What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Friendship cottage cheese lol. Someone here mentioned how good it was —I tried it and will never go back to Daisy— it’s so good.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you're anywhere near the midwest, try to find Westby Creamery brand. Best cottage cheese I've ever had in my life. Blows Daisy out of the water.

Looked them up. Not in my area, but their website had some interesting, good sounding recipes. I saved the site to try a couple of them.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I've been exploring light ice creams and love Enlightened so far. I've also been bad about going to Starbucks all the time for a cold brew light vanilla sweet cream. I'm going to try cold brew at home to save money. I figure that money saved is better spent on ice cream!

What's your favorite flavor so far? Enlightened is by far the best light ice cream IMO. Sea salt caramel is where it's at!

So far I like the Chocolate Peanut Butter the best, but Mint Cookie was really good too! I'll keep an eye out for Sea salt caramel, it sounds delicious!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    I have been obsessed with Asian/Indian cooking of late. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Indian... it doesn't matter. It can be so easy to make, yet the flavors are wonderful. Especially anything with noodles haha.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    I have been obsessed with Asian/Indian cooking of late. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Indian... it doesn't matter. It can be so easy to make, yet the flavors are wonderful. Especially anything with noodles haha.

I'm a sucker for anything with coconut milk...
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Nutritional yeast in the quest to find something other than butter and salt to dress popcorn with. Never ate it before now even when had friends whose families did back in the 80s/90s or who were a bit "crunchy" themselves.

Also, meat topped salads at the moment - Dion's pastrami/provolone ranch clone, shredded beef taco bowl, carnitas bowl, crispy chicken BLT, etc., etc.
  • pancakerunner
    Friendship cottage cheese lol. Someone here mentioned how good it was —I tried it and will never go back to Daisy— it’s so good.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you're anywhere near the midwest, try to find Westby Creamery brand. Best cottage cheese I've ever had in my life. Blows Daisy out of the water.

Looked them up. Not in my area, but their website had some interesting, good sounding recipes. I saved the site to try a couple of them.

Mock rice pudding... https://www.westbycreamery.com/mock-rice-pudding.html NEED TO TRY
  • pancakerunner
    Nutritional yeast in the quest to find something other than butter and salt to dress popcorn with. Never ate it before now even when had friends whose families did back in the 80s/90s or who were a bit "crunchy" themselves.

Also, meat topped salads at the moment - Dion's pastrami/provolone ranch clone, shredded beef taco bowl, carnitas bowl, crispy chicken BLT, etc., etc.

I love nutritional yeast on steamed broccoli... also great in burgers.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member

Stupid question, but I've come across some great recipes with coconut milk. How coconuty is it? I'm not a big fan of coconut but want to try some of these recipes!
  • pancakerunner
    edited May 2019
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Stupid question, but I've come across some great recipes with coconut milk. How coconuty is it? I'm not a big fan of coconut but want to try some of these recipes!

Compared to shredded coconut, it is very mild. More savory... nutty. Like ground almonds or cashews.
  • Peyswarbowski
    Peyswarbowski Posts: 2 Member
    Cinnamon sugar poptarts with milk. I have to convince myself multiple times to limit myself. It’s so hard.... 😢 I usually end up eating it once weekly after telling myself it’s better than ice cream. Anyone suggest a different food or snack to supplement it with?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Built Bars. Covered in real chocolate and 110 calories. I'm so obsessed that I applied to be an ambassador. I put mine in the fridge. It's like a flipping candy bar.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited May 2019
    Built Bars. Covered in real chocolate and 110 calories. I'm so obsessed that I applied to be an ambassador. I put mine in the fridge. It's like a flipping candy bar.

I just posted about the mocha and cinnamon ones in the new products thread; I really like the bars as well! The calories and macros were the selling points for me. I heard others say the texture is weird but I think it's great.

I will say for anyone who eats these or wants to try them though that they normally aren't 110 calories. My first box usually was by gram weight but lately the bars have been 10 to 15 grams more than the serving size weight which makes them more like 130 calories on average. Today my mocha one was only 45 grams which made it 93 calories but I've never had one weigh so many grams under before. The bars are still awesome but it's just something to keep in mind, especially if you have several per day and aren't a food scale user.
  • AphroditesBrat
    AphroditesBrat Posts: 48 Member
    Yves Vegan Chick'n Nuggets :0
  • gillis1118
    gillis1118 Posts: 51 Member
    Shredded chicken with Franks hot sauce & a little whipped cream cheese
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Homemade breakfast sandwiches with Kodiak brand pancakes for bread, turkey sausage patty, egg, and cheese. AMAZING. Even better if you splurge a little on extra calories and dip it in maple syrup. I drool over them.
  • pancakerunner
    gillis1118 wrote: »
    Shredded chicken with Franks hot sauce & a little whipped cream cheese

Funny. I do this same combo! + some crumbled blue cheese :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Let's see. Cottage cheese. Blueberries. Kodiak Power Flapjacks. Bird's Eye Veggie Pasta. Siggis Iclandic yogurt (9% fat lemon to be specific).
  • pancakerunner
    Let's see. Cottage cheese. Blueberries. Kodiak Power Flapjacks. Bird's Eye Veggie Pasta. Siggis Iclandic yogurt (9% fat lemon to be specific).

What's your favorite brand cottage cheese? Always looking for new options :)
  • Hirang2015
    Hirang2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Fried riced cauliflower with broccoli, onions , eggs and well any meat of choice. Yum.