating for me as my weight and goals are almost the same. Congratulations on your success!!!!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was just dreading my C25K run this morning. I'm 5'7" too, and I just looked at your success story. What an inspiration! I'm really into this for health far more than 'hotness,' y'know? And seeing you at your goal weight is quite an inspiration. Thank you for posting this!
  • kaitlynandsony
    Options
    What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing!:wink:
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. You look fantastic! So much of what you said rang true for me. I started in May at about 225. Im now 22 lbs lighter and feeling so much better for it, reading your success story really will encourage me to keep going.

Barbara
  • sarahhorrigan
    sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey again May 5,2013. As of today August 14,2013 I have lost 39.2 pounds. It seems that things have some to a complete stand still. I went from 358# to 319# and now I am stuck. I am looking for a way to jump start this weight loss. My next goal now is to loose 20# by thanksgiving. I try not to have large goals rather lots of small ones. I have been over three hundred for probably 8 years. Every time I get close to even being in the teen's I panic I am so afraid I will never get past this it makes me sick. As I stated I am stuck. I am not sure how to get friends on here but I really need some support and advice. Your story is a great one I only hope to have my own story to share one day.

Thanks Brenda

Have you seen some of the 300+ threads on here, Brenda? I know that I found it helpful to read other people's stories who were in the same boat as me and their success made me feel like I could be successful too. You sound like you're doing a great job so far though - but weight loss is never just a physical thing, is it? Mentally it's taken much more adjusting than I realised.
  • biosciencegal
    biosciencegal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!! you look great!
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yours is a beautiful story and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing. You look fabulous!
  • prosato1229
    prosato1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great work!! So insprining. Congrats, and thanks for the motivation this morning :)
  • banjobraids
    Options
    I'm in tears right now! My mouth DROPPED at your final pics! AMAZING and beautiful! Your story is such an inspiration to me. I'm 38, weigh 200 pounds and am SICK of where I'm at. It's only been 2 weeks for me, but I already feel better both mentally and physically. THANK YOU for posting your story. This is going to keep me going. You ROCK!
  • ravengal44646
    ravengal44646 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look like one of those women who has been naturally thin their entire lives.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!