What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Spring is blackberry harvest time. A few blackberries each day just because and only 1 net gram carb in today's 24 grams of 6 berries.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Kale & Spinach doused in Sriacha
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Pizza...always pizza. Beyond Meat Burgers. This awesome Gouda that I found at Kroger. Valleypop Popcorn - the one cooked in the coconut oil - oh so good. Summer Shandy. I keep thinking of more....LOL.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?

Is this for marketing research? Haha! I like Good Culture branded.

Always curious what people are buying :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

I was just about to write the same thing!

There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.

Now I am really craving some pickled okra.
  • pancakerunner

Does pickling okra make it more palatable? One of my least favorite vegetables :/
  • swiftgirlm
    swiftgirlm Posts: 17 Member
    Zucchini!! I'm enjoying it today chopped with yellow bell pepper, eggs and sliced Roma tomatoes. Delish!!

hk1rqeuwo0s8.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Does pickling okra make it more palatable? One of my least favorite vegetables :/

I've only had it pickled, but it was yummy!
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Time to visit the "produce" thread me thinks :)

:)
  • amberstevens7906
    amberstevens7906 Posts: 55 Member
    Pork chops and Reese’s no bakes are soo good. Just haven’t eaten the Reese’s in so long because it’s hard to stop eating
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Cold watermelon sprinkled with sea salt!

A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

The idea of putting salt on my fruit makes me cringe... you guys really enjoy that..?
    I can see oranges to knock out some of the acidity, but I'd never use more than a tiny bit. Lol.
    I don't know, maybe I just hate salt? Haha. I don't even keep any in my house. If I do any baking I usually have to ask my mom or a neighbor if I can use some of theirs, because if I buy a container of it it'll sit in my cupboard for literally years.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Cold watermelon sprinkled with sea salt!

A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

The idea of putting salt on my fruit makes me cringe... you guys really enjoy that..?
    I can see oranges to knock out some of the acidity, but I'd never use more than a tiny bit. Lol.
    I don't know, maybe I just hate salt? Haha. I don't even keep any in my house. If I do any baking I usually have to ask my mom or a neighbor if I can use some of theirs, because if I buy a container of it it'll sit in my cupboard for literally years.

Ha! I like salt and don’t care much for fruit. No way I could eat fruit without some kind of ‘flavor’ on top—salt, dip, peanut butter...could never in a thousand million years just eat a piece of plain fruit. Salt is always handy and least caloric, so when I do have the occasional fruit dish, it’s my go to.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member

If your issue is texture, pickling makes okra a whole different experience. I love okra anyway I can get it, but pickling makes it tart and crisp and crunchy and delicious. Especially in a nice Bloody Mary!
  • sweet23sagittarius
    sweet23sagittarius Posts: 10 Member
    Peanut butter and apples pretty much every single day.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?

Nordica for me.

I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member

I still drool over the memory of pickled green beans, garlicky and spicy and mustard seed studded and awesome.

Childhood.
    Never found them ‘quite right’ in stores.
    Haven’t thought to make them, although I have been doing a ton of ferments. Thanks for the reminder!
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Prawns grilled with most of my lunches - I vary the vegetables between roast, steamed and chargrilled to go with them.
    Always loved seafood.
  • New_me_19
    New_me_19 Posts: 40 Member
    Cashews i just cant get enough of them ! I have a wee pot of 60g 3/4 -times a week staying with my calories
  • pancakerunner
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?

Nordica for me.

I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..