What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm currently obsessing about the doughnuts in the break room and trying to ignore them.

cv6xmacd04lj.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm currently obsessing about the doughnuts in the break room and trying to ignore them.

cv6xmacd04lj.jpeg

The maple bacon doughnuts are the best. Your strength is admirable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

cv6xmacd04lj.jpeg

Oh, I had one! I'm trying not to have two. :p
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Pistachios, the love of my life. I cannot stop. Also it's strawberry season and I'm loving those fresh berries with lunch.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

cv6xmacd04lj.jpeg

Oh, I had one! I'm trying not to have two. :p

I'd say that's even more admirable, lol.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Cold watermelon sprinkled with sea salt!

A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

That's interesting...I never put salt on any other fruit. Well, exception maybe I love eating raw mangoes with a bit of salt, hot sauce and lemon or lime juice. Thanks for the tip!

The only other fruit I've tried it on was cantaloupe and it was good!
  • mintysasquatch
    mintysasquatch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all the amazing looking American snacks and food, I'm in the UK but my current obsession is nutritional yeast, I swear it's addictive
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    Options

YUM and BOOM!

Also watermelon and cheese--the BEST! This time of year another popular and super yummy dish is watermelon salad--if you google watermelon salad, you'll find a lot of easy delicious salads like this:

Spinach-Watermelon-Salad-with-Olive-Oil.jpg
    watermelon spinach salad
    http://mopicov.pw/what-to-put-in-a-spinach-salad.html

2020x1000-Persian-Cucumber-1050x519.png
    Persian Watermelon Salad
    https://www.thebacklabel.com/recipe/persian-cucumber-watermelon-salad/

VdvqxjZJRAqeUY4eKbBs_IMG_3871%20watermelon%20feta%20salad.jpg
    Watermelon and Feta Salad With Serrano Chile Vinaigrette
    https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/watermelon-and-feta-salad-with-serrano-chile-vinaigrette-374900

My mouth just watered
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My current obsessions are dates, beets, and almonds--not necessarily together or in that order.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Watermelon with grated Parmesan. *drool*

... really?

Yes. Or pecorino, in my case. Flat shaved. With mint, in ginger-honey white balsamic.
    Amazeballs.
  • ditavonplease3
    ditavonplease3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watermelon!!!!! There’s a chance I might have just purchased six 😅
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am eating Rhubarb everyday currently. I just chop it up and microwave till it breaks up. Then sweeten with sucralose and erythritol. Tastes awesome. Had it yesterday with halo top as well and that was nice but a lot more calories. I tried baking an apple the same kind of way but it wasn't as good.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options

A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

That's interesting...I never put salt on any other fruit. Well, exception maybe I love eating raw mangoes with a bit of salt, hot sauce and lemon or lime juice. Thanks for the tip!

To be honest, I eat very little whole fruit, so salt (even better if that salt comes with chile and lime!) helps make it more appealing when I do eat it. I salt all melon, citrus after it's supremed, apple slices for sure, definitely mango--although that MUST be consumed with a chile/salt/lime mix, it's just inedible otherwise. Really the only time I don't add salt or some kind of flavoring to fruit is if it's in a pie!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    John3859 wrote: »
    Shirataki Noodles. Recently learned they exist. As good as pasta and practically calorie free!!
    qusni1cvp3lq.jpg

Nope. Not even close to pasta. Almost zero calories replacement, sure.

Agreed. I was going to comment the other day when I saw this, they are no where NEAR as good as pasta, lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

... really?

Yes. Or pecorino, in my case. Flat shaved. With mint, in ginger-honey white balsamic.
    Amazeballs.

Hmmm, I need to try savory watermelon. It has always sounded off putting to me. I can't imagine parm and watermelon. I do love sweet and salty combo though, so I am going to give it a try this weekend!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

... really?

Amazeballs.

Hmmm, I need to try savory watermelon. It has always sounded off putting to me. I can't imagine parm and watermelon. I do love sweet and salty combo though, so I am going to give it a try this weekend!

DO IT
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

YUM and BOOM!

Also watermelon and cheese--the BEST! This time of year another popular and super yummy dish is watermelon salad--if you google watermelon salad, you'll find a lot of easy delicious salads like this:

Spinach-Watermelon-Salad-with-Olive-Oil.jpg
    watermelon spinach salad
    http://mopicov.pw/what-to-put-in-a-spinach-salad.html

2020x1000-Persian-Cucumber-1050x519.png
    Persian Watermelon Salad
    https://www.thebacklabel.com/recipe/persian-cucumber-watermelon-salad/

VdvqxjZJRAqeUY4eKbBs_IMG_3871%20watermelon%20feta%20salad.jpg
    Watermelon and Feta Salad With Serrano Chile Vinaigrette
    https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/watermelon-and-feta-salad-with-serrano-chile-vinaigrette-374900

My mouth just watered

Girrrllllll--I know whatcha mean--I'm going to try some of these recipes soon.

To be honest, I eat very little whole fruit, so salt (even better if that salt comes with chile and lime!) helps make it more appealing when I do eat it. I salt all melon, citrus after it's supremed, apple slices for sure, definitely mango--although that MUST be consumed with a chile/salt/lime mix, it's just inedible otherwise. Really the only time I don't add salt or some kind of flavoring to fruit is if it's in a pie!

Trader Joe's has a spice called Spicy Chili and Lime ( I have some) gonna try it soon. Plus, I love your shoes!
    51lflkXcJBL._SX466_.jpg
    trader-joes-seasonings-bundle-everything-but-the-b-B07H4B55M5-500x500.jpg
    I'm NOT sure how the "red bell pepper" in this spice will work/taste like, but gonna try it anyway.

The only other fruit I've tried it on was cantaloupe and it was good!

NEVER tried salt on cantaloupe...gonna it SOON!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried watermelon with other cheeses, but it's great with feta, and a tomato and watermelon salad is amazing.

One example: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014851-tomato-and-watermelon-salad
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I haven't tried watermelon with other cheeses, but it's great with feta, and a tomato and watermelon salad is amazing.

One example: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014851-tomato-and-watermelon-salad

Looks like the yum. I've had many watermelon salads and they are sooooooo GOOD!