What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten these in a LONG time because they used to be one of my binge foods.
    But frozen poptarts. Seriously. It sounds weird, but you will never want to eat them another way ever again. Blueberry ones.

YES. Frozen s'more poptarts are my jam.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    sfpggi07xj5h.jpg

oh my

Is that blue cheese and peanut butter?

Blue cheese + peanut butter + low carb banana bread

I thought it was cookie dough :I
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    OLIVES! I was really getting into green and black olives, but added kalamata and other kinds into the mix and YUM! Also, I'm finding I'm LOVING various olives with the seeds in them (maybe even more than pitted various olives) and with garlic cloves stuffed in them as well, as they don't seem as salty as non-pitted ones.

e353a4e091ba0b456b1d4155e96d6d87.jpg

olives.jpg

I picked up some stuffed olives today... forgot how much I love them!

YAY YOU...Olives=The YUM! By the way, you're avatar is everything and I haven't had pancakes in a month of Sundays...you've inspired me to have some pancakes very soon--Thanks!

ETA: "good ole" pancakes--so looking forward to chowing down on some SOON!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Obsession: apples.
    Giant, size-of-my-head apples.
    I keep a running log of current faves based on recent experience. I rant texture slightly more important than depth of flavor. Minus points for gross thick skin.

Currently acceptable varietals include:
    -envy
    -piñata
    -koru & kiku (Fuji subsets)
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

In actual Apple season (fall, here) I expand the range to include pacific rose, crips pink, pink lady.

You’ll never find a gala or red delicious in my basket. Granny Smith only for soup or seared Brussel sprouts.

I can’t remember the last time I went a day without an Apple. When I travel they are the first thing that goes into my suitcase.

Envy is my favorite!! They are almost twice the price of a red delicious but worth it IMHO. Pink Lady is also one of my faves.

I'm currently obsessed with Jell-O sugar free fat free pudding. I whip it up with Fairlife skim milk to get an extra boost of protein and will nosh on the entire batch (depending on the flavor, 260 cal. / 36g carb / 0g fat / 26g prot).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    I keep a running log of current faves based on recent experience. I rant texture slightly more important than depth of flavor. Minus points for gross thick skin.

-envy
    -piñata
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

In actual Apple season (fall, here) I expand the range to include pacific rose, crips pink, pink lady.

You’ll never find a gala or red delicious in my basket. Granny Smith only for soup or seared Brussel sprouts.

I can’t remember the last time I went a day without an Apple. When I travel they are the first thing that goes into my suitcase.

Envy is my favorite!! They are almost twice the price of a red delicious but worth it IMHO. Pink Lady is also one of my faves.

I'm currently obsessed with Jell-O sugar free fat free pudding. I whip it up with Fairlife skim milk to get an extra boost of protein and will nosh on the entire batch (depending on the flavor, 260 cal. / 36g carb / 0g fat / 26g prot).

Me too! I use 1-3 boxes per day, lol. Currently obsessed!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    UK friends - Pret handmade chocolate brownie...totally indulgent and will probably kill your fat macro but holy crap...SO good.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Beyond Meat Burgers
    51b8kc1--EL._SX355_.jpg
    Beyond-Meat-TGI-Fridays-889x667.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

-envy
    -piñata
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

Haha! Same... an entire box of the pistachio + entire can of fat free whipped cream
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »

-envy
    -piñata
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

Haha! Same... an entire box of the pistachio + entire can of fat free whipped cream

You guys just whip, let set and eat? Or do anything extra?

For the most part, just whip, set, and eat. Sometimes I do a version of this "high protein poptart" that @kellyjellybellyjelly turned me on to (mixes the pudding mix with Greek yogurt).
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My favorite apples are the golden delicious. Feels like in between a granny smith and a red delicious.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »

-envy
    -piñata
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

You guys just whip, let set and eat? Or do anything extra?

I usually just whip and eat. Sometimes I'll stick in freezer for 5-10 minutes to set... anything leftover I stick in the fridge. Sometime's I like to crush Oreo's into chocolate and it's like worms in dirt haha
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

-envy
    -piñata
    -honeybee
    -honeycrisp

I have to do the soft foods thing again this weekend and have containers of cool whip in my freezer and was thinking about mixing some up for the week.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and Squash. I ❤️ the farmer's market.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Cucumbers and Squash. I ❤️ the farmer's market.

'tis the season!
  • ZebraBoat
    ZebraBoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Found bags of Snyder's Wholey Cheese crackers at Dollar Tree... They're stupid-good.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've been exploring light ice creams and love Enlightened so far. I've also been bad about going to Starbucks all the time for a cold brew light vanilla sweet cream. I'm going to try cold brew at home to save money. I figure that money saved is better spent on ice cream!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I've been exploring light ice creams and love Enlightened so far. I've also been bad about going to Starbucks all the time for a cold brew light vanilla sweet cream. I'm going to try cold brew at home to save money. I figure that money saved is better spent on ice cream!

What's your favorite flavor so far? Enlightened is by far the best light ice cream IMO. Sea salt caramel is where it's at!