Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

11213141618

Replies

  • brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Posts: 229Member Member Posts: 229Member Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Cold watermelon sprinkled with sea salt!

    A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

    The idea of putting salt on my fruit makes me cringe... you guys really enjoy that..?
    I can see oranges to knock out some of the acidity, but I'd never use more than a tiny bit. Lol.
    I don't know, maybe I just hate salt? Haha. I don't even keep any in my house. If I do any baking I usually have to ask my mom or a neighbor if I can use some of theirs, because if I buy a container of it it'll sit in my cupboard for literally years.
  • COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 404Member, Premium Member Posts: 404Member, Premium Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Cold watermelon sprinkled with sea salt!

    A liberal dosing of salt is pretty much a fundamental requirement to eat any kind of fruit!

    The idea of putting salt on my fruit makes me cringe... you guys really enjoy that..?
    I can see oranges to knock out some of the acidity, but I'd never use more than a tiny bit. Lol.
    I don't know, maybe I just hate salt? Haha. I don't even keep any in my house. If I do any baking I usually have to ask my mom or a neighbor if I can use some of theirs, because if I buy a container of it it'll sit in my cupboard for literally years.

    Ha! I like salt and don’t care much for fruit. No way I could eat fruit without some kind of ‘flavor’ on top—salt, dip, peanut butter...could never in a thousand million years just eat a piece of plain fruit. Salt is always handy and least caloric, so when I do have the occasional fruit dish, it’s my go to.
  • COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 404Member, Premium Member Posts: 404Member, Premium Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

    I was just about to write the same thing!

    There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.

    Now I am really craving some pickled okra.

    Does pickling okra make it more palatable? One of my least favorite vegetables :/

    If your issue is texture, pickling makes okra a whole different experience. I love okra anyway I can get it, but pickling makes it tart and crisp and crunchy and delicious. Especially in a nice Bloody Mary!
  • sweet23sagittariussweet23sagittarius Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
    Peanut butter and apples pretty much every single day.
  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 415Member Member Posts: 415Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

    Favorite brand?

    Nordica for me.

    I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 415Member Member Posts: 415Member Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

    I was just about to write the same thing!

    There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.

    I still drool over the memory of pickled green beans, garlicky and spicy and mustard seed studded and awesome.

    Childhood.
    Never found them ‘quite right’ in stores.
    Haven’t thought to make them, although I have been doing a ton of ferments. Thanks for the reminder!
  • QoLmattersQoLmatters Posts: 279Member Member Posts: 279Member Member
    Prawns grilled with most of my lunches - I vary the vegetables between roast, steamed and chargrilled to go with them.
    Always loved seafood.
  • New_me_19New_me_19 Posts: 40Member Member Posts: 40Member Member
    Cashews i just cant get enough of them ! I have a wee pot of 60g 3/4 -times a week staying with my calories
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 1,291Member Member Posts: 1,291Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

    Favorite brand?

    Nordica for me.

    I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

    What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Posts: 4,446Member Member Posts: 4,446Member Member
    I bought this huge seedless watermelon...then wondered how 2 people were going to finish it. I did share part of it, but we are almost done. It's so good and sweet and juicy!
    I also love coffee and chocolate...
  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 415Member Member Posts: 415Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

    Favorite brand?

    Nordica for me.

    I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

    What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..

    I’m on a local creamery kick (Humboldt creamery is a fave) but I also really like the organic store brand at Safeway.
    Knudsen in a pinch.
    Nancy’s is too tangy for me, Trader Joe’s too whey-y, and (although I keep trying to like it) the crystal just lacks the right silkiness but I like the short ingredient list..
  • Keto_VampireKeto_Vampire Posts: 1,692Member Member Posts: 1,692Member Member
    eimmiaye6b8r.png
    rdp2brex9rtc.png
    Tried good culture...thought texture was messed up/didn't like gumminess. Maybe I got a bad batch, exp date was good but cottage cheese is notoriously slightly inconsistent even from batch to batch (even from brands like friendship & breakstone). Always check exp dates because CC does not exactly fly off the shelves because of how polarizing it can be (I commonly find expired ones on shelves all the time/at least once a week at a variety of grocery stores)
    edited June 17
  • NadNightNadNight Posts: 688Member Member Posts: 688Member Member
    In our house we’re currently going crazy on cauliflower rice. We buy the frozen steam bags of regular rice and cauliflower rice with are the same size bags but rice has 360 cals in 1 bag vs 60 cals in 1 bag of cauliflower. We’re impressed!
  • chris89topherchris89topher Posts: 96Member, Premium Member Posts: 96Member, Premium Member
    NadNight wrote: »
    In our house we’re currently going crazy on cauliflower rice. We buy the frozen steam bags of regular rice and cauliflower rice with are the same size bags but rice has 360 cals in 1 bag vs 60 cals in 1 bag of cauliflower. We’re impressed!

    Same here! I've been hooked on riced cauliflower lately too. I've been buying the huge bags from Costco. It's so good with hot sauce on it and super low calorie. Yum.
  • floofyschmooferfloofyschmoofer Posts: 204Member Member Posts: 204Member Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

    I was just about to write the same thing!

    There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.

    Now I am really craving some pickled okra.

    Does pickling okra make it more palatable? One of my least favorite vegetables :/

    If you like pickled things, yes! But I also love okra.
  • StephanieWilliams91StephanieWilliams91 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    So Natural Freeze Dried Fruit Slices... 70 cals a bag! And found this gem a Dollar Tree! Bought 50 bags the following weekend!
  • lporter229lporter229 Posts: 4,823Member Member Posts: 4,823Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

    Favorite brand?

    Nordica for me.

    I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

    What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..

    This is so true. We recently had to move my elderly inlaws from their home. My husband and I were cleaning out the fridge and I took home their local dairy, Broughtons (southeast Ohio and western West Virginia), cottage cheese. It was the most delicious cc I have ever had. Now when we go to look after their house, I always have to bring home a few containers. I am for sure picky about my cc. We don't have a local brand that I have found to prefer, so I always go with Daisy 2%. I bought Breakstone once and ended up feeding it to my dog.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFEFITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 821Member Member Posts: 821Member Member
    So Natural Freeze Dried Fruit Slices... 70 cals a bag! And found this gem a Dollar Tree! Bought 50 bags the following weekend!

    Me too! These are great! I like munch on them and put in oatmeal:-) and great price dollar tree.
  • Joie_de_vivre17Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23Member Member Posts: 23Member Member
    Buffalo Tuna pouches
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 1,291Member Member Posts: 1,291Member Member
    So I've started adding more carbs into my diet... and sweet potatoes + nut butter + maple syrup. loveee
Sign In or Register to comment.