Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

1121314151618»

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 1,605Member Member Posts: 1,605Member Member
    Black or red plums. I am diabetic so I have to be careful but I definitely make sure I don’t run out, I am loving them 🥰

Sliced plums with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon... yum
  • memurph88memurph88 Posts: 100Member Member Posts: 100Member Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Athijade wrote: »
    I have been obsessed with Asian/Indian cooking of late. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Indian... it doesn't matter. It can be so easy to make, yet the flavors are wonderful. Especially anything with noodles haha.

I'm a sucker for anything with coconut milk...

Stupid question, but I've come across some great recipes with coconut milk. How coconuty is it? I'm not a big fan of coconut but want to try some of these recipes!

I made coconut red curry rice and it was amazing! It wasn't too "coconuty".

1 cup long grain parboiled rice
    1 cup water
    1 cup coconut milk
    2 tbsp red curry paste

Combine & cook as you would normal rice
    I added some sriracha, lime juice & thinly sliced green onion when serving as well.
    edited September 16
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 176Member Member Posts: 176Member Member
    grapefruit granita... ummmmm, ummmmm
    edited September 16
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 9,686Member Member Posts: 9,686Member Member
    roasted radishes & baked potatoes
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,601Member Member Posts: 8,601Member Member
    Beef ... Beef ... Beef. I am really more of a lamb, mutton or goat person.

My sister and I cooked up a huge pot of caldo de res, using our Mexican butcher's recipe, less the corn & potatoes( which I miss, don't miss). It's very similar to Pacific Island brisket soup, only that our soup is filtered so it looks clear and we use edible Hibiscus family leaves, or watercress or spinach or forest greens instead of courgettes & popotatoes.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,012Member Member Posts: 7,012Member Member
    Strawberries. Pretty soon switching to the ones picked in season and flash frozen which are much much tastier and cheaper than the fresh kind shipped from across the border. Going through 1lb a day is a norm for me.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 1,605Member Member Posts: 1,605Member Member
    ANCHOVY PASTE. add it to everything
  • boldkneeboldknee Posts: 177Member Member Posts: 177Member Member

@seltzermint555

I'm intrigued! Does one roast radishes just like other root vegetables? Can I just mix them in with parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc?
    boldknee wrote: »

@seltzermint555

I'm intrigued! Does one roast radishes just like other root vegetables? Can I just mix them in with parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc?

Yes! It reduces the bitterness and brings out their sweetness!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 3,321Member Member Posts: 3,321Member Member
    I love radishes so much raw that I resisted roasting them, but I have to agree that that's a really tasty way of eating them too.
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I love radishes so much raw that I resisted roasting them, but I have to agree that that's a really tasty way of eating them too.

https://therealfoodrds.com/garlic-roasted-radishes/
  • squirley13squirley13 Posts: 76Member Member Posts: 76Member Member
    Steak 🥩 fried with ghee and garlic salt pepper. W a n t E v e r y d a y
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,601Member Member Posts: 8,601Member Member
    Breaking my fast... Teriyaki seitan thrown in with baked parm crumble baby asparagus, spinach & mushroom quiche. Quick to prep, leave to bake.
    squirley13 wrote: »
    Steak 🥩 fried with ghee and garlic salt pepper. W a n t E v e r y d a y

Add some rosemary to the ghee.. yumm
  • youcantflexcardioyoucantflexcardio Posts: 541Member, Premium Member Posts: 541Member, Premium Member
    I've never not been obsessed with peanut butter. In fact I tell my friends that my ideal woman Squats *kitten* to grass and eats peanut butter by the tablespoon.
  • clayfield0813clayfield0813 Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
    Chips and salsa
    Tuna salad
  • busyPKbusyPK Posts: 3,111Member Member Posts: 3,111Member Member
    I love most fruit, but right now I have been stuck on kiwi. Yum!
    Chips and salsa
    Tuna salad

chips and salsa... always.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,275Member Member Posts: 2,275Member Member
    Salad.
    All the salad.
    Lettuce topped with veggies
    Lettuce topped with meat
    Lettuce topped with eggs
    Lettuce topped with cheese
    Mixed cabbage with sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, cranberries.
    Lettuce and cabbage mixed
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Salad.
    All the salad.
    Lettuce topped with veggies
    Lettuce topped with meat
    Lettuce topped with eggs
    Lettuce topped with cheese
    Mixed cabbage with sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, cranberries.
    Lettuce and cabbage mixed
    Etc.
    Etc.

please don't say iceberg lettuce.